Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3P Remote Control Battery stuck at 68%
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergiacuna
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I got my P3P last tuesday September 15, 2015 and the battery of the remote seems to be stuck in 68%. Once I got my P3P the first thing I did was charge the flight battery, once the flight battery was fully charge I inserted it in the aircraft. I then conected the remote control to the charger and saw that it had 3 white leds going from left to right as if it was charging. It did this for a while, probably about an hour or so. During this time I proceded to update the firmware in the aircraft to v1.4.0010. After some time had passed the update had finished successfully and the remote control leds were no longer moving. At this time I proceded to turn on the aircraft and remote with my iPhone conected to the remote. Everything powerd on and seem to work fine, however after going throgh the aircraft status tab I noticed that the remote control battery was at 68% and I also saw that the leds in the remote only had 3 on instead of 4. I conected the remote to the charger again and the leds blicked from left to right up to 3 leds for about 10 min and then turned off. My assumption is that the remote controlo is fully charged but it is only registering up to 68%. I have flown the Phantom 4 times and recharged after every flight. It always registers 68%. Always. I even turned the aircraft and remote control on and let them sit there for over an hour until the flight battery was completly drain down to like 20%. At this time the remote control was still at 68%. I'm begining to think that it is only registering 68% even if it is bellow 68% and this can be dangerous because I can run out of battery in mid flight. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as detaild and thorough because I havent been able to find anyone with this problem.
Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
Sergio
2015-9-19
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

My suggestion is continue to use your remote without charging it for many flights to allow that battery to drain as far as 1 LED remaining.  This may take a number of flights as the controller battery is quite large and I'm very impressed with how many flights you can make with it without having to charge it.   Once you get that down to the 1 LED, then try charging it back up and see if that helps.
2015-9-19
Use props
sacuna
lvl.1

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-9-20 01:52
My suggestion is continue to use your remote without charging it for many flights to allow that batt ...

Yeah I thought about this but what if it doesn't go down from 3 leds? Should I do fake flights where I turn on everything and just let it sit there idling the props? This way if in fact it is not going down from 3 but actually running down the battery I won't have the aircraft in the air when the remote battery goes out.
2015-9-19
Use props
Rocket_Aus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

sacuna Posted at 2015-9-20 15:56
Yeah I thought about this but what if it doesn't go down from 3 leds? Should I do fake flights whe ...

Yeh agree with Raptor I would drain the sucker just letting it idle wont do it.You wont need the bird turned on just have it sitting next to you while your watching tv or something as you will need to move a lever every 10mins to stop it turning off....might take a few hours.Worse case scenario you can replace the battery.
2015-9-19
Use props
P3PO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-20 03:15
Yeh agree with Raptor I would drain the sucker just letting it idle wont do it.You wont need the b ...

Don't replace the battery, contact DJI and start a ticket, might be defective unit and they will sen you a replacement. Don't crack open the remote, would be warranty "Game Over"
2015-9-20
Use props
sacuna
lvl.1

United States

P3PO Posted at 2015-9-20 08:36
Don't replace the battery, contact DJI and start a ticket, might be defective unit and they will s ...

Would I be able to just get a replacement remote control or will I have to send back everything and get a replacement for everything? I'm asking because the aircraft works great and I'd hate to have to send it back and try my luck with a new one.
2015-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules