DJI GO for iOS9
55138 518 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DreamingWatchma
lvl.2

Austria

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-21 20:57
My Phantom 3 Pro' is Still running clear and clean here.
Just like after all the previous updates t ...

Nobody said that „DJI has gone out of their way, to ruin your fun”.

However, DJI displays some laziness, which I - as a customer - have a right to criticize.

* As far as I know, there’s still no comprehensive manual for the Go App.
* We are still waiting for the official manual for the new features (waypoint, etc.)
* And now they have screwed up the transition to iOS 9.

If you think criticizing DJI is blasphemy you should reevaluate your attitude as a customer towards a company. Being a customer is not a choice between being a fanboy who thinks DJI can do no wrong on one side and selling the Phantom on the other.

I don’t want to sell my Phantom, because I think the P3 is the best drone for this price.

However I also think a new iOS (with minor changes) and a head start of 3 months for developers should not be a problem for a big player like DJI.

PS.: You are right, a lot of people criticize DJI for their own mistakes. However, DJI is advising people not do install iOS 9 a few days after a lot of people already have installed the new iOS. This is a major screw up followed by a second screw up in handling the first one.
2015-9-22
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Tim for letting us know
2015-9-22
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

DreamingWatchma Posted at 2015-9-22 07:25
Nobody said that „DJI has gone out of their way, to ruin your fun”.

However, DJI displays some  ...

Agreed. I like my Phantom very much, but I am not drinking the DJI Kool-Aid.
I don't think poor DJI's feelings are going to be hurt from criticism by it's CUSTOMERS on their own forum. So now what, people should not complain about Apple on the official Apple forum or Microsoft or Nikon, Canon ,(insert company name here)?
2015-9-22
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

richardhuison@y Posted at 2015-9-21 12:17
DJI, You are a serious company, making basic errors. You are not making cheap knock offs...........S ...

Apple is the one that changes things here. Why not acuse them of being not professional?
2015-9-22
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

giant Posted at 2015-9-22 12:16
Apple is the one that changes things here. Why not acuse them of being not professional?

DJI  released a major update to their app a week before Apple released a major upgrade to IOS. I think in this case Apple trumps DJI. DJI should have realized that their new release  was going to be heavily used on IOS 9. Bad timing on DJI's part.
2015-9-22
Use props
t.katz
lvl.2

United States

giant Posted at 2015-9-22 12:16

So Apple shouldn't release a major update to their OS?

It was known months ago that there was going to be a major update, and all developers had access to the beta and sdk   Major updates almost always cause issues, and DJI had months to at least test.  Perhaps testing was done and no issues were found.  Who knows.  However...

The approximate release date was also known in advance so a forum post, email, etc could have been made alerting users to hold off on upgrading until the app was fully tested and known to work to the best of their knowledge.  

It could just be that the testing beforehand wasn't thorough enough and this caught them off guard.  However, I started experiencing issues on my iphone 6 immediately upon firing up the p3p (the video started cutting in and out).  So either at least that device wasn't tested, or tested enough.
2015-9-22
Use props
intheairimages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 801099 ft
United Kingdom

Inspire was updated to the latest firmware at the weekend, running iOS 9 with iPad Air and first 2 flights at the weekend were fine. Didn't let it get too far away,tested return to home and a couple of the new features - love point of interest! All was OK. Will test more at the weekend...
2015-9-22
Use props
tdtinker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204918 ft
United States

DJI GO is experiencing minor compatibility issues with iOS9. I had already down loaded iO9 and have not gone back to 8 yet. They are very vague as to the problem, but I think it is losing the video signal. I flew in a very safe place today and experienced video signal lost, sometime the screen would just go dark. P3P and Mini pad 2.
2015-9-22
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

jebryant10@att. Posted at 2015-9-21 12:57
I use an iPaid Air 2 with iOS9 and have 4 flights with no problums.

Consider yourself lucky then.
If they say there are issues I am tempted to believe them and hold off flying until we are sure what the issues are and how they might affect us.
2015-9-22
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well to go against the flow, (sort of) I think this is a step forward in customer relations by Dji. Yes there may be issues with ios 9, (I have just bought a new ipad 4 mini and have not experienced any) but has nobody else noticed that this is a fresh approach by Dji to potential problems. Gone is the denial and silence, instead, just a straight forward admission and information that it is being worked on and will be released shortly.
Long may this attitude continue and it can only get better.

Dave.
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-9-23 02:07
Well to go against the flow, (sort of) I think this is a step forward in customer relations by Dji.  ...

Exactly, you've hit the nail on the head. You must be a long time DJI customer.
2015-9-22
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

Our main concern today is : will my Phantom 3 crash with iOS 9? If not, then I will wait for the improvements in DJI GO but would keep flying. DJI should make a comment on this issue and briefly tell us what are the major concerns so that we take care of them.
2015-9-22
Use props
dennis
lvl.3
United States

As usual handing us more garbage to deal with.
2015-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's good to read some intelligent comments with some empathy for the situation. Even with beta testing, there are way too many complex variables to approach, in too little time.
Sure, and even though we are going through a difficult transition for some, many of us are still not afflicted with those same considerations.  
Perhaps if my Phantom 3 were grounded or had I crashed, I would feel a lot different about all of this with you. But it hasn't and I don't. ;-)

And let's please agree about One thing,  pilot error is more often than not, the real culprit, which isn't the fault of @DJI.
My sincerest apology to everyone, for my outburst. Some of my directed comments, were uncalled for. We/I should never point a finger. . . @Friends

@dennis, there are many other unique brands to choose from today. ;-)
& No @Dji ball and chain to hold you down. Hahaha
I feel much better today. I Must have been affected,afflicted by the inclement weather?!!?

RedHotPoker
2015-9-22
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew two 13-min flights with my P3 Pro on SEP 20th using an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.0 installed.  The P3 Pro flew very stably with VPS system, compass, GPS, flight controls, and telemetry all working well and accurately. Although my HD video was rock stable (using Custom Channel 20 with 4 Mbps video transmission rate) out to 7900 feet distance from Home Point, I did get "Weak RC Signal" starting at 5000 feet distance at a location where I have flown out as far as 11,000 feet multiple times in the past in similar temperature and weather conditions before losing RC signal.  I had no problem maintaining HD image quality and signal strength (4-5 bars) out to 7900 feet, but the RC signal strength was down to 1-2 bars at that distance, so I turned aircraft around and returned home.  But two data points is not enough to make a definitive evaluation of whether this is a change in performance due to iOS 9.0 upgrade or local signal interference. Note: the RC antennae were perpendicular to ground, parallel to one another with wide flat sides kept facing the P3 Pro throughout the flight.

I did note one anomaly (bug) in DJI GO software performance under iOS 9.0.  When playing back Flight Records, the Red Arrow aircraft symbol never moves from the Home Point, although it does rotate to show the correct aircraft flight direction.  Previously, the Red Arrow aircraft symbol would trace the aircraft flight path at the advancing end of the yellow highlighted flight progress path.
2015-9-22
Use props
roblor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319314 ft
Australia

How do I downgrading to iOS 8.4.1.
2015-9-22
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-22 19:31

Dave,

Can you provide any additional comment or feedback to the forum on exactly what problems the Tech guys have uncovered.  

We need to know more information in order to make that informed decision to downgrade or not.  Or is this serious enough that DJI recommend downgrading immediatley.
2015-9-22
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-9-22 17:06
Dave,

Can you provide any additional comment or feedback to the forum on exactly what problems th ...

Or not to fly if your only option is IOS 9 with no recourse to downgrade to 8.4.1?
2015-9-22
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

4 hours flight time with os9, iPad air 2, Phantom3 (inspire in service) with no issues.
2015-9-22
Use props
roblor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319314 ft
Australia

where can I get the
Downloads for  iOS 8.4.1 for ipad mini 2
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

GB44 and aopisa,

As of right now the DJI engineers have not shared with me any info on why the recommendation to hold off on iOS 9.

From what I have been reading here and on RC Groups and other multirotor forums is that most guys are having zero problems.
The most widely reported problem is "the Red Arrow aircraft symbol would trace the aircraft flight and now it does not"

As soon as I know more from DJI I will report.
2015-9-22
Use props
SkySurfer
lvl.2

United States

roblor@optusnet Posted at 2015-9-22 17:19
where can I get the
Downloads for  iOS 8.4.1 for ipad mini 2

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31617-1-3.html
2015-9-22
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iOS9 betas have been around for 3-4 months. The Gold Master gets released what, a week ago? DJI are just getting to terms with it? Lame, very lame!
2015-9-23
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-22 19:31

Mine was in the first Uk batch so yes a long time. Ohhh the highs and lows but I think we are getting there slowly.
2015-9-23
Use props
jaybee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586201 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DreamingWatchma Posted at 2015-9-21 08:48
Like any other developer DJI had a chance to get a prerelease of iOS 9 right after the keynote in Ju ...

Well said, no excuse.
2015-9-23
Use props
R2-D2
New

United States

aopisa Posted at 2015-9-23 05:51
Or not to fly if your only option is IOS 9 with no recourse to downgrade to 8.4.1?

I tried the instructions to downgrade to 8.4.

I have a brand new Ipad mini 3 that is about 10 days old. I guess I messed up and upgraded it to 9.0. Then I saw this thread. I tried twice to roll it back to 8.4 but the Itunes software didn't give me any opinion to steer the restore path to a copy of 8.4 I downloaded. It won't only let me restore back to 9.0

So I'm grounded until this update for 9.0 comes out. I had flight data on 17 flights I had done but that all got erased when I tried to roll it back. I did notice the video screen went black when the P3P was 500 meters out. Otherwise it works very nicely.
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

R2-D2 Posted at 2015-9-23 08:13
I tried the instructions to downgrade to 8.4.

I have a brand new Ipad mini 3 that is about 10 day ...

Please try the iOS 9.1 public beta if you are unable to downgrade. This has fixed the issues for most users.
2015-9-23
Use props
ateneu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Romania

I updated to OS 9 and i can't use my Ronin app, the DJI Assistant.

When Bluetooth is on the app quits. otherwise is working. So i can't connect to my ronin because i can't turn bluetooth on

waiting for update
2015-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Apple released a new iOS again this morning...

RedHotPoker
2015-9-23
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

OS 9.0.1

This update contains bug fixes including:

•  Fixes an issue where some users could not complete setup assistant after updating
        •  Fixes an issue where sometimes alarms and timers could fail to play
        •  Fixes an issue in Safari and Photos where pausing video could cause the paused frame to appear distorted
        •  Fixes an issue where some users with a custom APN setup via a profile would lose cellular data

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:  
        http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
2015-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I tried the SIM after updating, it works fine.
Checked a couple of my cached flights, but the red arrow is still stuck...  FLiCK OFF!  The light.
Will go for a test soar in a bit, after brunch.

RedHotPoker

2015-9-23
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A good portion of the blame goes to Apple for not making new systems backwards compatible.
2015-9-23
Use props
427racing
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-21 18:46
It's like mirroring... I am not going to mince my words, when some unthinking folks have basically t ...

I'm not pleased with your comments about other posters here on the forum. You are saying that no one should say anything negative? EVEN if they've had what they feel is a negative experience? That boarders on "nuts". We all have different experiences with this hobby and I hope those that "have a gripe" will not be detoured from posting their feelings here. I want to read "all" the experienced not just the glowing experiences. Maybe we can help those that are having a lousy experience. MAYBE DJI is at fault with the iOS9 upgrade. I would, at least, think they would share with us what problems we can expect to encounter. Is that asking too much?

2015-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I don't have to defend my intentions to you, bud. Who the Hell are You any ways? Chuckles
It's not the complaining about legitimate gripes with honest reasons. Ok, but the outright insultive nature of some posts is uncalled for.
That was the part that I griefed out about. I did apologize too. Did you get that far in the thread? ;-) Please keep reading then...

I consider a lot of fine people on this forum as my friends and co conspirators!! Hehe
So You expect @DJI  to explain their business to you.  It's none of your business, until they want you to undertstand the situation.
Besides, you can't handle the truth. Hehehe  So what's your story? Who are you and where are you go coming from?
With so many people, using so many devices, they can't test for every situation, and you know that. Play dumb alright.
If you want Peope to open up and express their feelings, I just did. Again. ;-)
Have a good night, or day, where ever you are, located/situated.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-23
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

So have the 'coders' at DJi told us what these issues are yet? The competition will know before they themselves know. As usual.
2015-9-23
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

Well, it's good that DJI have said there's an issue.
It's bad that they wait until days after IOS 9 has been installed to let us know.
It's bad thay they haven't emailed their customers to tell them there's an issue. I'm sure a lot of flyers don't read the forums.
It's bad that they haven't said what the issues with their app and IOS 9 are. This leaves a feeling of frustration amongst users.
2015-9-24
Use props
paul.webtints
lvl.2

France

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-9-21 18:02
Well that's more of a religious debate but the fact does remain that most DJI customers are probabl ...

It says almost exactly that on the download page. Sales told me that it would work on most Android devices 4.4.1 or higher, and that it would work with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It didn't, it also didn't work on the Galaxy Tab S 8.5 without lots of serious problems.  I updated today to 2.2.0 DJI Go and it was much better but video still very jerky.
2015-9-24
Use props
motiondesigner
New

United States

I have an Inspire 1 with a iPad Mini 2 running iOS 8.4. I updated my I1 to the firmware 1.4.0.10 and upgraded the DJI App to Ver. 2.2.0. Now My Remote doesn't talk to my iPad thru the USB cable. My remote will still give manual commands to the I1 (ie. Sticks down and to the center at the same time to start motors.)  I think there is a serious problem with the DJI App. Everything was working fine until I updated the App.
2015-9-24
Use props
wrose66
lvl.1

United States

Tried to fly my P3P today for first time after upgrading to iOS 9 on iPad Mini 2 and have video that breaks up and/or goes black intermittently.  Has never happened before.  I chatted with Tech Support and they had me delete the DJI Go app, then reinstall.  No luck.  They didn't mention this.   I presume this is the "instability" they are talking about?  Don't know how to downgrade the iPad back to iOS 8.4.
2015-9-24
Use props
PhotoLogic-Sigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909078 ft
  • >>>
United States

mpdigiman Posted at 2015-9-22 01:57
Thank You DJI. Good advice. I found ios 9 a huge step backwards with loss of signal, picture freeze  ...

How DO I actually DOWNGRADE my iPhone 6+ to iOS 8.4.1?
2015-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules