Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 100 Wobbling under full power
12Next >
4123 48 2015-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
contact
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love my Matrice 100, it flies great and is super stable. I have a slight concern, when i'm in a hover and give full throttle ascending I get a fluttering sound. Almost like it is wobbling, I have seen this same problem on you tube, so I am wondering what could possibly be the cause. I have checked the props, balancing, motor tightness etc... It all seems fine and dandy. Is this an algorithim issue with the ecs? Possibly props that are too flexible? I also notice it is worse when I have 2 batteries on it, so maybe it is weight related. None the less I am stumped, I would appreciate any and all help that could be given as I have more coming soon and I hope they do not present the same problem. Thanks for your time again!!!

Best Wishes
Ralph
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you upgraded to the current fw?
2015-9-21
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-21 11:54
Have you upgraded to the current fw?

Yes about 2 weeks ago, but I will go check and see if it was the latest version. I am hopeful it is a firmware issue with the esc?(maybe) I really appreciate you getting back with me. Thanks for the info.
2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That's what I hoping as well, an esc needs an update. Please let us know.
2015-9-22
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-22 10:27
That's what I hoping as well, an esc needs an update. Please let us know.

I tried to download the latest firmware but when I try to move the unzipped file it tells me the file path is too long. I have done this on several other  DJI birds and I have never go this error.  
2015-9-22
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for any tips on this I appreciate the help
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Which update package, firmware update package or camera update package?
2015-9-22
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was just able to get the file to the  mini sd card for upload. The result after uploading is as follows.      

Result: Abort
The firmware on the sd card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft. I am assuming this means I have the latest firmware. What would be the next step in solving this problem? I am guessing I may have a bad esc???  Not sure, you guys are the experts. I hope this information is helpful and I am trying the correct things in the  correct order. Again thanks
2015-9-22
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MATRICE100_FW_V01.00.00.07
WM610_FW_v01.00.01.01
Here is the package
2015-9-22
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have a question about this topic, is there a way to check the esc's to see if they are functioning properly?
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Can you please post the log file located x:\msc\logs
2015-9-27
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-27 12:08
Can you please post the log file located x:\msc\logs

Can you tell me how to access the files? I will be glad too.
2015-9-27
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You are using the camera, correct? If using a x3 you should have hidden log file located on the sd card @ x:\misc\logs\

You must enable hidden files and folders in your computers OS.
2015-9-28
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-28 10:25
You are using the camera, correct? If using a x3 you should have hidden log file located on the sd c ...

Thank you, I will try to enable the hidden files today.  I will post my findings, thanks again
2015-9-28
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-28 10:25
You are using the camera, correct? If using a x3 you should have hidden log file located on the sd c ...

I turned on the hidden files function but I have not been successful in finding the file you referenced.
Here are the files I found

IDX
LOG
THM
XCODE

I'm sorry to keep bothering you but you seem to know what you are doing. Thanks for the help.
2015-9-28
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok-

Lets try this, can you post a short video for an example?
2015-9-29
Use props
jon_b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5130955 ft
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-29 09:03
Ok-

Hi Blade,

I am having similar issues as Contact. I am on the newest FW .10. It too wobbles when pressing up on the left RC stick. It happens with 1TB48 and much more noticeable with 2 batteries. It is revision 1.4, 3 degree arm position (tried Zero as well), an x3 camera and 2 battery trays, nothing extra.

Any ideas of the cause and a possible solution for this?
2015-9-29
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-29 10:03
Ok-

Thanks for the help I will post tomorrow. It is dark here now, I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are. I like jon_b had more of the wobbling issue when I had 2 batterie trays and all accessories put on it. I have since removed the second battery tray to lighten the load as it seems the weight plays a significant role . We will see!!!
2015-9-29
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jon_b Posted at 2015-9-29 20:31
Hi Blade,

I am having similar issues as Contact. I am on the newest FW .10. It too wobbles when pr ...

I"m just like you, I have the exact same setup as well as the others that I have built for my customers. They all have the same issue and the exact same set up. I will be posting a video tomorrow of what is going on. I hope we can all figure this out together.
2015-9-29
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jon_b Posted at 2015-9-29 20:31
Hi Blade,

I am having similar issues as Contact. I am on the newest FW .10. It too wobbles when pr ...

It seems to me the AUW is a problem, or it's an esc algorithim issue, or maybe a firmware issue, I have 30 years of experience in the RC industry and this is my first time I have seen anything like this. Especially with a great company like DJI. Still a great DJI supporter and retailer but I do hope to figure this out asap as my customer base is really upset. Thanks for the help
2015-9-29
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

When running two batteries with guidance and x3 you're more than likely over the suggested AUW. I would try with 1 battery tray and see if this helps the problem.
2015-9-30
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How can this be possible when everything you see regarding the promotion of the Matrice states fly with 2 battery bays with obstacle avoidance and also be able to add our own devices or sensors as desired???
That is DJI own words... I had already removed the second battery bay before posting as I had already had that thought. It did help some but it is a very noticeable wobble. That being said, how in the world can it be over AUW when I have only added the proposed accessories that are designed to make this a complete system??? This doesn't make any sense at all!! If this is the case I am more than unhappy. The advertising for the Matrice is as follows( i'm sure you have seen it).

DUAL BATTERY COMPARTMENTS
Add an additional battery compartment to achieve up to 40 minutes* of flight time. This gives greater power to both your platform and any additional devices or accessories that you wish to fly with.
EXPANSION BAYS
Additional expansion bays allow you to add components, customize the payload, and fly with any devices you want. Put cameras, sensors, computing boards, communication tools, and more into the sky, and gather data while completing complex jobs from a birds-eye view.

COMPATIBLE PARTS FOR FURTHER FUNCTIONALITY
The Matrice 100 is compatible with a wide range of DJI accessories including:
Guidance X3 Camera
and Gimbal Extra Battery
N1 Video Encoder

So common sense would tell you that 99 percent of all customers want the best possible package that they can buy. This is obviously achieved by adding a second battery and guidance at the very least( The very least)!!! That anyone who is wanting to maximise the ability and range of the Matrice package.

I am not trying to be argumentative, I'm just really confused at this, am I missing something? if so please clarify it for me.
Thanks again for your input and help. Will be uploading a video shortly

Respectfully,

Ralph
2015-9-30
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-30 11:12
When running two batteries with guidance and x3 you're more than likely over the suggested AUW. I wo ...

I am really stunned, So you buy a Matrice 100 and want to outfit it with the accessories that are clearly designed and advertised to be compatible, here is the problem:

Matrice 100 with 1 TB 48 Battery weight:   2,431 grams
Extra Battery compartment                              160 grams
# 2 Battery Tb 48                                                 676 grams
X-3 gimbal/camera                                              247 grams
1 Expansion bay                                                     45 grams
Guidance core                                                        64 grams
Sensor weight each 43g x 5 =                            215 grams

Total AUW                                                           3,838 grams
Max Take off weight                                          3,400 grams
                                                                 ------------------------------
Total amount over AUW                                       438 grams  !!!!!!!!!!!

Let me try to understand this, it is advertised that you can build a Matrice 100 with these acessories and then have room to add your own camera,sensor,computing board, communication tools, and more!! But the all up weight is 438 grams over tolerable limit according to DJI.  Someone please help me understand how you can advertise one thing but the truth be another????  I have 2 of these and that is a very large investment and at this point I feel like I have two multi-rotors that I can't use. Everyone please check my numbers and information and if incorrect please elaborate on what I am confused about. This is more than unacceptable if this is the case.  I hope someone from DJI will see this and respond to me. I have customers up in arms (mad @ me because I simply restated the advertising that I read and then made recommendations and they followed, now I feel really stupid and embarrassed.  I will say again for the record, I LOVE DJI BUT THIS ONE HAS MISSED THE MARK!!!!!! Of course I will continue to be a big supporter of DJI but I would like some answers  and solutions to this problem. Someone please help!!!!! Staying hopeful.

2015-9-30
Use props
Petrov Sergey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3050295 ft
Russia

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-10-1 13:36
I am really stunned, So you buy a Matrice 100 and want to outfit it with the accessories that are  ...

it is worth noting that none of the promo video is not used an extra battery with all other accessories (even your avatar). and overweight is not shown there. I also now choose the configuration and I had hoped that it would be good to fly with overweight of 200 grams. but now in doubt...
what do you mean wobbling?
2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Petrov Sergey Posted at 2015-10-5 10:59
it is worth noting that none of the promo video is not used an extra battery with all other accesso ...

Hello, thanks for your reply, what I mean by wobbling is really a flutter, when going from a hover to full throttle vertically , lets say from 5 feet to 75 feet at full throttle. Thats when there is a fluttering sound and the camera shakes back and forth very quickly. It only happens when you apply full throttle from a standing hover. There are a few videos on you tube showing the exact thing I am talking about. I understand that it doesn't physically show the #2 battery in the promo but it is described all through their reading materials that  2 batteries can be used with guidance and there x3 camera/gimbal set up. I'm not at all bashing DJI I am a large supporter and seller of there product line on my website.  I just want clarification of why the set up I ordered from them has this issue. I'm one of many with this issue, that being said I hope it's just a firmware update of some sort of fix I am not aware of. All in all I love DJI, they produce quality products. This is the first time I have experienced anything like this and I have put together a tremendous amount of there multi-rotors. I do appreciate your input, any thoughts?

Respectfully,

Ralph
2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-10-5 14:55
Hello, thanks for your reply, what I mean by wobbling is really a flutter, when going from a hover ...

I will take a short video and post for your opinion.
2015-10-5
Use props
Petrov Sergey
lvl.1
Russia

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-10-6 02:55
Hello, thanks for your reply, what I mean by wobbling is really a flutter, when going from a hover ...

I hope that the problem in the firmware and will soon be resolved. I did not expect that a 10% overweight affects the stable flight.

waiting for video, good luck
2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Petrov Sergey Posted at 2015-10-5 17:49
I hope that the problem in the firmware and will soon be resolved. I did not expect that a 10% ove ...

I did the math on it and it is around 12.5 percent that it is over. I agree with you it shouldn't be a problem.
I just got done doing a test, I took all accessories off except the x3 gimbal/camera and one battery. So it is a stripped down version. The wobble is a little better but it is still markedly there, but only under full power.At this point it is under the UAW by a significant amount so that tells me it has to be a faulty esc, faulty motor(I doubt), firmware issue(I strongly think this is the problem). I have calibrated the IMU while it is perfectly level as well as checked the arm alignment. The COG is perfect. I will figure it out eventually  with help from fellow Matrice owners like you. If you have any suggestions I will try them as well.   I will keep you posted and will have a video up shortly. Thanks
2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I hope that the problem in the firmware and will soon be resolved. I did not expect that a 10% ove ...

Hello Petrov,

This is what my Matrice is doing, it isn't my video but its exactly the same as mine. I wanted to show you as quickly as possible
Let me know what you think.

2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

for some reason the sound isn't coming through on the link I posted for you. You can copy and paste it on you tube to see it in it's original state. Thanks
2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

for some reason the sound isn't coming through on the link I posted for you. You can copy and paste it on you tube to see it in it's original state. Thanks
It seems to be playing now What do you think?
2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2015-10-5
Use props
Petrov Sergey
lvl.1
Russia

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-10-6 11:15
for some reason the sound isn't coming through on the link I posted for you. You can copy and past ...

on youtube author writes that the copter is loaded only the optional battery pack and camera. and its weight is 3985gr. I asked why so much, but he removed my comment.
waiting for your video and weighing.
I hope the technical support will comment on this forum
2015-10-5
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Petrov Sergey Posted at 2015-10-6 03:45
on youtube author writes that the copter is loaded only the optional battery pack and camera. and  ...

I have weighed mine with the Guidance, 2 batteries, x3 gimbal/camera and one expansion bay and the AUW is 3838 grams That is 438 grams over recommended AUW from DJI. I am out of town until friday. As soon as I get back I will upload the video for you. I emailed DJI tech support about a week ago but I haven't heard anything back. I have done all the trouble shooting I can I will have to wait to see if DJI has a fix for this. I truly hope so as I have 2 customers that have the Matrice and are having the same issue and they are getting frustrated and are at the point of filing a dispute with there cc companies. I hope I can get some answers before it get's to that point.  I am hopeful a fix will be soon in the making.  If you learn anything in the meantime please let me know. Thanks for keeping in touch.
2015-10-6
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

on youtube author writes that the copter is loaded only the optional battery pack and camera. and  ...

Talk to you soon!!!
2015-10-6
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have confirmed the auw is over by more than 400 grams and I have been talking with my DJI representative about this, they confirmed that the auw is over if using 2 batteries , guidance, and x3 camera. I can't understand why or how this has happened. It is advertised that all these accessories are compatible as a package and was sold to me as such. I have  several of these that I purchased for my customers and they are very unhappy with the current situation. If the current AUW is already overweight there isn't any room for accessories like a flir camera or other sensors. I am having trouble uploading the video that I shot of the as I call it wobbling but it is the same as the other video I showed you. I have tried everything like moving parts and pieces around. Balancing, made sure the arms are securely attached and lined up accordingly.  I'm just out of options, I have sent emails to all of my contacts and I have no answers. Please let me know if this happened to you and if so what did you do ? Thanks for your help in advance
2015-10-12
Use props
Petrov Sergey
lvl.1
Russia

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-10-13 10:40
I have confirmed the auw is over by more than 400 grams and I have been talking with my DJI repres ...

I can only assume that the problem lies in the firmware which is designed for a specific weight.
For example for Inspire 1 PRO DJI  has developed a special firmware tuned to more weight.
Support: Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.  As the Inspire 1 Pro is mainly designed for the X5/ X5R and thus it has optimization on the propulsion system. With this difference, the firmware for the inspire 1 and inspire 1 pro will be different.
2015-10-13
Use props
contact
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Petrov Sergey Posted at 2015-10-13 16:09
I can only assume that the problem lies in the firmware which is designed for a specific weight.
F ...

I think so too, but wouldn't it make sense to design the firmware to support there own accessories. If what you are saying is true and I totally believe it probably is. How are customers supposed to add additional accessories of there own if it can't even cary the DJI standard accessories? I really appreciate you talking to me as you are the only one that will respond to this subject.  I ordered the Inspire Pro today and I hope it will be a better combo. Thanks again for your comments.

Best Regards:

Ralph
2015-10-13
Use props
philm
lvl.1

United States

contact@flyhigh Posted at 2015-10-13 17:12
I think so too, but wouldn't it make sense to design the firmware to support there own accessories ...

Hey Ralph,

Any progress on the Matrice?  I'm having the same issue as well, no gain/adjustments make much of a difference.

It seems to only happen on one diagonal axis M1 - M3 mostly.
2015-11-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules