RC and our Brain!!!!
1508 15 2015-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

When you roll the camera setting dial on the rc downwards the EV+ kicks in and the picture gets brighter..... When you roll the dial upwards the EV- is applied???

Is it just me or is orintation of the dial BACKWARDS?
Wouldn't it be easier on the brain if upwards was more and downwards was less? After all, upwards on the gimbal dial tilts the camera up and downward motion when the dial is rolled down.

I do a bit of steady crawl up/down with the camera in flight and find I have to think twice when i put my finger on the dial to adjust EV.

May sound silly but does anyone else think this makes sense?

Perhaps DJI could let us customise this in a future update as it would seem logical.
2015-9-21
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I don't know about the exposure, because I don't use it much yet, but the gimbal control is couterintuitive.
2015-9-21
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

The camera can try to over expose at times so i like to keep it fine tuned but that darn dial has caught me out once or twice. Thanks fot your comment.
2015-9-21
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

It woukd simplify the control of the dial if 'up meant up' and 'down meant down'.
2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

thanks for your suggestion, in future maybe we'll have this feature in future
2015-9-22
Use props
spunone69.gmail
lvl.3

United States

You know that if the image on the screen gets darker/lighter, just tap on the area on the screen and it will automatically adjust if the camera is set to "auto" mode...the more you "tap" on the screen, the more light/dark it will get
2015-9-22
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

Yes but the dial allows more manual and accurate adhustment. The EV dial is a perfect adjustment tool but for the fact that it seems to be set backwards.  Again dial up gives negatve EV while dial down gives positive EV...  Thanks for replying DJI-Tim, would be nice to see this changed, would be much easier on thr brain of us flawed  humans :-)
2015-9-22
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-22 09:54

Thanks for replying DJI-Tim, would be nice to see this, or give user the option to change it in the menu. It would be much easier on the brain of us flawed  humans :-) up should mean up...down mean down.. :-) Thanks again.
2015-9-22
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-22 03:54

My suggestion would be to have an option to "invert" the settings so if some people like it the way it is they can leave it, or if others want it opposite they can have it their way.  As a gamer, I always invert my settings, but others like it the way it is.
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-22 22:38
My suggestion would be to have an option to "invert" the settings so if some people like it the wa ...

I agree, that is how it should be done.
2015-9-22
Use props
DreamingWatchma
lvl.2

Austria

I have the same problem. Quite often I get the exposure correction wrong at the first try.
2015-9-23
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-23 07:33
I agree, that is how it should be done.

Glad to see its not just me. I hope DJI make this change as it would only be logical that dial up increases and dial down lowers the exposure. It might seem like a small thing but would make a big difference in getting the exposure right every time without it being a challenge having to stop and think before you roll the dial :-)
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Yeah definitely not just you. I will bring this up for sure at my next team meeting.
2015-9-23
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-23 15:58
Yeah definitely not just you. I will bring this up for sure at my next team meeting.

Thanks DJI-Dave, that would be great :-)
2015-9-27
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

Up? Down?  The dial on my RC turns left & right - no up or down to it.
2015-9-27
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

Dial the dial up......towards antenna.... Downwards towards the pilot. When you dial 'UP' the left camera/gimbal dial the camera tilts 'UP' ........Its logical really.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules