Inspire 1 Batery Price Gouging on Ebay
2078 6 2014-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

Hello Folks,
I have not ordered my Inspire 1 yet, but I have a PV2+ and have ordered more accessories for it. Primarily a replacement battey.
I have been on Ebay and noticed that the battery selling prices for the Inspire 1 are all over the place, as low as $150 and as high as $460.
The high end prices are as much as a replacement controller!
What does DJI recommend as a re-sell price and why are theses independent seller price Gouging!

Something smells fishy.....

2014-12-14
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

The DJI price for a standard battery is $159, for a larger capacity battery is $199, Buy from an authorized dealer, not eBay.
2014-12-14
Use props
tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328684 ft
United Kingdom

Buyer beware on eBay, especially with batteries. Imagine buying a fake battery and then it frying you Inspire or short-circuiting and exploding. Spending a little more (or less by the sounds of things!) is surely worth it. You will be making a significant investment, don't spoil it with a potentially fake battery.

Inspire Battery (Official)

Inspire Battery 2 (Official)
2014-12-14
Use props
christopherpitb
New

United Kingdom

tim@digitaltria Posted at 2014-12-15 01:45
Buyer beware on eBay, especially with batteries. Imagine buying a fake battery and then it frying yo ...

Are there many fake batteries being sold?  And is there a way to tell the fakes from the genuine article?  Going on price alone obviously doesn't make something authentic.  
2015-5-18
Use props
DJeff1
lvl.2

United States

christopherpitb Posted at 2015-5-18 22:28
Are there many fake batteries being sold?  And is there a way to tell the fakes from the genuine a ...

Do not purchase from Ebay and buy directly from DJI and avoid the potential of purchasing a fake.
2015-5-18
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had read a thread that DJI has stopped production on one of the Inspire batteries because of some issue. I am sorry I can not find the posting to provide more info. Perhaps that is why some people on eBay think they can get so much for a battery. Simple supply and demand.
2015-5-19
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

welcome to the internet, you can buy a penny worth $0.01 for $1000 if youre dumb enough on ebay, lol!  Read descriptions and feedback of seller carefully.  if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.  
2015-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules