First Flight and ...
873 8 2015-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Well... this afternoon at 1800 hours I took flight for the first time. Weather conditions were almost perfect. I can't express how impressed I am with the stability and how wellshe handled. One thing for certain it takes more time to setup the first time and I assume it used more battery life than I expected. I'll have more batteries on hand when I
fly out again.

I'll also post a short little video clip over the next couple days. Nothing close to you fellows with your professional shots but just to show I was up. I did fly in beginner mode
the first time just to be safe and to get the feel of the inspire 1. I can see how addicted you can get. Was I nervous sure, but confident in no time and by no means do I think
I'm an expert as I know I have alot to learn.
2015-9-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Very glad to hear you are Airborne now!
2015-9-17
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I know it. I felt like a teenager again. I'll be taking her out again this weekend and charging up the batteries. I noticed that when the batteries hit 30% it took no time for the battery to drop down to
15-10% and of course I landed prior to this just to be safe. This was with the factory battery that came with the inspire 1. What a blast and I had a ton of fun.
2015-9-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yeah, it is fun. I have been flying RC for over 20 years and I have been flying multi-rotors for over 3 years. I can honestly say that the Inspire is the best quad and the best multi-rotor I have ever flown. Not saying that just because I work for DJI, even compared to all the other DJI multi-rotors the Inspire is the best.
After all the flight time I have had I do not get as excited as I used to, so it is fun for me to read a flight report like this from a new guy.
2015-9-17
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
Singapore

ibdronin Posted at 2015-9-18 09:14
I know it. I felt like a teenager again. I'll be taking her out again this weekend and charging up t ...

hmm, there should be a linear drop-off in battery all the way from 100% to less than 10%.
Might be a good idea to re-calibrate your batteries. As a matter of fact, given DJI's new battery firmware, it seems that they are on the side of conservative, which is good. I have always had a linear drop-off from 100% all the way to less than 10%, if i notice it is not linear, i re-calibrate.

You can monitor and estimate via the battery screen tab. It is about 300MaH per minute of flight time.
2015-9-17
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I wanted to ask.. I was reviewing the video and I had no audio. Is that correct? Or should I have audio?
2015-9-17
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

that correct, it doesnt record audio.  wish it would though, kinda sucks.
2015-9-17
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Not a problem. I can accept that.
2015-9-17
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

@PaulKerry - I now have about 8 flights or so under my belt. Crazy thing is a feel nervous each flight. and excited at the same time too!
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules