2.4G DATA LINK protocol - android implementation
4203 5 2015-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

I received my DJI 2.4G DATA LINK and i can use it with the PC ground station.
I have Ipad2 but it doesn't support the Bluetooth 4.0, for this reason i can't use the DATA LINK with my ipad.
I have android phone but i don't know of any app using the DATA LINK, i suppose they actually do not exist.
With the DJI 2.4G DATA LINK it is potentially possible to realize functions like the FOLLOW ME because it is a bidirectional communication channel between air and ground.
I am a programmer and i can develop apps also for apple ios, Google android, Microsoft Windows.

Anyone knows how to decode data exchanged on USB port by the DATA LINK?
The usb port is seen by the PC as a virtual serial port (you can find it under devices manager).

If we obtain the protocol, we can develop our custom apps.

I didn't found it on DJI developer section.

Could you share any info about this?
2015-9-19
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Call them and figure this out so we get a android and Windows 10 app
2015-11-6
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-11-6 11:16
Call them and figure this out so we get a android and Windows 10 app

don't they read this forum?
i think that this forum is managed by DJI, cause only they can reply to our questions.
Moreover i see that they do not have interest in support those who purchased the data link.
They could also give us their protocol.
I suspect that they want to make business with the new manufactured hardware, and not with old devices. So it seems to me that they what to sell new hardware, and not to support who purchased from them a lot of stuffs.

2016-2-29
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

dji supports things for 1 or 2 years at the most..  naza support is basically non existant.  they took the advanced receiver failsafe setting out of the naza assistant and without it if the wire between your rx and naza breaks or the rx malfunctions naza wont put itself into failsafe.  its stupid to rely on only the rx to initiate failsafe.  also you cant even use the ipad app with naza anymore.. it works but the new pc assistant has many new settings the ipad assistant doesn't so if you use the ipad assistant in the field all the settings it doesn't have that the pc version has reset or goto some odd settings...  and with firmware support slowing down after a product has been out for about a yr and then half a$$ support for the next yr I been beginning to spend more of my money with pixhawk and 3dr..  it does way more and is way more configureable and things are being added to it everyday.  and now with the tbs crossfire supporting pixhawk thru its serial connection, and connecting to a android table or pc thru Bluetooth, you have long range telemetry, ground station has a range of 25km minimum and if there are any issues you pick up your controller and fly it...

so if you want cool ground station abilities and endless settings, get a pixhawk flight controller and a team black sheep crossfire uhf system and a minim osd or tbs core pro and put that together...  crossfire is pixhawks  telemetry radio and rc receiver in 1 with a 25km range minimum..  you can wirelessly flash firmware, change settings, everything...  pixhawk has 6 aux channels that can be set to pwm or digital outputs for controlling cameras thru their usb ports...   and for people who like to map, pix 3d mapper works with the hawk also...  I would recommend getting genuine pixhawk by 3dr though..  the clones have issues...
2016-3-2
Use props
emanuelevacca
lvl.1

Italy

I also own a ardupilot, isn't it equivalent to pixhawk?
2016-3-2
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

probably, if it runs arducopter then yes, but pixhawk has the fastest processor and support of all the open source projects
2016-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules