My First Post...
918 10 2015-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keith.baldwin-p
lvl.1

China

My first post.

I have been lurking here for a while and learning as much as I can before acquiring an Inspire 1.

I am an English Guy but live in Qingpu, Shanghai, China. I am interested in RC Flying, Photography and Technology. So, the Inspire 1 ticks all of those boxes.

I got a Hubsan X4 first to get a good feel for in-flight-orientation. Personally, I want to be able to fly the Inspire 1 and not rely on the GPS alone. The Hubsan X4 has been perfect to fly indoors.

Video and editing is all very new to me and I purchased Premiere Elements to get me started.

I purchased my Inspire 1 and Accessories directly from DJI China. I have been very impressed by the build quality of the Inspire 1 and so far it has performed flawlessly.

I appreciate the efforts made by many forum members who share their knowledge and experience. This has helped to, at least, get me off the ground safely and make my first video. Still lots to learn.

My second flight...

2015-9-23
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Welcome! Your video for whatever reason isn't playing. I just purchased my inspire 1 about 2 weeks ago and love it. I have no incidents and learning to build my confidence up each flight. Welcome to the forum!
2015-9-23
Use props
K3ITH
lvl.1

China

ibdronin Posted at 2015-9-24 13:14
Welcome! Your video for whatever reason isn't playing. I just purchased my inspire 1 about 2 weeks a ...

Thanks for the welcome.

I wonder why my Video doesn't play for you. I can see it in my post and it plays when I click on it

I'd appreciate it if someone else could confirm that it won't play

Thanks, Keith...
2015-9-23
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

K3ITH Posted at 2015-9-24 16:56
Thanks for the welcome.

I wonder why my Video doesn't play for you. I can see it in my post and i ...

Hi K3ith,

Video working fine for me!   Looks great, welcome to the forum and welcome to the wonderful world of the Inspire 1!
2015-9-23
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

The video playing is my end. Security settings. I need to adjust the settings. My apologies.
2015-9-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
2015-9-24
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>

Welcome to the forum and nice little post.  One tip, point your camera up when landing and it will keep your lens clean.  

Many happy flights to you.  
2015-9-24
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

The video played fine for me. You say this is your second flight with the Inspire 1?
You did a good job, especially over water, which I will do however it has to be
Planned for a reason for me to do so. Did you fly quads before the Inspire?
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your video.
2015-9-24
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-24
Use props
K3ITH
lvl.1

China

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-9-25 02:59
The video played fine for me. You say this is your second flight with the Inspire 1?
You did a good  ...

Thank you all for the kind welcomes.

'Second Flight' - I should have said second time out with the Inspire 1, it was my 4th Flight. Apart from the Hubsan X4 I purchased as part of my learning exercise to fly the Inspire 1, it is my first Quadcopter.

However, I have flown RC, Fixed Wing and Helicopters in a flying club and I owned a full size Microlight for 4 years. So, pre-flight checks and planning are a part of my normal routine.

The Inspire 1 has performed perfectly and predictably. It inspires a lot of confidence and I had no concerns flying over the water. My biggest challenge is Video Editing!
2015-9-24
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now