Onscreen compass??
831 4 2015-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodbuilder
New

United States

Ok,  being REALLY ne to my Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0,  I've had it in the air several times now, just messing around, and am ready (I think!!!) to start shooting videos and stills, but as I get it up and ready to fly in my living room I can see that there is, what appears to be a compass in the DJI screen, on my Samsung tablet, after I press on that little blue "globe" icon.

BUT, the arrow is about 90 degrees off of where the nose of the copter is headed!

So what's up with that?  Is there a way to calibrate that compass arrow, so it will face in the direction the copter is headed?  Othewrwise it's pretty much worthless as a way to see which way ther copter is heading when it's 500 yeards away form me!!!

HELP!!!!

2015-9-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Best to check this download out as you stated you are really "new"....it will cover a lot of good info and show you how to calibrate compass etc.https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

I use my compass all the time though only outdoors and it works perfectly and not sure you can get the calibrations accurately indoor not to mention other potential safety concerns..Please be cautious indoors...a lot of $hit can happen in a hurry!

2015-9-22
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Indoors.... Not smart. If she drifts into that LED TV then your going to have two electronics issues. Really big bucks. Be smart and be safe.
2015-9-23
Use props
sdtag
lvl.2

United States

my compass goes nuts when my quad hovers.
I have figured out that it needs motion to get a heading.
Take it outside and fly in one direction and the compass should be right. Hover for 10 seconds and watch it spin or flip.
I noticed this flying way points and my compass would freak out at every 3 second way point stop.

I couldn't imagine trying to fly this in my house. I tried to fly it inside a warehouse once with a 20 foot ceiling, and I didn't like it. I could never get comfortable with it.

2015-9-30
Use props
rodbuilder
New

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-23 17:21
Indoors.... Not smart. If she drifts into that LED TV then your going to have two electronics issues ...

Why on Earth do you guys think I'd try to fly it inside?  I SAID I was getting it READY to fly, not flying it!!!!!

Pa-leese!!!!
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules