Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video LAG and Google Play Services - open letter to DJI
3076 14 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Dear DJI,

Please fix DJI Go app. DJI app have problem with CPU overload since june 2015. We are waiting four months for a solution.
Most of android devices, both supported like a Nexus 7 and unsupported but powerful as nvidia shield 2 are almost unusable. Android users are over 50% of Your clients. We are not a niche.

We, Your community, developed a workaround - a downgrade of Google Play Services to an older version (for example 5.x.x.x) is resolving a problem.
Latest version of Google Play Services is causing a tablet CPU overload 30% larger than normal and this causes video lag and DJI GO app crashing.
However, not everyone can downgrade Google Play Services, because devices with Lollipop have a newer version and downgrade have no effect.

The problem is connected not only with Phantom 3, but it affecting all your current platforms.

Phantom 3
http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-1-1.html

Inspire 1
http://forum.dji.com/thread-23026-1-1.html

And matrice 100 and lightbridge 2 can be also affected.
Video lag and cpu overload caused by Google Play Services are unacceptable in a proffesional use.

Alternative app - Litchi - have no video lag and there is video hardware decoding option - it is very helpfull and reduces cpu load (however DJI Go is still more stable for me).

DJI, i appeal to You - you made good product, but your app DJI GO still need this fix!

2015-9-21
Use props
musman1978
lvl.3

Poland

fully agree!,
this is not rocket science.
2015-9-21
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

Thanks Kyokushin !
2015-9-21
Use props
supercharged007
New

United States

Yes, please fix!
2015-9-21
Use props
sns
lvl.2

United States

Please fix!
2015-9-22
Use props
leydon.chris
New

United States

Please fix . More advanced users like androids better! Take a little iOS funding to your Android development team please!
2015-9-22
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

Yes You need to Fix it!!!  More time is passed from. The issue still present.
2015-9-22
Use props
michael.katsani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32457 ft
Greece

Yes please!!

2015-9-22
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

I tested with new 2.2.0 app, 1.4.10 fw and 8.1.15 google play services (latest).
FPV is fluent, cpu usage normal, problem seems to be solved.

My mission is complete. DJI GO app works perfectly. Now i can sleep ;)
2015-9-22
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-22 16:32
I tested with new 2.2.0 app, 1.4.10 fw and 8.1.15 google play services (latest).
FPV is fluent, cpu  ...

hey thanks for testing - it would be great!! i will test it tomorrow on the airfield. i can say that the maps (flightlogs/flightrecords) are displayed much faster now!

greeting, Uwe
2015-9-22
Use props
Wholly
lvl.1

United States

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-9-22 12:26
hey thanks for testing - it would be great!! i will test it tomorrow on the airfield. i can say tha ...

Flightlog performance before 2.2.0 was really weird.  New version is wicked quick.  Although I still seem to fly in "Map Loading".  I still don't know for sure where that town is, but it seems to be everywhere.

Actually, I haven't flown since that update, has that been fixed as well?
2015-9-22
Use props
mikatsan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32457 ft
Greece

I haven't tried flying yet, but i took some video and photos indoors and downloaded to tablet (Lenovo S8-50) via Dji Go. After downloading, Dji Go crashed and NEVER restarted! (keep crashing). I restarted after deleting the video/photo with File Manager from Dji folder
2015-9-23
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

Hi Android pilots! Iam back from the airfield and after 4 batteries i must say the new app & firmware rocks (2.2.0 app, 1.4.10 fw)! Deinstallation of the google play service updates is not necessary. After half an year frustrations - now iam  really happy!!!
Thank you DJI! Tested on Samsung Galaxy TAB S8.4

Greets, Uwe

Autumn mood in Sputendorf near Berlin/Germany

Autumn mood in Sputendorf near Berlin/Germany
2015-9-23
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

I need to admit - i am impressed - fpv works perfectly fluent even on my old galaxy s3.
2015-9-26
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.3
Italy

ugranzow@web.de Posted at 2015-9-23 19:47
Hi Android pilots! Iam back from the airfield and after 4 batteries i must say the new app & firmwar ...

Hi, I can't still get smooth fpv video with my Galaxy TAB S 8.4 (Sm-705). DJI GO app 2.8.1 and  Firmware v1.8.80. I own an advanced version.
I tried installing Cyanogenmod too with a little improvement but still no smooth video. My controller il GL-300A

Someone can get good video with same hardware?

Thank you very much!
2016-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules