DJI GO for iOS9
54124 518 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

rolfengelsman Posted at 2015-10-4 13:49
Reading this topic the OP Tim is not answering any questions.

He is on holiday till the 5th. that would be tomorrow.
2015-10-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

rolfengelsman Posted at 2015-10-4 13:49
Reading this topic the OP Tim is not answering any questions.

If I knew the answer I would tell you.
2015-10-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-4 13:58
He is on holiday till the 5th. that would be tomorrow.

Dave, actually that would be our tonight.  They are 14 hours ahead of us.  
2015-10-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-4 14:28
Dave, actually that would be our tonight.  They are 14 hours ahead of us.

Oh yeah.
2015-10-4
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

In defense of both DJI and Apple... I am sure neither company anticipated the issues that some users have reported.  I am sure the DJI engineers have been testing iOS 9 for months now.  But a lot can change prior to release.  Engineers might have tested the app working fine in prior beta versions.  Apple changes things right up until the GM release.  DJI may simply not have had time to test before Apple made changes that caused an issue.

This issue WILL get resolved.  We just have to be patient.  Fortunately I deliberately choose NOT to upgrade my iOS tablet.   I am still running  8.4.1 and it's all working just fine.  Nobody says you HAVE to upgrade your iOS device the minute Apple releases an upgrade.  You can wait & see.  Let this be a lesson for both Android and iOS customers who use the DJI Go app.  Don't be in such a rush to upgrade the OS on the tablets we use to fly with.

If you are using iOS and making regular backups with iTunes... You should be able to wipe your tablet and restore the device back to a previous backup file with 8.4.1.  If you don't backup before installing a major iOS system release...  Well... Nobody can help you.

2015-10-4
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

I updated to 9.02 this morning on my iPad Air 2. Flew this afternoon with no issues. Switched between GO and Autopilot.

FYI: I do have hardware decode on.
2015-10-4
Use props
rmoura
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4017802 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-10-5 07:57
In defense of both DJI and Apple... I am sure neither company anticipated the issues that some users ...

I agree. Software issues after updates are normal in many areas, why not here? When my iPad offered the upgrade I did not accepted and I came to this forum and others to hear something about that. I'm very satisfied to found the warning in this post and now I'm waiting for news to proceed to upgrade, but I still using my iPad for flights w/o problems.
May be a good idea to have this warning in the download page and in the manual for everybody, not only for this time but for future upgrades/updates in the IOS as well as in the Android.
2015-10-4
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131135 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-10-4 16:57
In defense of both DJI and Apple... I am sure neither company anticipated the issues that some users ...

We do not have to defend DJI or Apple. We just need a solution that works for us. Apple gives enough time to developers to test the beta and if we fail to do so in time, then its our inherent lack of planning. If DJI didn't "anticipate" any change, its failure of its QA.  DJI Go is not an app that just runs on a device and is tolerated for its crashes. Its a very critical app and if it crashes during flying, we might lose 1000s of dollars down the drain.

For your information, DJI GO app exhibits the similar issue with iOS 9 BETA. So the argument/ assumption that a lot has changed in Release after BETA is not true.

2015-10-4
Use props
rbaronetphotogr
lvl.2
Canada

Yes you do have some issues, we are loosing track of the phantom, so we do not know what we are recording that is not very good for professional
2015-10-5
Use props
rbaronetphotogr
lvl.2
Canada

RE: DJI GO for iOS9

Yes you do have issues that should be tested before launching. The lost of signal when you are filing is very bad for professionnal.

Robert
2015-10-5
Use props
jllewis5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1763117 ft
United States

I'm glad I found this thread.  I have only had my P3P for about 2 weeks now.  I've updated all of the firmware and obviously have the newest version of the DJI Go app.  Unfotunately, I updated to IOS 9 before I even got the P3P and then I bought the new iPhone 6s Plus which already has iOS 9 on it.  There is no going back for me.  I'm stuck with what I have.  That being said...my experiences range from awesome to scary.  A couple of times while flying around home I have had the screen go black or get very pixelated.  Other times everything has worked perfectly.  My biggest scare came 2 days ago when I woke up to a beautiful sunrise and decided to try and capture it.  I went outside...started everything up...and got the green "ready to fly" indicator and took off...  About a minute into flying (line of sight thank goodness) my app completely disconnected from the P3P.  I have this $1300 aircraft hovering 100 feet in the air and my app is completely disconnected.  I tried to close it and reopen but it didn't recognize the aircraft at all.  Thank goodness I was line of sight and the controller still controlled the aircraft (as I expected it should).  I was able to bring it home safely.   That being said...I was afraid that the Go app was just buggy by nature.  It appears to me now (after reading a lot on here) that my issues are probably at least some of the ones that are related to iOS9 only.  I hope the update comes very soon.  It's October...which means some of the most beautiful scenery in my part of the U.S...and a large part of the reason I bought the P3P now instead of at Christmas.  I have to be honest...I'm with many others on here.  I'm thinking that an update to the app should have been ready with the launch of iOS9.  I know that whenever a new iOS update comes out...I have many app store updates just waiting to download to my devices.  Many times I see iOS compatibility updates BEFORE the new iOS even comes out.  I'm not here to bash DJI.  I'm new to them...but this isn't the best of starts.
2015-10-5
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

My advice to all -- if you are flying before final update from DJI:

1. If you have iOS 8.4.1, no problem go ahead enjoy flying
2. If you have iOS 9.x.x, follow the temp fix stated in my post #199
3. You should be more careful if your device has 16GB storage. Devices with 64GB or greater will pose lower risk.
2015-10-5
Use props
info.openmind-i
New
Flight distance : 77851 ft
Germany

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-3 16:33
You are seeing the same problems what others reported with old devices like iPad Mini 2. I believe ...

Thanks for the info!!
Cheers
Charles
2015-10-5
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

DJI,

I am looking to buy my advanced Phantom but I am waiting for you to release the app for IOS 9. Any dates for that?

Thanks,
2015-10-5
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

rbaronetphotogr Posted at 2015-10-5 07:50
Yes you do have some issues, we are loosing track of the phantom, so we do not know what we are reco ...

The Phantom is NOT a professional product it is a HOBBY toy.
2015-10-5
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

rbaronetphotogr Posted at 2015-10-5 07:52
Yes you do have issues that should be tested before launching. The lost of signal when you are filin ...

The Phantom is NOT a professional drone.  It is a HOBBY toy.
2015-10-5
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-4 20:54
We do not have to defend DJI or Apple. We just need a solution that works for us. Apple gives enoug ...

Agreed.  Only 1 problem... The only real solution for those who had the "knee jerk" reaction to upgrade to iOS 9 without waiting to see if DJI GO was compatible... is to WAIT for the DJI solution.

Or downgrade to iOS 8.4 if they were smart enough to BACK UP before the upgrade.
2015-10-5
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-10-5 16:52
Agreed.  Only 1 problem... The only real solution for those who had the "knee jerk" reaction to up ...

We can't force people not to upgrade to the latest iOS. Even my son had upgraded my iPad mini and I had to jump to downgrade in a few days time. I know all techies upgrade immediately. With the stats I have, over 50% iOS users had upgraded to iOS 9 in less than 15 days of release. Last year trend was the same. Apple creates a great hype in the market for new releases and new devices. If Apple is bound to release totally new SW, DJI at least ensure that the features that make flying reliable are tested religiously and fixes released promptly. No one cares if minor features are broken as far as flying is still reliable.         

One more point: Phantom 3 is a great product and its image should be maintained. Someone from DJI should have given the progress on the fixes. Every weekend I go out for flying and look for any feedback. I keep quite but others may not and raise concerns.

Side note: I use my iPad mini just for running DJI GO.  I have no emails, messages, chats or notifications enabled on this device. I kept it clean to have fun during flying my aircraft.

2015-10-5
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-5 17:35
We can't force people not to upgrade to the latest iOS. Even my son had upgraded my iPad mini and I ...

We can't force anyone to do anything.  But we CAN advise holding off for "knee jerk" upgrades on devices we use to fly our DJI Phantom 3 quads.  At least until we hear the "all clear" from DJI.  

In this case the timeline was not sufficient from the DJI 1.4.0 release to iOS 9 for an evaluation.  Its was unfortunate timing of the releases.  But it happened.  Those who were  too quick to update got schooled on the risks of updating IOS before DJI has time to test & verify.

2015-10-5
Use props
fvnaguib
lvl.3
United States

Dji go app 2.3 is released for ios 9 let see if they fixed everything . Thanks DJI.
2015-10-5
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

My suggestions:

1. If you have iOS 8.4.1 , don't download the latest DJI GO. Wait and watch. Keep flying.
2. If you have iOS 9.already, download the latest DJI GO and try and let us know.
2015-10-5
Use props
bharkup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10425610 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Test flew this afternoon, went 2km from home point. No glitches or problems that I could see. 100% happy with it all
2015-10-6
Use props
bharkup
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

iPad air2, inspire1 1.4, ios9.1, dji go 2.3
2015-10-6
Use props
bharkup
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

iOS 9.0.2 actually
2015-10-6
Use props
joaodourado
New

Brazil

I cant change the language to english... Help me!
2015-10-6
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-10-5 22:42
We can't force anyone to do anything.  But we CAN advise holding off for "knee jerk" upgrades on de ...

Of course if you just purchased a Phantom and your tablet/phone was too old to be compatible. In which case your new iPad/iPhone comes pre-installed with IOS9. Then you re dead in the water from the start.

No rushing to upgrade since it was already done for you.
I am hoping the new 2.3 works. Fingers crossed.
2015-10-6
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

DJI 2.3.0 seems to be a great build from DJI. Please give us your flying experience. Don't forget to provide additional info such as iOS device used and it's storage capacity. Also what did you see new in this build?
2015-10-6
Use props
Alexcmei
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2.3 for Ios is out. 9.0.2 is much better. so far, looking really good.
2015-10-6
Use props
R2-D2
New

United States

wrose66 Posted at 2015-9-25 02:18
Tried to fly my P3P today for first time after upgrading to iOS 9 on iPad Mini 2 and have video that ...

I was able to downgrade to 8.4 I just didn't know the exact process at the time.

1. Download 8.4 for your device.
2. Plug in device to itunes and go to your summary tab and you'll see where the restore screen is.
3. Hold down the SHIFT Key (for PCs) and then it lets you navigate to your 8.4 software you downloaded for the backup to the older software.

I won't upgrade to 9.02 until I see lots of posts that its working.
2015-10-6
Use props
stubbsnick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4847927 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought the ipad mini 4 with IOS9 and had some blackouts where I lost video connection and possibly some footage is corrupt. Hope this gets sorted soon...
2015-10-6
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

b

iPad Mini 4, Wi Fi + Cellular 16Gig
iOS 9.0
No issues here so far.
I will test again tomorrow with iOS updated to 9.02
2015-10-6
Use props
GaryUSC1995
New

United States

This is serious and material; we'll now we have update our maintenance log that this issue exists. For those with FAA Title 333 Exemption (as with relying on an iOS device that had iOS 9 pre-installed), are you recommending we ground ourselves until this issue is resolved? The last thing we need is the FAA to get involved should a registered flight go awry. My livelihood is compromised as a result... at what point can we expect a resolve?
2015-10-6
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-10-5 01:57

Well its not possible to revert back to 8.4.1 simply because you have a  old backup, Apple needs to still sign the old IOS 8.4.1 for one to be able to revert back to that older IOS.
Unfortunately Apple is not signing 8.4.1 anymore so its not possible to go back from IOS 9.
I think signing stopped September 30.

And the thing about it being optional to upgrade to IOS 9 and that its possible to wait is not an option for everyone.
People seem to forget that some people have bought their Apple units with IOS 9, for example that was my case and if i had the chance to revert back my ipad mini 2 IOS to 8.4.1 i would have done that, but unfortunately i bought it after September 30.
2015-10-6
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

GaryUSC1995 Posted at 2015-10-7 07:47
This is serious and material; we'll now we have update our maintenance log that this issue exists. F ...

???????

New release is out, try and see if it works for you.

2015-10-6
Use props
The Phantom 2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-10-5 01:57

Well its not possible to revert back to 8.4.1 simply because you have a  old backup, Apple needs to still sign the old IOS 8.4.1 for one to be able to revert back to that older IOS.
Unfortunately Apple is not signing 8.4.1 anymore so its not possible to go back from IOS 9.
I think signing stopped September 30.

And the thing about it being optional to upgrade to IOS 9 and that its possible to wait is not an option for everyone.
People seem to forget that some people have bought their Apple units with IOS 9, for example that was my case and if i had the chance to revert back my ipad mini 2 IOS to 8.4.1 i would have done that, but unfortunately i bought it after September 30.
2015-10-6
Use props
jllewis5
lvl.1
United States

Downloaded DJI GO 2.3.0... iOS 2.0.2 is on my new iPhone 6s Plus.  Go app crashed 60 seconds into my flight...said disconnected.  I closed and reopened while my P3P hovered over my head and the app was unable to reconnect.  I had to land and turn everything off and start it all back up before I could get the p3p and the go app to connect to each other again.  Sorry...but my experience is...the new update did not fix the problem...at least my major problem.  I can't have my app crashing in the middle of a flight.
2015-10-7
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

jllewis5 Posted at 2015-10-7 03:24
Downloaded DJI GO 2.2.0... iOS 2.0.2 is on my new iPhone 6s Plus.  Go app crashed 60 seconds into my ...

DJI Go 2.2.0 is not the latest. Is this typo?

What's the storage left on your device?
2015-10-7
Use props
jllewis5
lvl.1
United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-7 07:49
DJI Go 2.2.0 is not the latest. Is this typo?

What's the storage left on your device?

Ahh yes!  It was a typo, sorry.  It's 2.3.0...the latest that was downloaded either late on Oct. 5th or early Oct. 6th.  I'm not sure...it was updated automatically.  I have a 32 GB card in it that was empty at the time.
2015-10-7
Use props
alokbhargava
lvl.2
United States

What's the storage capacity of your iPhone 6S?
2015-10-7
Use props
jllewis5
lvl.1
United States

alokbhargava Posted at 2015-10-7 10:11
What's the storage capacity of your iPhone 6S?

64GB with 24 available
2015-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules