This is why im selling my P3P... Before it drops dead
2015-11-4
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Confirmed drift in both my P3P and Inspire 1 with this firmware.
2015-11-4
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

Trying to be patient waiting on this fix. In the meantime I'm missing all the fall colors shooting and jobs waiting.

$2000 just sitting in my living room not being used.
2015-11-4
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

United Kingdom

A few people have said the new r/c firmware improves the drifting - can anyone confirm/deny?
2015-11-5
Use props
ukfilmnet
New

United States

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-22 01:20
Hmmm interesting I thought this was occurring to me as well but shrugged it off as strong wind at t ...

Yes we have this too on a P3P forward means a drift to right and backwards gives left drift -  even after
sticks and IMU etc.
2015-11-8
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I got my £1200 waste of money drone out of the cupboard tonight because of the controller update but no better.
It doesn't just fly to the right its up and down on its own and all over the place.
Really tired of waiting now and as somebody said earlier I've missed the autumn colour as well.
2015-11-8
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I found the time and downgraded the firmware today and fly the bird perfectly. Not a single issue and completely stable.
Thanks DJI for no fix whatsoever since we had this problem.

2015-11-22
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

Guys:

Already available 1.5 firmware that seems to solve the problem!

Update!

2015-11-24
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Mordorr Posted at 2015-11-24 12:32
Guys:

Already available 1.5 firmware that seems to solve the problem!

where?  cannot find v1.5 firmware.  do you have a link, or are you .... ????

nevermind - thanks - I found it
2015-11-24
Use props
ismailtekin
lvl.2

Turkey

hi i cant find  the 1.5 firmware. where can i download it. And today after i read about 1.4 drift problem i decided to downgrade to 1.3. after downgrading the bird my dji app says aircraft required upgrade and camera required upgrade. is it okey or do i need to downgrade something else more? or i ignore the warning
2015-11-24
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-22 21:02
DJI can't ignore us, we are more each day that notice this bad behaviour of the bird. And i begin  ...

Ciao...

Mine arrived a few days ago from Germany for a repair,since august....it's arrived with latest FW 1.4.010..i just did a few flight since it arrived,and mine too is "sliding"....i re-calibrate several time IMU,without positive result...more over it took "half hour" for the copter "warm up"...it sucks almost 5% batteries before the copter get ready to fly...
2015-11-24
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

what do you mean by not fly straight? if you push the stick forward and it goes sideways then you need to calibrate. but i dont think thats the issue. do you mean it drifts? mine drifts a bit too when hovering but the ipdate that is supposed to be released tomorrow should fix that
2015-11-24
Use props
frodehag
New

Norway

I also have this drifting problem. Can anyone confirm that the latest firmware is fixing this problem?
2015-11-25
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

ultimatepump@ya Posted at 2015-9-24 23:20
So I am not the only one that had adverse affects of the latest firmware.  My update caused a crash  ...

I've also received a quote for the repair of more than 650 Euros, the P3A was purchased in May 2015 and is under warranty, as you are justified:
WE HAVE INFORMATION TO CONFIRM THE VALIDITY 'OF WARRANTIES SO FOR US NOT VALID ...........
HAVE YOU UNDERSTAND ??????????????
We are in their hands do what they want
Congratulations to the DJI
2015-11-25
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

starfighters Posted at 2015-11-24 21:45
Ciao...

Mine arrived a few days ago from Germany for a repair,since august....it's arrived with la ...

visto che sembravi cosi' orgoglioso del tuo P3 e gli altri droni erano solo brutte copie non ti resta che usarlo come soprammoble  aiooo
2015-11-25
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

asfodelo42 Posted at 2015-11-25 17:38
visto che sembravi cosi' orgoglioso del tuo P3 e gli altri droni erano solo brutte copie non ti re ...

Mai detto di essere orgoglioso del mio Phantom,ne mai pensato di usarlo come soprammobile,mai immaginato di poter urtare la sensibilità,nel definere brutta copia...niente di personale
2015-11-25
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

I have had a perfect phantom Por since they first came out, never had an issue with firmware updates, glitch ect ect. I have installed the latest FW 1.5 over the weekend and what do you know? I now have this drift issue, the phantom is basically useless is tight spaces, i managed to fly out in open air by just allow for left turn in direction. This is pretty disappointing considering i have not had any previous issues and now i have updated to the latest FW and have the issues the firmware was supposed to fix? I noticed that the phantom was swaying a lot more than previous also. All calibrations performed prior to update. Can someone tell me if i can uninstall and reinstall the firmware 1.5? will this help at all?

DJI - I would like an explanation as to why only some phantoms are affected and others are not? this issue feels as though its something to do with the RC stick calibration, to fly straight i had to off center my sticks to the left?!
2015-11-29
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

You re the first person i ear to complain of the drifting issues with 1.5...

I made yesterday a first  fly it seems of....but still im not 100% sure, yet....so im not sure yet if they continue or not......need more time and fly time.

Also, this DJI policy of no roll back to 1.3.2 or earlier fw, really sucks!!

Hope mine fly`s well, or im screwed.

Answer your question:

You can roll back and install 1.4fw, on a pen.
2015-12-3
Use props
jackamick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101988 ft
United States

My brand new Phantom (P3A) seems to be pretty stable (1.5), but I need to take it on some longer flights to be sure.
2015-12-3
Use props
Mordorr
lvl.2

Portugal

UPDATE:

Today made serious flights with 1.5fw.....and is a complete disaster: It drifts a lot....app crashes or refuses to conect to RC....

But the worse is the drifting......specially to left.

Thank you DJI to update to 1.5 on RMA and now i can`t rollback to 1.3.2 :@:@1.1.9.

Thinking seriously sell this piece of crap....it was cracks.. 2x to RMA now this.

Loosing here patient:@ :@
2015-12-5
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

Anything new on this DJI?
My Phantom 3 Pro still drags to left like crazy.

It's basically IMPOSSIBLE to fly straight in slow speed which makes the drone useless in filmmaking.
2016-2-3
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here I thought it was my age! I push the right stick forward and the aircraft flies at a slight diagonal to the left. Good I won't chock this one up to age....it's my P3P! This didn't show until a couple of weeks ago for me. I updated to v1.6 in Dec.  and nothing changed at the time I updated. I guess I will have to lean to the right as I fly to compensate for the pull to the left till DJI can come up with a fix/new problem for us to write about.
2016-2-3
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did this ever get solved. I still see my P3P doing it from time to time
2016-4-14
Use props
tberrigan
lvl.1

This has rendered my P3A pretty much unusable for any serious work. Pulls to the left when trying to fly a straight line, have to constantly adjust yaw which ruins any chance for a smooth, fluid motion video. Been this way since December, and seems like it actually got WORSE with this last update. Will test some more tomorrow, but I'm really getting fed up waiting for a fix.
2016-4-16
Use props
asylumsfm
New

United Kingdom

Mine too :-(
2016-4-19
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

It happens on my p3p too. Im using the lastest firmware.
2016-4-19
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

oks4n4 Posted at 2016-4-19 16:21
It happens on my p3p too. Im using the lastest firmware.

You may want to post a new thread.  This post is from September of 2015 and refers to firmware 1.4.0
2016-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules