1538 18 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Just had this posted to me.
Looks like he got plenty of warning before prosecution.
But the judge was clueless in thinking a simple gust of wind could cause an accident.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9992561/man-fined-for-flying-drones-over-football-matches

2015-9-20
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Sounds like a case of (you shall respect my authority).

I've got no idea as to the civil air laws in the UK, but I don't imagine that they aren't as restrictive as here in the USA.

The article indicated that he had been warned, how many times, the article doesn't state, but he was warned.

I'd be interested in knowing if the Football league had any contact with the judge? The only times I've had issues trying to do aerial photography from a helicopter, Major League Baseball attempted to restrict what images were out for sale. They had no problems with their photographers shooting, just us independent photographers. After contacting the JFK regional FAA office, having them verify that my flight plans had been filed well in advance, I was able to fly.
2015-9-20
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-9-20 17:13

I've got no idea as to the civil air laws  ...

That is a good point about the "owners" of the event influencing the Judge.
Last time I went to a League Match there were no restrictions on use of cameras inside the venue.  Its mt belief that the issue of flying over crowds is the subject of this prosecution, but it is the first I have heard of in UK.
2015-9-20
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-9-20 17:13

I've got no idea as to the civil air laws  ...

The CAA's regulations are much like the FAA's recommendations - the difference being those set by the CAA are actually legally enforceable as opposed to being guidelines. The regulations here also prohibit flying in built-up areas, so all of this person's flights were probably illegal anyway.
2015-9-20
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

OMG liverpool playing and that A$$wipe goes filming it, wow he must of lost his marbles.
2015-9-20
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-21 04:14
OMG liverpool playing and that A$$wipe goes filming it, wow he must of lost his marbles.

MONEY!!!  its all about the money!
2015-9-21
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Alien tech Posted at 2015-9-21 11:53
MONEY!!!  its all about the money!

convition was nothing to do with photography rights it was focused on PUBLIC  SAFETY clearly readable in CAA regulations document  guidance material for ANO CAP 393/CAP 722 read and enjoy
2015-9-21
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-9-21 18:26
convition was nothing to do with photography rights it was focused on PUBLIC  SAFETY clearly reada ...

well that's the normal one they throw at everyone isn't it.  You can also get killed walking your doggy across the road too, life can be risky at times.  Especially for them Middle Eastern civilians the Governments and their drones drop bombs on at times. Oppps sorry for the collateral damage friends, but that's war for you ins't it!  But I am trying to understand it Honest !   
2015-9-21
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The rules are quite clear and even nicely illustrated in a video on the CAA website.

You can also download a PDF guide for the rules in the UK.

For this case it's dead simple:
"Drones fitted with cameras must not be flown:
- within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings or structures
- over congested areas or large gatherings such as concerts and sports events"

That guy violated pretty much every rule you can think of.
2015-9-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Alien tech Posted at 2015-9-21 14:53
well that's the normal one they throw at everyone isn't it.  You can also get killed walking your  ...

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil LOL

2015-9-21
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
United Kingdom

agrewe Posted at 2015-9-21 20:15
The rules are quite clear and even nicely illustrated in a video on the CAA website.

You can also d ...

Thanks for that link.
Very informative.
2015-9-21
Use props
cabte
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thats not all
He Originaly got caught due to flying it over Buckingham palace and flying around big ben and Houses of parliment ,
then when they caught him they found all the other footage on the Sd cardAlso it was a P2 vision or P3
2015-9-21
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Alien tech Posted at 2015-9-21 19:53
well that's the normal one they throw at everyone isn't it.  You can also get killed walking your  ...

ITS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND BE THOUGHT AN IDIOT THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT
2015-9-21
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

cabte Posted at 2015-9-21 17:49
Thats not all
He Originaly got caught due to flying it over Buckingham palace and flying around big ...

Thats even worse LOL so funny it is like oh lets go rob a store and then pass by the police station to use the restroom.
2015-9-21
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-9-22 03:35
ITS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND BE THOUGHT AN IDIOT THAN TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

I am interested to know what exactly makes me an idiot ? Is due to the  fact I am the white bird in the black flock or visa versa ?  This being, I question the status quo !  That's idiocy in your opinion is it ?  I open my mouth about true and accurate events taking place on a daily bases ( read my comment again) , Which by the way you have NOT addressed regards their legitimacy; Instead you SHOUT and imply insulting derogatory assumptions about me, which I find offensive.  Your clearly exhibiting ignorance and blind exceptence of the nature of everyday life!  As the film the Matrix said (Most are so hoplessly lost within the system, they will fight to defend it) SAD!
And so it would appear someone, such as yourself who is  clearly ( FAR)  more intelligent than me, cannot understand the subtleties and contradictions of the value sets taking place as outlined,within my original comment.  

Its such a lonely life being a unique person, with my own views, and I find myself being bullied to just blindly except a Sheeps mentality ( don't be indipendent or question, just except thats how it is). people must have a  subordinate mentality of a robot or your attacked, you have provided evidence of that. ( this world truly is lost)

So I assume I am an idiot leaving you in no doubt. because I highlight true and events that occur ( daily) and illuminate the hypercritical  value sets in them, and I am instantly transformed into an idiot..
Unfortunately my assesment of your behavior would be summed up as (1) ( ignorant);  meaning of;  the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning,information, etc.

(
And (2) (Bigotry)  meaning; stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

I think you are right! I am an idiot for ever coming to this rediculouse planet in a the first place. NO life here lets move on !

DO we follow by example....  ?  I don't deal with cowards and murderes.

2015-9-21
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Alien tech Posted at 2015-9-22 03:11
I am interested to know what exactly makes me an idiot ? Is due to the  fact I am the white bird in ...

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH How the hell is this anything to do with safely flying uav s.You need to find yourself a political platform or maybe speakers corner.Inviting users of this forum to view graffic war videos where are you coming from.
2015-9-22
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

Alien tech Posted at 2015-9-21 19:53

The difference is that as a walker, it's up to you when and how you cross the road.
The fans at the football match had no part in deciding if a drone should be flown over their heads with the potential of it crashing on them. Therefore it's deemed unsafe.
2015-9-22
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Exactly the answer I should have replied with but could not ignore his link
2015-9-22
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

cabte Posted at 2015-9-22 05:49
Thats not all
He Originaly got caught due to flying it over Buckingham palace and flying around big ...

Good to hear he's banned from owning or flying drones for the next two years. Serve him right.
2015-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules