4080 71 9-9 18:20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

So I have the smart app on my phone and the neo

I run the dji fly app and it asks if I want to join network DJI NE bc80"

I say yes and I'm connected to the neo . Then the app tells me to activate and when I say ok, it tells me I have no wifi connection.

When i change my settings on my phone to connect o wifi then the dji app says I'm no longer connected to neo and an aircraft connection is needed to active,

HELP.

thanks
9-9 18:20
Use props
eldawido
lvl.1

Poland

You should use phone with second internet access like mobile data plan. The wifi will be needed for connection with drone.
9-9 21:00
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eldawido Posted at 9-9 21:00
You should use phone with second internet access like mobile data plan. The wifi will be needed for connection with drone.

Now that certainly seem to be logical
9-9 21:06
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, sorry for any issue you encountered. May I know the mobile device you are using with the drone? Please keep the cell service on during activation. If you are using an Android device, please switch off the WLAN+/Wi-Fi Assistant and try again. Please keep us updated if it does not work. Thank you.
9-9 22:53
Use props
Rogerq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74222 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, I had problems with that. We have no mobile signal at home and I have to use wifi calling and data which made activation impossible there!
9-10 02:27
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

I do not have cell service only wifi
9-10 04:30
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-9 22:53
Hi there, sorry for any issue you encountered. May I know the mobile device you are using with the drone? Please keep the cell service on during activation. If you are using an Android device, please switch off the WLAN+/Wi-Fi Assistant and try again. Please keep us updated if it does not work. Thank you.

i have iphone 11. i do not have cell service ONLY WIFI
9-10 04:30
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-9 21:06
Now that certainly seem to be logical

i dont have a data plan. when i bought the drone it did not say a data plan was need to activate it.
9-10 04:44
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 15154498 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 9-10 04:44
i dont have a data plan. when i bought the drone it did not say a data plan was need to activate it.

No its kind of assumed that you have that unfourtunantely. But that seems to be your problem here.
Ask someone who has a data plan and can install the Fly app so you can activate the drone. We want to see you in the air soon!
9-10 05:34
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

Swedrone Posted at 9-10 05:34
No its kind of assumed that you have that unfourtunantely. But that seems to be your problem here.
Ask someone who has a data plan and can install the Fly app so you can activate the drone. We want to see you in the air soon!

Its assumed I have a cellular data plan? are fucking kidding. And a company as large as DJI does NOT SAY THAT ON THE BOX?
I have the og mp 1 since 2017 and no issues.
9-10 05:40
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 9-10 05:40
Its assumed I have a cellular data plan? are fucking kidding. And a company as large as DJI does NOT SAY THAT ON THE BOX?

Im trying to help here but Im sure that after you rant here DJI the BIG CORP will put stickers on all their boxes warning potential byers they Nneed a DATA PLAN to activate their product. BTW did you try connecting it with the cable to your computer and use DJI Assistant to activate?
9-10 06:09
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

Swedrone Posted at 9-10 06:09
Im trying to help here but Im sure that after you rant here DJI the BIG CORP will put stickers on all their boxes warning potential byers they Nneed a DATA PLAN to activate their product. BTW did you try connecting it with the cable to your computer and use DJI Assistant to activate?

i do asppreciate it...but dji is losing customers. I tried the direct pc connection and no luck. thanks.

im sending it back today. Too much time wasted on what should be a simple thing.

i even tried using an android phone but the dji app is noteven available on google play..and when i got it from the dji app the location ability of the app refused to work despite turning on all location permissions.

thx
9-10 07:24
Use props
djiuser_6gkjVJRBk5Tu
lvl.1

Portugal

My friend the neo is my first drone , and activated fast in my first use .  i am very happy with neo.
9-10 07:43
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 9-10 07:24
i do asppreciate it...but dji is losing customers. I tried the direct pc connection and no luck. thanks.

im sending it back today. Too much time wasted on what should be a simple thing.

DJI is losing very few customers because of this.  Most people purchasing a drone have a cell phone with data service.  Priorities...

As mentioned, ask a friend with a cell phone with data to install Fly so you can activate the drone.  They can delete Fly once this has been accomplished.  Alternatively, if you have access to a DJI RC 2, RC-N2, RC-N3, or the Goggles 3, you can connect one of those to your WiFi, allow it to connect to the Neo via Occusync, then you'll be able to activate the drone.
9-10 08:47
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its assumed I have a cellular data plan? are fucking kidding. And a company as large as DJI does NOT SAY THAT ON THE BOX?

Well most people will be thinking what sort of person has a mobile phone with no data Plan. Check the date it is 2024 you know. Ranting and swearing is going to get you no help and nor should it
9-10 09:04
Use props
danielock
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-9 22:53
Hi there, sorry for any issue you encountered. May I know the mobile device you are using with the drone? Please keep the cell service on during activation. If you are using an Android device, please switch off the WLAN+/Wi-Fi Assistant and try again. Please keep us updated if it does not work. Thank you.

He might also be able to connect his phone to a computer (usb) and that might (turn wifi off) send internet over the usb cable to the phone. If that works (phone can browser the web even if wifi is off). Connect wifi to the drone.

Just a idea,

Daniel.
9-10 09:21
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-10 09:04
Well most people will be thinking what sort of person has a mobile phone with no data Plan. Check the date it is 2024 you know. Ranting and swearing is going to get you no help and nor should it

Well maybe he lives in the outbacks of Alaska whith no cell coverage or any neghbors for miles and miles?  Anyhow I had my struggles activating yesterday. It was after that and the firmware update that it was possible to pair it. And of course the goggles update which introduced Neo in the list of switchable drones..
9-10 09:23
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-10 08:47
DJI is losing very few customers because of this.  Most people purchasing a drone have a cell phone with data service.  Priorities...

As mentioned, ask a friend with a cell phone with data to install Fly so you can activate the drone.  They can delete Fly once this has been accomplished.  Alternatively, if you have access to a DJI RC 2, RC-N2, RC-N3, or the Goggles 3, you can connect one of those to your WiFi, allow it to connect to the Neo via Occusync, then you'll be able to activate the drone.

Actually my problem is actually a major issue among other DJi products...seems like dji engineer on the software / app side are morons.

9-10 09:59
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 9-10 09:59
Actually my problem is actually a major issue among other DJi products...seems like dji engineer on the software / app side are morons.

https://youtu.be/KjubPVkphNg?t=201

Try looking in the other direction
9-10 11:27
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5441109 ft
Germany

Its assumed I have a cellular data plan? are fucking kidding. And a company as large as DJI does NOT SAY THAT ON THE BOX?

I still wait for the first who claims that DJI did not mention on the box that you need electricity at home for charging the batteries...
9-10 13:51
Use props
fans2e2a5b0a
lvl.2
Canada

=DUH= Posted at 9-10 13:51
I still wait for the first who claims that DJI did not mention on the box that you need electricity at home for charging the batteries...

you sound like a democrat. they usually say stupid things like that.
I live in an area where wifi is actually free. My cell plan is dirt cheap if it does not include data (double the price actually). Surely a self absorbed donkey like yourself can see the distinction between a simple financial benefit with virtually no downside (choice) vs the comparison of not having electricity (necessity) .

Right? You can see that, eh? This is the problem with social interaction online - it brings out the ret@rds with their self centered view of life. Back when I began on the internet in the early 90s when you asked a question no one lectured or made judgemental  comments.  Thank you for reminding me the future generation is screwed.
9-10 18:41
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 9-10 18:41
I live in an area where wifi is actually free. My cell plan is dirt cheap if it does not include data (double the price actually). Surely a self absorbed donkey like yourself can see the distinction between a simple financial benefit with virtually no downside (choice) vs the comparison of not having electricity (necessity) .

You are right about one thing, It certainly brings then out and that is you.

Not having a Data Plan in 2024 is unbelievable. The title of your thread is very Apt. You are indeed what you feel
9-10 20:15
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.4
Germany

fans2e2a5b0a Posted at 9-10 18:41

pure entertainment
9-11 06:13
Use props
Rounin
lvl.1

Australia

Actually I'm having the same problem. Mobile data on or off and just about every other combination of phone settings on Android 12 and still no simultaneous connection. Neo connected, no internet. Internet connected, no drone connection. Can you activate using the consumer drone Assistant 2? There must be some sort of work around. It would be good if you could connect to the drone with bluetooth. So far 3 days and just a piece of plastic with a flashing light.Own:
RSC2
Action 4
Pocket 3
Mini 3 Pro
Phantom 2
9-11 15:57
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rounin Posted at 9-11 15:57
Actually I'm having the same problem. Mobile data on or off and just about every other combination of phone settings on Android 12 and still no simultaneous connection. Neo connected, no internet. Internet connected, no drone connection. Can you activate using the consumer drone Assistant 2? There must be some sort of work around. It would be good if you could connect to the drone with bluetooth. So far 3 days and just a piece of plastic with a flashing light.Own:
RSC2
Action 4

What phone are you using
9-11 16:36
Use props
Rounin
lvl.1

Australia

Samsung Note 9 - Android 10
Doogee v20 Pro - Android 12
Are these unusable?
9-11 16:48
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rounin Posted at 9-11 16:48
Are these unusable?

Others will have to advise on those I am a Iphone person
9-12 00:30
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.4
Germany

Actually I'm having the same problem. Mobile data on or off and just about every other combination of phone settings on Android 12 and still no simultaneous connection. Neo connected, no internet. Internet connected, no drone connection. Can you activate using the consumer drone Assistant 2? There must be some sort of work around. It would be good if you could connect to the drone with bluetooth. So far 3 days and just a piece of plastic with a flashing light.Own:
RSC2
Action 4

yes, you can use Assistant 2 for activation.

you could also try to limit QuickTransfer Bandwidth to 2.4Ghz for activation, after that you can switch back. Go to Profile, Setting, QuickTransfer.
Whats happens exactly when you're connected to Neo? Can you still open a website via mobile?
9-12 04:39
Use props
Pitriss
lvl.1

Canada

i have the same problem plz HELP
Edit: NVM as it was said at the top you must have a cellphone with mobile data cause somehow when you try to activate Neo it kick you out of your wifi connection.
9-12 13:34
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 632428 ft
United States

Just ordered the Neo. My usual bit clueless state. Didn't realize until reading this thread there is no hardwire connection needed to activate and update firmware. Correct or wrong impression? With the Avata2 to activate and update firmware we needed to connect the smartphone to the Goggles3 with the supplied USB-C OTG cable. Open up the DJI Fly App. and then proceed. Would that process work with the Neo?  Might be an option for those without a mobile data plan but owning the Goggle3?

Activation makes sense for warranty issues.  Maybe a hinderance to reduce the blackmarket, stolen,....
9-12 13:35
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.4
Germany

Pitriss Posted at 9-12 13:34

do you have a PC so you can use DJI Assistant 2 for activation?
9-12 13:43
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.4
Germany

OldGuy2024 Posted at 9-12 13:35
Just ordered the Neo. My usual bit clueless state. Didn't realize until reading this thread there is no hardwire connection needed to activate and update firmware. Correct or wrong impression? With the Avata2 to activate and update firmware we needed to connect the smartphone to the Goggles3 with the supplied USB-C OTG cable. Open up the DJI Fly App. and then proceed. Would that process work with the Neo?  Might be an option for those without a mobile data plan but owning the Goggle3?

Activation makes sense for warranty issues.  Maybe a hinderance to reduce the blackmarket, stolen,....

I already answered this in your other thread, yes, you can connect from your mobile to Neo via Wifi and activate, also update firmware
9-12 13:45
Use props
Rounin
lvl.1

Australia

I managed to update the firmware and flyzones with Assistant 2.1.28 but for the life of me I can't find a way to activate. If anyone has some info on this it would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried the QuickTransferBand to Fixed 2.4GHz bandwith but no success.
9-12 16:28
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.4
Germany

Have already asked you:
Can you connect to Neo via Wifi from DJI Fly App?
Whats happens exactly when you're connected to Neo? Normally you will get a popup that asks you to activate.
Can you still open a website via mobile phone while you are connected to Neo?
9-12 18:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

OldGuy2024 Posted at 9-12 13:35

Hi there,

Thank You for reaching out. There are 2 types  update methods please refer to the steps below;

It is able to update the firmware of DJI Neo via DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).

Using DJI Fly:
1. Enable Wi-Fi on the smartphone.
2. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the internet. Open DJI Fly.
3. A prompt will appear in DJI Fly when a firmware update is available. Tap the prompt and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Tap to download, and wait until DJI Neo is updated to the latest firmware version. During an update, please do not power off DJI Neo or exit the DJI Fly app.
5. During the update process, it is normal if DJI Neo restarts.
6. After the update is completed, DJI Neo will be automatically powered off. Restart it manually.

Using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
1. Power on the device. Connect the USB-C port of the device to the computer using the USB-C cable.
2. Launch DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and log in with your DJI account.
3. Select the device and click Firmware Update on the left side of the screen.
4. Select and confirm the firmware version.
5. The firmware will be downloaded and updated automatically.
6. The device restarts itself after the firmware update is complete.

I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
9-12 22:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rounin Posted at 9-11 16:48
Are these unusable?

Hi there,

Thank You for reaching out. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Unfortunately, stated device are not compatible with DJI Fly app. For compatible device you can check here; DJI Fly - Compatible Models

Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
9-12 23:46
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Actually I'm having the same problem. Mobile data on or off and just about every other combination of phone settings on Android 12 and still no simultaneous connection. Neo connected, no internet. Internet connected, no drone connection. Can you activate using the consumer drone Assistant 2? There must be some sort of work around. It would be good if you could connect to the drone with bluetooth. So far 3 days and just a piece of plastic with a flashing light.Own:
RSC2
Action 4

Hi there,

Thank You for reaching out. There are 2 methods to activate please refer to the steps below;

The DJI Fly app is required for activating DJI Neo. Note that an internet connection is required for activation. Different product combos have different activation methods.

Activating without using remote controller
1. Enable Wi-Fi on the smartphone.
2. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the internet. Open DJI Fly, then register or log in to your DJI account.
3. Press, then press and hold the power button for two seconds to power on DJI Neo.
4. Tap Connection Guide on the bottom right corner of the DJI Fly app, select DJI Neo, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete connection and activation.

Activating using remote controller
1. Connect DJI RC-N3 to your smartphone.
2. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the internet. Open DJI Fly, then register or log in to your DJI account.
3. Press, then press and hold the power button for two seconds to power on DJI Neo.
4. Tap Connection Guide on the bottom right corner of the DJI Fly app, select DJI Neo, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete connection and activation.

* It is not able to activate DJI Neo in DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).

I hope this information has helped to clarify your inquiries. If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
9-12 23:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Rounin Posted at 9-12 16:28
I managed to update the firmware and flyzones with Assistant 2.1.28 but for the life of me I can't find a way to activate. If anyone has some info on this it would be greatly appreciated.
I have tried the QuickTransferBand to Fixed 2.4GHz bandwith but no success.

Hi there,

Thank You for reaching out. For activation method you can refer to 47# comment. For QuickTransfer please follow the steps below;

It is able to connect DJI Neo to your smartphone via Wi-Fi and enter QuickTransfer mode, then download photos and videos to your smartphone at high speed.

In Mobile App Control, after the smartphone is connected to DJI Neo, enter QuickTransfer mode by going to the Album view.
When DJI Neo is not connected to the smartphone, you can tap the QuickTransfer or Wi-Fi Devices card on the home screen in DJI Fly to enter QuickTransfer mode. You can also go to Album in DJI Fly on your smartphone, and tap the lightning icon in the upper right corner to enter QuickTransfer mode.
When connecting the smartphone to DJI Neo for the first time, press and hold the power button of DJI Neo to confirm.

• The maximum download rate can only be achieved in countries and regions where the 5.8 GHz frequency is permitted by laws and regulations, when using devices that support 5.8 GHz frequency band and Wi-Fi connection, and in an environment without interference or obstruction. If 5.8 GHz is not allowed by local regulations (such as in Japan), or your smartphone does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band, or the environment has severe interference, then QuickTransfer will use the 2.4 GHz frequency band and its maximum download rate will reduce to 6 MB/s.
• When using QuickTransfer, it is not necessary to enter the Wi-Fi password on the settings page of the smartphone in order to connect. Open DJI Fly and a prompt will appear to connect the device.
Use QuickTransfer in an unobstructed environment with no interference and stay away from sources of interference such as wireless routers, Bluetooth speakers, or headphones.

9-13 00:02
Use props
Rounin
lvl.1

Australia

Thankyou for your response DJI Gamora.
Somehow I've managed to activate through the mobile data method on a later phone. This allowed me to connect to the Neo on my older phone for flight and it appears to be working now. It still won't simultaneously connect to internet after connecting to the drone but I have done the updates through Assistant.
CheersAlso thanks to the others who offered help.
9-13 00:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Pitriss Posted at 9-12 13:34
Edit: NVM as it was said at the top you must have a cellphone with mobile data cause somehow when you try to activate Neo it kick you out of your wifi connection.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. Could you please check your DM. Thank you.
9-13 01:00
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules