BATTERY ISSUES
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonmir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423163 ft
United States

I don't know if I am the only one having issues with a new battery, so I thought I'd throw it out and see if anyone has any experience or advice. Before I start, I must say that I contacted DJI support and all they did was point me to a thread on Inspire batteries dropping to zero suddenly. Not my problem, though scary to think about...

My issue is with a new P3P battery I purchased directly from DJI. This battery has been charged 12 times now and at least half of the ensuing flights have ended when I scrambled the P3P back home upon seeing the error message "Battery Error, please check." I don't know what this means and as you can see by the attached screen shot, the battery in charged and all cells report the same voltage. I have updated this battery with the last two firmware updates. I have tried running it down to 10% before recharging. I am at a loss and DJI are not helping. I hope there are some more technically minded pilots out there that might offer me some suggestions.

As a baseline, my original battery has been charged over 60 times and displays no degredation, no errors. Therefore, I suspect both the P3P and the controller are fully functioning.

Is it possible to reset or recalibrate the battery? Is there anything that I can do to find out more about what this error message means?

Any help appreciated.

IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Blade Strik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would first try a calibration of the battery....Fully charge and then take it down to about 7-8%. I would also make sure the battery is fully seated in the craft. Please check the battery contact pins and make sure they are clean and all pins are fully extended.
2015-9-18
Use props
novoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 444774 ft
Canada

The battery may need a firmware update. Same procedure to upgrade the P3 with the new battery in.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-28886-1-1.html
2015-9-18
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely check the contact pins are clean as well as the contact patch on the battery..
2015-9-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are several helpful videos on battery life, mainanance and healthy charging habits.
Check DJI intelligent battery life

MAD RC Info & maintenance

Simon's help desk, with wine.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules