Low/ Critical Battery Voltage
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pcmao
lvl.1

Canada

I was flying my P3P the other day, all firmware on my drone, remote and battery and stuff are latest update.
The battery has indicator light of 3 so maybe 75% of remaining battery. So I took off and fly about 2-3 mins it gives me a critical low voltage warning on my battery and say I must land.
I was able to safely land it to home after that without damage. But what is this low voltage warning about? My battery is really new with battery life still at 100% and only charged couple times.

Why am I having this warning?

2015-9-20
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

When You restart you craft , what voltage have you seen?
2015-9-20
Use props
pcmao
lvl.1

Canada

Nemmo Posted at 2015-9-20 12:17
When You restart you craft , what voltage have you seen?

I just switch to another battery, and  it's fine on that. I didn't restart with the same battery
2015-9-20
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

pcmao Posted at 2015-9-21 04:18
I just switch to another battery, and  it's fine on that. I didn't restart with the same battery

try to testYour battery on www.healthydrones.com
2015-9-21
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

One thing to remember with these lipos is that they take a few charges to settle and burn in.  When flying new batteries that have not had many recharges you run the risk of the voltage dropping off rather quickly and you need to be ready in case it does.  My guess is you just need to fly that battery some more and cycle it.  Should be good for the long haul after about 10 recharges.
2015-9-21
Use props
lostinthezone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

I had a similar experience with one of my batteries this past weekend.  Although the battery was showing fully charged, it dropped to 75% right away.  I had just removed it from the charger where the charge light had gone out.  I never had an issue like this until the latest firmware.      

Rob

2015-9-21
Use props
apezz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249915 ft
United States

This also happened to me. My battery has been cycled many times I and would consider it well broken in. However one thing I did differently this time was not letting it get to a full charge and shut off by itself while on the charger. The battery was close to finishing up it's charge, flashing 4 LEDs but since I was in a hurry to get up in the air prior to sunset I took it off the charger before it had finished. I flew that evening without any problems. There was approximately 60% charge left on the battery. The next morning I took it up again and flew for approximately three minutes when I got the critical low battery alarm and landed it immediately. My battery levels were shown to be at 45%. But the bar indicator on the app which shows you the amount of battery left before you need to come home did not indicate the remaining time left. It was still midway across the screen of my tablet but was not indicating a time remaining number as it usually does. I cycled power to the remote the drone my tablet and also removed and reinstalled the battery , I was still unable to see time remaining on the Go app.
I'm planning on completely discharging the battery , then letting it charge completely on the charger to see if this resolves the issue.
2015-9-24
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

apezz Posted at 2015-9-24 22:28
This also happened to me. My battery has been cycled many times I and would consider it well broken  ...

I would assume like most smart charging systems the last minutes of the charge cycle it would equalize the cells.Disconnecting the charger before done could result in unbalanced cells and irregular performance.
2015-9-24
Use props
ed.weibe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40056 ft
United States

Fred1969 Posted at 2015-9-21 15:16
One thing to remember with these lipos is that they take a few charges to settle and burn in.  When  ...

amen to that.  had a water landing as a result of a battery that decided it wasnt really as chagred as it though it was.  Dried everything out and warranty gave me a new battery thank goodness.
2015-9-24
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-24 14:39
I would assume like most smart charging systems the last minutes of the charge cycle it would equa ...

Yes i have monitored the charge cycle and the last 10 minutes the battery takes no current but sits there flashing,  i assume its balancing the cells at this point.

With a new pack take it easy and only discharger to 50% for the first 10 cycles, then if your having issues then doa full calibration, fully charge, then discharge to 5% then fully recharge again.
2015-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules