Shadow turns into weird white spot
1104 7 2015-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

So, hello everybody. Here I'm again, another time with the white spot stuff...

First, here's a video, where you can see what I mean...

I have had this problem since my first P3. This is the third unit that I own, the third, and alsa have the same problem with it. I can't understand why. The fact is that in every single shot that the shadow of the P3 is on the ground, there's a very weird white spot all along the image. I've tested with all kind of settings, and it doesn't matters...if the sun projects the shadow of the copter, the result is this spot.

In the first P3, DJI changed it in warranty. The second unit did the same problem, and now, this third unit does the same.

It's really weird and disturbing. I noticed that this white spot was the shadow of the copter analizing all the videos, and I really got surprised.

DJI, is it possible to have any solution? I spent a lot, a lot of money in two copters (the third one was a replacement) that do the same problem!!!!!!
2015-9-19
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

All of us have this, i need to contact god for the defective moon we have above as when we get an eclipse this is what happens...  sorry for my sarcasm.
2015-9-19
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

No, really... 3 copters with the same problem... This is a very bad signal processing. In a lot of shots is impossible to avoid the shadow of the copter...

This is not supposed to be a toy...or maybe is...

Really, there is no solution?
2015-9-19
Use props
Jon Sup
lvl.2

United States

This might explain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_(optical_phenomenon)
2015-9-19
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

Jon Sup Posted at 2015-9-19 22:27
This might explain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_(optical_phenomenon)

Thanks!! Yep, this might be something very similar...
2015-9-19
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

There's nothing wrong with the camera or the copter.  If you were to put yourself where it is, your eyes would see the same thing.  In fact, on your next airline trip, take a look at the ground on the exact opposite side as the sun.  You'll see it there.  It is the direct reflection of the sunlight back toward the sun.  That's why it tapers as the distance from the center increases.  The angle of the reflection is higher and higher as you move from center.  That's all there is to it.

How to get rid of it?  Increase the angle.  You could move to the side or up or down, keeping your photo target from being directly in line with you and the sun.
2015-9-19
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its has different names for different conditions Heiligenschein,Aureole effect,Glory, but its common on Phantom footage when the sun is behind it.
2015-9-20
Use props
joanenricc
lvl.2

Spain

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-20 11:06
Its has different names for different conditions Heiligenschein,Aureole effect,Glory, but its common ...

Thanks for all your answers.

So, it's impossible to avoid...
2015-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules