SOLVED - Problems with DJI Fly 1.14.1
1352 13 9-9 01:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adwuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 588707 ft
United Kingdom

Just upgraded to DJI Fly app 1.14.1 with a Mini 2 and am having nothing but problems - Phone in use is a Samsung A51 running Android 13 - same phone as I have been using since I bought the DJI Mini 2, and has always worked.

Anyway the symptoms are:
1) install the new app version, and start it up - connects to the drone fine and can see the video stream on the phone display
2) close the app
3) start the app again, with the drone turned off - the app starts correctly and I can view my profile etc.
4) turn on the drone - the app detects the drone is on and connects - I get a black screen (with the video overlay) and no view from the drone camera. The DJI Fly app will then crash and restart and try the whole thing again.
5) uninstall the app, clear the cache, and go back to step 1. All very repeatable.

I have tried re-installing, clearing the application cache - nothing is making this version of the app more stable, i.e. being able to run more  than once.

Next step is to downgrade to 1.13.10.

Edit: I have done fresh installs of 1.13.10, 1.13.9 and 1.12.8 and they all crash - this is after clearing the cache before installation - so at least the latest version starts, but the bad news is that I now have an unusable drone. Very disappointing.

Edit #2: Just had a chat with Sharvin from DJI support, and been provided with a later version of 1.13.10 which runs fine. It seems that this is a problem that they are aware of and I was told that there would be a fix to 1.14.x to address it
9-9 01:20
Use props
fans44af173b
lvl.1

Spain

Hi! I had the same issue you describe with a brand new mini 3. I've managed to find the bug on the 1.14.1 version which causes the app to crash when attempting to start video stream. The troublemaker is the Histogram being enabled! If you keep the histogram disabled, there will be no crashes when starting the video stream. However, as soon as you enable the histogram, for the first flight it will work just fine, but any further attempt to connect the whole thing all over again will result in the app crashing when trying to obtain video stream. I've tested the issue tenths of times with 100% consistency.  
If you are already experiencing the issue, you will be unable to deactivate the histogram (app will crash before being able to reach the settings tab), so you will be stuck in a loop. Just delete all app data through your android app menu (not only cache, all data must be erased), and then you will be able to lauch the app (you'll have to log in again) and get a solid connection with your drone, as long as you don't enable histogram ever again.

9-9 09:01
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble caused. May I confirm if you're still encountering the issue?

Also, we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team for review. We're always striving to make things better and better, so please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. 

Thank you so much for your understanding and support!
9-9 23:05
Use props
adwuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans44af173b Posted at 9-9 09:01
Hi! I had the same issue you describe with a brand new mini 3. I've managed to find the bug on the 1.14.1 version which causes the app to crash when attempting to start video stream. The troublemaker is the Histogram being enabled! If you keep the histogram disabled, there will be no crashes when starting the video stream. However, as soon as you enable the histogram, for the first flight it will work just fine, but any further attempt to connect the whole thing all over again will result in the app crashing when trying to obtain video stream. I've tested the issue tenths of times with 100% consistency.  
If you are already experiencing the issue, you will be unable to deactivate the histogram (app will crash before being able to reach the settings tab), so you will be stuck in a loop. Just delete all app data through your android app menu (not only cache, all data must be erased), and then you will be able to lauch the app (you'll have to log in again) and get a solid connection with your drone, as long as you don't enable histogram ever again.

Thanks - yes I figured that it would be something like that. When I started the Fly app I always enable the histogram and grid lines. Got to be honest that I will stick with the 1.13 version as I use the histogram to ensure correct exposure, so working without it is not really an option for me. Sounds like DJI are going to address it in any case.
9-10 02:32
Use props
adwuk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-9 23:05
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble caused. May I confirm if you're still encountering the issue?

Also, we'll make sure to pass it on to the right team for review. We're always striving to make things better and better, so please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. 

I have been given a link to downgrade the DJI Fly app to an older version. So yes the problem is still there with 1.14.1, and has been identified as an issue displaying the histogram. Sounds like something that DJI should be looking to fix in the next software release.
9-10 02:34
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adwuk Posted at 9-10 02:34
I have been given a link to downgrade the DJI Fly app to an older version. So yes the problem is still there with 1.14.1, and has been identified as an issue displaying the histogram. Sounds like something that DJI should be looking to fix in the next software release.

Hi there, thank you for your above response and we do truly understand your concern. Your valuable feedback will be promptly forwarded to the relevant team for a thorough evaluation. We would like to assure you that we are committed to providing the best user experience.

Thank you for your continued support.
9-10 03:25
Use props
fans44af173b
lvl.1

Spain

adwuk Posted at 9-10 02:34

Hi! Any chance to get that link to downgrade to 1.13 so that I can also fly with the histogram enabled?

Thanks!
9-10 08:25
Use props
Philippe - France
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27106 ft
France

fans44af173b Posted at 9-9 09:01
Hi! I had the same issue you describe with a brand new mini 3. I've managed to find the bug on the 1.14.1 version which causes the app to crash when attempting to start video stream. The troublemaker is the Histogram being enabled! If you keep the histogram disabled, there will be no crashes when starting the video stream. However, as soon as you enable the histogram, for the first flight it will work just fine, but any further attempt to connect the whole thing all over again will result in the app crashing when trying to obtain video stream. I've tested the issue tenths of times with 100% consistency.  
If you are already experiencing the issue, you will be unable to deactivate the histogram (app will crash before being able to reach the settings tab), so you will be stuck in a loop. Just delete all app data through your android app menu (not only cache, all data must be erased), and then you will be able to lauch the app (you'll have to log in again) and get a solid connection with your drone, as long as you don't enable histogram ever again.

exactement le même problème avec mon DJI mini 3
9-11 10:23
Use props
Philippe - France
lvl.2
France

fans44af173b Posted at 9-10 08:25
Hi! Any chance to get that link to downgrade to 1.13 so that I can also fly with the histogram enabled?

Thanks!

Sur Android, l’apk de la version 1.13.10 se trouve dans Fichiers / Telechargements de son smartphone
9-11 10:28
Use props
Philippe - France
lvl.2
France

C'est confirmé : DJI Fly version 1.14.1 fonctionne correctement à condition de ne jamais activer l’affichage de l’histogramme qui se trouve dans l’onglet Caméra.
Après cela, il suffit d’attendre qu’une nouvelle version 1.14.x soit proposée pour que ce bug soit corrigé.
Si l’on a activé l’affichage de l’histogramme, il suffit de désinstaller l’application, puis de récupérer l’apk qui avait été téléchargé pour réinstaller DJI Fly 1.14.1
240912_091958.jpg
9-11 23:40
Use props
djiuser_Tmc1dcI82MRD
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-10 03:25
Hi there, thank you for your above response and we do truly understand your concern. Your valuable feedback will be promptly forwarded to the relevant team for a thorough evaluation. We would like to assure you that we are committed to providing the best user experience.

Thank you for your continued support.

hoi is het probleem met de histogram aan opgelost in versie 1.14.2 in de fly app
9-15 08:43
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Tmc1dcI82MRD Posted at 9-15 08:43
hoi is het probleem met de histogram aan opgelost in versie 1.14.2 in de fly app

Hi there, thank you for the update and we're glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Do not hesitate to contact us if there's any further inquiry.

Thank you for your continued support!
9-17 00:25
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-17 00:25
Hi there, thank you for the update and we're glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Do not hesitate to contact us if there's any further inquiry.

Thank you for your continued support!

Is build 1.14.2 fully compatible with iOS 18 on the iPad Mini 6?
Thanks for the info.
9-17 08:06
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Pinarek Posted at 9-17 08:06
Is build 1.14.2 fully compatible with iOS 18 on the iPad Mini 6?
Thanks for the info.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Your device iPad Mini 6 is not listed as a Supported Mobile Device on DJI Official Website. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing.

Thank you for your understanding.
9-18 01:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules