Video files being corrupted
636 2 2015-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

Recently I've noticed that my video files are being split in two, with, the second file unplayable.
For example I had recently been filming over the beach and was coming back to land when I spotted Dolphins and turned back to film them.
The length of that flight was about 11-12 minutes with the camera rolling the entire time.
Later on review the data was split into two files with the second file containing the Dolphins corrupted and unplayable.

It has since occurred again. A long clip of 10 minutes plus split into two files and the second corrupted.

Obviously, the first thing to do is to film in shorter clips, but it has never been an issue before.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
2015-9-18
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

What are the size of your individual files? 4gb is the max file size if I remember correctly. Once it reaches that size a new file will be created.

Are you shooting 4K 16:9?

Did you press the stop record button when finished, or did you just shut off the battery. If the latter, sometimes you can put the card back in, turn on the battery and cycle the record button and it will bring it back.

Just trying to gather some specifics for someone who might be able to answer your question.

2015-9-18
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

feedback2.gif See index 551-552
2015-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules