Choppy / Staggering video footage - Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tboarder.gx
New

Hong Kong

Hi all,

I'm a new owner of aPhantom 3 Advance and took it for a quick test filming the night afterpurchasing.
The image quality I'mgetting is terrible due to two main factors:

• Choppy/staggering footage
  • Motion blur

The second pointshould be just down to the shutter speed, which I will look to re-test tonight;but the choppy/staggering footage is something new to me. It looks like it isbeing filmed at 10fps or something to that effect.
I'm aware that thecamera is terrible in low-light, thus the grain, but it should not affect themovement of objects within the frame.

Filming was done in2.7k with auto settings.

I will run test inmanual with a faster shutter speed setting tonight, but does anyone have anysuggestions or is anyone aware of issues with this camera that I should takeinto consideration, or which might rectify the image quality issue?

Footage looks the sameon phone, computer and Vimeo.
Has been resized to720p at 10-12Mbps

Test video snippets(trimmed) taken from drone:

Longer 3 min of testfootage:

Cheers,
Tom

2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Seems like the shutter speed is too low so it causes blur and and choppy video. Try to  fly in a day time and see if it happens again
2015-9-22
Use props
tboarder.gx
New

Hong Kong

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-22 16:30
Seems like the shutter speed is too low so it causes blur and and choppy video. Try to  fly in a day ...

Thank you for the response; that was certainly my first impression.

I ran a second round of filming tonight and changed the below things:
- Switched down to 1080p (Originally 2.7k)
- Changed to Manual ISO and Shutter speed

https://vimeo.com/140075912

Now everything is running smoothly, but I have questions on what was causing the bad image previously, the 2.7k feed or the shutter speed...
- Could the load from the 2.7k be having that effect on the footage recording properly?
(Filming on a grade 10 micro SD as provided with the drone)
- Even when setting the shutter speed to 50 (lowest setting) manually, the image was fine. I tested 50, 80, 100 with no major quality difference. When the camera is set to auto, can it force a shutter speed lower than 50 which might have caused the issue?

I'll test again tomorrow; on manual settings and 2.7k, and then 1080p on auto settings and see what I can find out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated to help!

Cheers,
Tom
2015-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules