Phantom 2 will not start
7212 18 2014-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
porschett
lvl.2

United States

Hi Everyone.

Still in the learning curve, about 25 flights under my belt. Today I took the battery off charge, installed it and now it won't turn on. Pressed the battery twice, and all I get it a momentary flash of the lights on the Phantom and a click, then nother.

Any ideas?
2014-12-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

What lights are on the battery when you push the button?  
2014-12-13
Use props
philbern2
lvl.1

Australia

I had a similar problem.. from new.. charged battery.. inserted - tried to turn on and did the process.
Pressed once... then again and held.. lights flashed green and the red press button came on - but nothing.
Tried a different battery.  Same result.
Took it to a friend... who saw the disappointed look... have I bought a dud?
He removed the battery and checked it out.  Replaced.. much firmer than I had been doing.  He applied a lot of pressure to close it .. with a loud click.   Pressed once .. then held it longer.....It started!  Much to my delight.
2014-12-13
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

Try a different battery and close it firmer just like what @philbern2's friend did~
2014-12-15
Use props
rubi
New

Switzerland

Hello! I have a similar problem with the new Phantom 2: I bought this last week. What makes a man with a new toy? ;-) Yeah - he tried the new part immediately - of course remains the operating instructions untouched ....! I have started the phantom with the help of "Quick Start Guide" in my living room ... No problem ... This little thing lifted off the ground ... - my cats fled in a way, as I have these critters never saw race - great feeling! A few seconds after the start, whirled all my receipts of Accounting through the living room ... shit ... but finally someone has emptied the ashtray ...;-) many thanks to my new friend - You're damn useful! After 10 seconds, I landed the wind machine!
Have 10 seconds of fun and bring hours of the living room in order ...
Do you have any idea how long it took me to get my accounting documents again are sorted by date were ??? --- Why I do not play a simple game like chess?

OK - I'm a little out sweeps with my comment. NOW MY SAME PROBLEM:
I have the batteries charged - the "friend" calibrated - all indicator lights as in the textbook!
BUT THE PHANTOM DOES NOT START !!! (For 3 days, with or without a camera - with and without GPS - with and without whiskey ......
I now love the whiskey much more .... much cheaper .... much sweeter dreams ....
2014-12-17
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

rubi Posted at 2014-12-18 04:08
Hello! I have a similar problem with the new Phantom 2: I bought this last week. What makes a man wi ...

Rubi, you are lucky to have not trashed your phantom by flying indoors- don't do it- there is no sat link and as a newbie you can get into serious trouble, especially not having even read the manual! Now, reprimand over, I reckon you need to relink your controller to the phantom, as the updates can cause a problem. ( I speak from experience!)  Is your light on the controller a bit yellow rather than bright green? Do your motors not spin up when pulling both sticks back and centre? I would follow the relink instructions in the manual, and be aware that the warning light underneath the phantom is also the button! the manual isn't too clear on this.
2014-12-17
Use props
rubi
New

Switzerland

Hi Rod! Thank you for your help. In my Manual of Remote Controller is always ready with an orange light !! I must say, I have the new 2.4GHz Remote Control with battery Lippo! This does not relink button on the back. I think, unfortunately, is no description for the relink with the new controller. I tried already to connect via software.
3 hours later !!
The RC assistant software does not recognize the remote control!
I think the Phantom is more of a toy ... The www is full of problems with this phantom. (((I think it's like with computers and mobile phones: Too rapid development, but not finished yet developed.
I still have plenty of time that I can give the Phantom including the many accessories back. (As a result of dissatisfaction)
Let's see what the Liferant think?
2014-12-18
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Rubi, stop trying to be clever and just read the manual, all the answers to your problems are to be found inside it.
2014-12-18
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

rubi Posted at 2014-12-18 21:43
Hi Rod! Thank you for your help. In my Manual of Remote Controller is always ready with an orange li ...

Rubi if you have an orange light on the controller it is not linked to the phantom- that is your problem. I have given you the solution, now the answer is in the manual and it is on page 19.  This is not a toy I use it for professional video work, so read the manual- you have the answer I can't help you if you won't put a little bit of effort in!  PS: you have downloaded the drivers first haven't you? (and yes, it is in the manual- page 45) if you haven't then the software won't work.
2014-12-18
Use props
rubi
New

Switzerland

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2014-12-19 04:42
Rubi if you have an orange light on the controller it is not linked to the phantom- that is your pr ...

Hi Rod, Thanks for your help. I have found in Switzerland, the largest retailer. He explained to me that it is really confusing! In the new model: Phantom2 is the "Relink - Button" on the bottom of the missile. The button, an LED located close to the battery. This LED is mobile, which means: This LED you have to push it with a thin pen !! Tell me please, who expresses an LED with a pen in the missile without finding such a guide? Crazy!
I konte connect! )))
But the Phantom does not start yet !!
I think I've given me much trouble. For 4 days I have been working on this object. Although I should prepare my job abroad actually. I fly off on Saturday.
Sorry that I called the Phantom a toy. But I'm working with the company: http://skyvista.ch/portrait.html together. We fly a more differentiated model.
Now I hope I can somehow start the Phantom. It is interesting: When I unpacked it, he has started. This problem I have found on various websites. I am not the only one with this problem.
2014-12-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rubi Posted at 2014-12-19 18:41
Hi Rod, Thanks for your help. I have found in Switzerland, the largest retailer. He explained to m ...

Push that little red light until it turns yellow, then turn on your transmitter.  Leave it on until the red light comes back, then it is relinked.
2014-12-19
Use props
rubi
New

Switzerland

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-19 20:28
Push that little red light until it turns yellow, then turn on your transmitter.  Leave it on unti ...

Hi Gerry!
Thank you for your help! But this step I took. My remote control is connected to the phantom.
The problem is: Still, I can not start the "devil"! (((
2014-12-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Where is the little light located that you pushed?  On the remote controller or on the Phantom?
2014-12-19
Use props
rubi
New

Switzerland

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-19 21:38
Where is the little light located that you pushed?  On the remote controller or on the Phantom?

at the Phantom. close by the battery. It is a LED light. But trust me: my remote controller and the Phantom are linked! The green control light at the remot controller ist green and the LED light at the Phantom ist green also.
There is only a next problem with starting the engines....    Problem 276  or 278 I don'n know....
2014-12-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The light on the Phantom should be flashing red when it is linked to the transmitter.  I just turned mine on and that is what I am getting.  I have the Phantom 2 Vision plus.  The light is on the bottom side of the Phantom on the right as you are looking at the battery.  
The green control light you mention on the remote controller, where is that located?  Right next to the on/off switch?
2014-12-19
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the replies. Was out of town and not able to respond. I took philbern2's advice. It worked last night. Only thing was I got a small amount of smoke on initial start-up. Could have been dirt on a contact??
2014-12-20
Use props
aejackson
New

United States

I am having the exact problem,  I get a click sound once but the machine will not turn on again. I have flown it once
2014-12-20
Use props
aejackson
New

United States

to be a bit more precise,  the LED lights blink yellow quick and then die.  Phantom will not turn on
2014-12-20
Use props
porschett
lvl.2

United States

Different symptoms on mine. I would get the 5 flashing green lights on the battery, off, 5 green lights again, then one quick yellow on the phantom with a click. Then nothing. Worked everyrtime since I forcefully inserted the battery.
2014-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules