Pleased with my Inspire repair
894 4 2015-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyhawkvideos
lvl.2

United States

Wrecked my Inspire after it flew out of control into a crane at 250 ft. Crashed to the ground, a total loss. My spotter thought he noticed something detach from the Inspire before it made the horizontal uncontrolled flight into the crane. I was still using the self-tightning props with the prop locks and I calibrate before every flight.

Called DJI to report issue and was given a RMA after about a 20 minute hold on the phone.

What happened then:

7/31/2015 - I mailed my Inspire to CA.
8/4/2015  - USPS tracking reported package received
8/7/2015  - Automated notification of Unit received from DJI and gave ticket # see where your unit is in the repair process and it stating that if I didnt hear from the in 6 weeks call  the help desk.

Six weeks give them until August 18 and I anxiously awaited the date so I could call and find out where my Inspire was in the repair process.

9/15/2015 -Got email from DJI
"Your Inspire One has been inspected by the repair department. As a one time courtesy to expedite the repair process your craft has been replaced with a new unit. "

9/16/2015 - DJI sent Fedex Ground tracking #
9/21/2015 - Received my "new" replacement Inspire "D" Series
9/21/2015 - I am one happy DJI customer. After reading some of the negative comments and horror stories about their repair service I really expected the worst but what more could I ask for. They stood behind the product, no complaints for me.
2015-9-28
Use props
Fiete1989
New

Germany

six weeks is NOT a good support-time....2 weeks would be. Or 2 days, like Apple ;)....due to the price!
2015-9-29
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

6 weeks is better then 8 or 12 weeks as in the past, they're getting better it seems.
2015-9-29
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

My I1 threw an ESC error after last update I sent in on a Thursday I received back the following Friday, one week and one day.
2015-9-29
Use props
ro-copter.de
lvl.1

Germany

Fred D Posted at 2015-9-29 16:10
6 weeks is better then 8 or 12 weeks as in the past, they're getting better it seems.

Hi,

they seem to go "back to the roots" somehow. My unit was received 7 Weeks ago. Since then-->no relieable timeframe, no status update, no information at all. As a commercial user i would even buy a inspire in spare, but i don't wand to buy it if mine comes back the next day. Repair times aren't the problem, but the information is. As a commercial customer i need "real" repair times. As Dji told me 15-20 working days i planned arial video jobs, now maybe i loose clients. I also have a P3 but not all the jobs can be done with it. As great as the products are, as poor is the information.
2015-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules