Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SightFlight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909078 ft
  • >>>
United States

mpdigiman Posted at 2015-9-22 01:57
Thank You DJI. Good advice. I found ios 9 a huge step backwards with loss of signal, picture freeze  ...

How does one downgrade to earlier iOS?
2015-9-24
Use props
tnhwyman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

IOS: 9.01 (I'm not an ios man, but it was easier to upgrade than ruin my day trying to figure out how to downgrade an ipad air)
DJI Go App: 2.2.0
Phantom 3 Pro

*** My triangle indicator seened to work well for the 15 or so minutes I was in the air today.09/25/2015: Revised edit of above line. Second time out after wind died down, I noticed while in replay mode, my triangle stayed at the home point instead of following it's flight path. It did however appear to point in the correct direction when replay was submitted.

Video was choppy till I turned back the dial from "6 Mbps" to "4 Mbps".
09/25/2015: Video was choppy at both settings from above statement. However my home point was in a different location than the previous flight.
Nothing to do with any of the above mentioned, but the East Tennessee Hills are a bit windy today.

Healthydrones flight share link

jHatfield
us24ever.org
shepherdsrock.org

2015-9-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

PhotoLogic-Sigh Posted at 2015-9-24 13:17
How DO I actually DOWNGRADE my iPhone 6+ to iOS 8.4.1?

Why not try iOS 9.0.1, which might help your worthy cause. It won't hurt anything to just try it first.
Anyway, @DJI have a major fix on the way, already well in the works and should, hopefully be ready within the next couple or three weeks from now. They have been pretty good about fixing these issues fairly quickly, recently. I see no reason to doubt that record will not hold true now.

What a beautiful fall day it is here today, Sun star shining  bright, incredible blue sky, fluffy white clouds.
Perfect day to be soaring high in the brilliant yonder. . .

Brunch is served.. Chicken and ribs. Steaming bowl of rice, fresh salad and a hot French roll.;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-24
Use props
shorter313
New

Canada

I updated mine iphone 6 and flew without issue
2015-9-24
Use props
wrose66
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-25 05:01
Why not try iOS 9.0.1, which might help your worthy cause. It won't hurt anything to just try it fi ...

I upgraded to iOS 9.0.1 on the iPad Mini 2 and it didn't seem to fix the video blacking out problem.  
2015-9-24
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

SightFlight Posted at 2015-9-24 12:24
How does one downgrade to earlier iOS?

Its now not possible to downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1. Apple allowed it only for few days. Doors are closed now.
2015-9-24
Use props
manu
lvl.1

Belgium

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-9-25 13:50
Its now not possible to downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1. Apple allowed it only for few days. Doors are ...

Downgrade here http://www.phonearena.com/news/H ... o-iOS-8.4.1_id73875
2015-9-25
Use props
SkySurfer
lvl.2

United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-9-24 22:50
Its now not possible to downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1. Apple allowed it only for few days. Doors are ...

NOT TRUE

Apple is STILL signing with 8.4.1 NOT 8.4

A Guide in How to downgrade from ios 9 to ios 8.4.1

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31617-1-1.html

DO IT BEFORE APPLE STOPS SIGNING 8.4.1
2015-9-25
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.2

Spain

I have ipad Mini 4 and I have only iOS 9. I have disconnections and low quality fpv.

I Fix it please!

2015-9-25
Use props
SuperDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14003 ft
United States

Thanks @SkySurfer downgrade was quick and easy on my iPad Mini 2. Time to go fly  =)
2015-9-25
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

So, a week ago I emailed DJI regarding issues with IOS 9. They finally got back to me today with this very helpful response:

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America. We apologize about the delayed response. Currently we are experiencing compatibility issues with the DJI GO App with iOS 9 devices. We are currently working on a fix for this issue so that customer may use their iOS 9 devices with their units. We apologize about this inconvenience as there is currently no ETA for when the fix will happen.
Thank you for choosing DJI.

Nothing more than what I expected from DJI.....

2015-9-25
Use props
427racing
lvl.1

United States

Upgraded to iOS 9 and am flying a P3P with IPad Air II and latest firmware. Did 3 long flights where I actually had to fly via the IPad as I could not see the drone. (boy does that get my adrenaline up)
Everything went exceptionally well. Got great video clips of a local public beach that is over 1 mile long. Over 20 minutes of video to edit.
Get home and read this thread and now I've decided to ground my Phantom till DJi tells us that WHAT the bugs are in the new OS or tells us the new iOS 9.0.1 solves whatever problems there are that exist.
2015-9-25
Use props
zigmono
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11457 ft
United States

Ipad Mini II wifi. Phantom 3P. Did the beta upgrade to IOS beta 9.1. Nothing abnormal while flying, no break up of signal. Flight playback loses the arrow cursor following the path, but shows path and cursor shows direction, but doesn't move along flight path. I can live with that.

--zigs
2015-9-25
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I will not updating my air2 but i updatet my iphone 6+ and is it only me who thinks ios9 made the system much slower and laggy ?
2015-9-25
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Yup....sounds like the biggest gripe is Video Feed..which I have been getting since the iOS9 upgrade...choppy and in and out...
2015-9-25
Use props
bbogert79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1533228 ft
United States

Is this causing fpv issues?  I can't even fly my phantom I keep getting a black video feed every 4-5 seconds with a 2-3 second black out. I'm running ios 9.0.1 on ipad mini 2
2015-9-25
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

There is NO SUCH THING as "downgrading to iOS 8.4.1".  Apple is like DJI...  Once you install an update you cannot go back.  Sorry.
2015-9-25
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

My mistake, I made a wrong statement earlier. I am able to downgrade my iPad Mini 2 to iOS 8.1.4. A happy forum user

Might upgrade later to iOS 9.xx when DJI releases updates.
2015-9-25
Use props
colterk
New

United States

I can not connect my drone to my wifi. is this a result from ios9 or can you still connect but just have bad feed?
2015-9-25
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-9-26 03:20
There is NO SUCH THING as "downgrading to iOS 8.4.1".  Apple is like DJI...  Once you install an upd ...

I'm still on ios 8 BUT it's possible to downgrade to ios 8.4.1 according this link.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/201 ... o-ios-8-from-ios-9/
2015-9-26
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Tim, iOS 9.0.1 is out now... I will be flying my quad tomorrow and report back if this affects the app in any way - though I'm sure the team back at HQ is already onto this - thanks for your continued support!

UPDATE: It seems fine!
2015-9-26
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-26 02:19
Hi Tim, iOS 9.0.1 is out now... I will be flying my quad tomorrow and report back if this affects th ...

Many have tried with iOS 9.01 and have reported issues with choppy videos and screen blanking out for few seconds. Why do you want to take risk? Better downgrade to iOS 8.4.1 from iOS 9.01 and enjoy. I did that yesterday successfully.
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

9.0.1 still has issues. When people say they are not having issues on 9.1, That is 9.1 public beta, not 9.0.1.
2015-9-26
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

bbogert79@gmail Posted at 2015-9-25 19:24
Is this causing fpv issues?  I can't even fly my phantom I keep getting a black video feed every 4-5 ...

Same with me sad but so
2015-9-26
Use props
miquelvernet
lvl.1

Belgium

I have my iPad Air 2 upgraded to 9.01 (I had upgraded to 9 before reading that there were problems).
This afternoon I went for a trial with my P3P near home. I used POI and Waypoints. Both worked correctly.
I did not have any issue: no video or signal lost at any moment, and the maximum distance will have been around 1.000 m.
Regards,
Miquel

2015-9-26
Use props
jeddo
lvl.1

Australia

To dji, please update the NM app as well. My $4000 hexacopter is now out of order until I can find what the error is. The NM app is essential for higher class hexacopters such as mine. Dji should have array updated it like all other apps! Please dji, you are one of the best UAV companies in the world. Please keep on top of things to stay the best!
2015-9-26
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

Oh yea just "DOWNGRADE". Something that Apple does even officially do. Plus what about the iPhone 6S. That never ever even had IOS 8 installed. Please fix this fast
2015-9-26
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

tpallai Posted at 2015-9-26 21:43
Oh yea just "DOWNGRADE". Something that Apple does even officially do. Plus what about the iPhone 6S ...

My guess, devices like 6S and 6S plus may not have issues as they have better processors....they may be OK to work with iOS 9...Its just my guess..
2015-9-26
Use props
jeddo
lvl.1

Australia

Hope that they update the dji naza m assistant
2015-9-27
Use props
William Burrows
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228698 ft
United States

Two (2) to Three (3) weeks tells us Loyal costumers nothing!
You committed to the September 7th update.
How about scheduling a DATE.  Your sending out a very negative signal and smart people know your just buying time, we are not stupid.
Hobby stores are loosing sales, THIS IS INSANE.
I am one of the lucky  people that waited to update to IOS9.
Never leap before you look.
My next step was to upgrade to an Inspire 1.  That is on hold $3,000 ?
2015-9-27
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-9-27 02:39
My guess, devices like 6S and 6S plus may not have issues as they have better processors....they m ...

Nope, issues reported on new devices running IOS 9 too with no option to go back. The ipad mini 4 has a faster processor than the 6S ans 6S Plus and has quite a few lagging, blank screen complaints.
2015-9-27
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

aopisa Posted at 2015-9-27 06:00
Nope, issues reported on new devices running IOS 9 too with no option to go back. The ipad mini 4 h ...

Good point!!

There is an iOS app FPV Camera for Phantom 3. Its claimed on App Store that it works with iOS 9. Has any one tested it? Unfortunately its not free My point here is that if a third party could find the solution for iOS 9, I expect the solution coming soon from DJI too.
2015-9-27
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-9-26 23:39
My guess, devices like 6S and 6S plus may not have issues as they have better processors....they m ...

I had issues before with iSO 9 on iPhone 6.  First flight with iSO 9.01 on iPhone 6s plus, no problems.
2015-9-27
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

yet another great reason for me to upgrade to iphone 6s plus. I'm sure that Apple will fix whatever bug is causing the DJI Go app video to stutter a bit with iOS9. Clearly its an Apple problem, since it worked in their older OS, and Apple broke something in their newer OS. Go Apple! I'll bet in 2-3 weeks iOS9 problems get ironed out. I always wait a couple of months before upgrading to a new OS.
2015-9-27
Use props
JoeWebb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78051 ft
United States

Im a bit concerned about who or what actually changed . Apple releases an update, this causes a stable chunk of code like Dji go, to have significant problems that appear to be comms related? Sounds more like a problem with the new os. I am concerned that Dji "fixes it" and then when Apple fixes the actual problem, we are in trouble again.
2015-9-27
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

I just came back from Apple Store where I bought my iPad mini 3 and ask them to get my unit down to 8.4.1 and there is no way they will support the warranty after. So I change my iPad with the 9.0 update for the same iPad with 8.3 . Will see tomorrow what will change in my case.
I was in production for 3 days. First 2 days no problem with 9.0. The day after I have charge the 3 batteries. Start the RC, start the bird, start the APP......what I see is that I was not able to access the Phantom 3 Advance anymore. Automatically connected to the Pro. No way to scroll the screen to choose the Advance anymore. So I was not able to have a connection with the camera anymore.
Lots of calls and contacts with the DJI service guys and did not find any solution with them. This was for a television show with 30 people working on the set. We were far away from city around and cannot continue the television show. This cost us a lot of money for the team payroll , expenses, trucks, I mean it was a real bad trip.
Hopefully our insurance will cover a part of this failure. We have to buy another Phantom 3 this week to be able to continue. Maybe an Inspire 1 Pro. I am not sure yet what to do. Will see.P.S. The best service team guy over the phone was Nick. All the others seems to do not understand what was my problem and suggest me basic solutions that I already know.
2015-9-27
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Alexcmei Posted at 2015-9-27 14:52
yet another great reason for me to upgrade to iphone 6s plus.  I'm sure that Apple will fix whatev ...

It may be an Apple problem as you state, but it is the app developer's responsibility to keep up with the IOS updates to make sure their apps work when the new update is released. That's why they have access to the betas months before the final release.

Do you think with popular apps like Facebook or You Tube the app developers would not thoroughly test their code? Or instead do you think they just wait to see what happens after the IOS upgrade is released? Do you think if there was suddenly a problem they would just blame it on Apple and wait for Apple to fix it? Apps break all the time with major releases and most responsible developers scramble to fix it within a few days.
2015-9-27
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

ok ok so here it is: I use a iPad air 2 64g on board with a type B RC on a DJI phantom 3 pro .. 64g SanDisk micro card in the camera for a hobby sUAS .. I consider this cutting edge technologies .. so I stay cutting edge .. so I always run the latest updates on all my hobby sUAS`s.. this is my testing equipment / ground .. on the business sUAS`s I stay with 1 upgrade back for some time or until testing is complete to keep stability with all computer and video support equipment .. because I am cutting edge only with DJI`s help I try to help all pilots in here with constructive comments .. that being said I have had 0 FLIGHT issues on the hobby sUAS so I will be upgrading the business sUAS`s tonight for next weeks scheduled work because of the waypoint sand other GREAT features in the latest upgrade .. the log has the only glitch in this upgrade for me the red icon does not move in the flight log on play back.. that is acceptable with the insurance company I use and FAA flight control staff that I work with .. my side note .. we never use children as / for test pilots in the US but we have been known to use dogs and monkeys with good results and some of the comments I have read in this form has proved this to be a smart or more productive choice .. I fly with no worries because of my support team (see Links) .. this post is to help all sUAS pilots.. nothing more nothing less .. just-say-in ...!!! ;-)

insurance Link: https://www.neary-aerial.com/

UAV repair shop / hardware tech Link: http://www.uavrepairshop.com/contact-us.html

2015-9-27
Use props
contact
lvl.3
Flight distance : 211312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-22 14:31
Exactly, you've hit the nail on the head. You must be a long time DJI customer.

Yes I too own a company and am a huge supporter of DJI product line. That being said the most important thing to me is identifying any and all issues and taking care of them as swiftly and safely as possible. DJI has broken new  ground this year and I am glad to be a part of it.   Creating technology that rides the forefront of development is a very hard thing to do and there will be minor problems along the way. I'm sure DJI will get this IOS 9 problem figured out soon.  I do have one question? When will the new functions like POI, Waypoints, Follow Me be available for use on the Matrice 100. Many of my customers here at FlyHighUSA are Matrice 100 owners and are really disappointed that these features are not yet available. Keep up the great work DJI.
2015-9-27
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

aopisa Posted at 2015-9-27 14:54
It may be an Apple problem as you state, but it is the app developer's responsibility to keep up wi ...

However, if the developer of an App cannot make it work because there's a bug in the Apple iOS release, Apple will not stop the iOS release simply because an App does not work properly. Perhaps this is the case for DJI. As a long time developer, I've experienced the case where Operating Systems are released that break good, well designed, applications. the DJI GO application is, under 8.4.1, stable, reliable and predictable. I maintain that iOS 9.0.1 is still buggy and not supporting apps as well as it will, no doubt, soon.

Rushing to upgrade to an iOS release the day its out *risks* that not just the DJI app is unstable, but that  other apps you depend on behave in ways we don't want. The DJI app takes advantage of and maximizes so many sophisticated features - WiFi, Video streaming, interactivity, picture in picture, data bases, internet communications, *all in real-time* - demands on an OS few apps make.

I'd submit, Apple might take advantage of the DJI GO app to test their OS before release!
2015-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules