879 6 2015-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Del2015
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been contacted about a potential job at a private School (believe it or not), situated in the middle of an afluent part of a UK City. I have a permission for aerial work from the CAA and valid insurance. They are considering an aerial video interspersed with ground level shots to promote the School.

Now I'm well aware of the restrictions imposed on Flying in a resindertial area, but in exceptions (especially with a small craft like a Phantom), I though it would maybe be possible as long as relevant parties are contacted. I'm just looking for input from people who are in a similar position and would know who to contact to find out if this would even be possible?

Thanks!
2015-9-24
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

contact the department who issued your certificate for PFAW
2015-9-24
Use props
Del2015
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have, but no response as yet so just thought I'd ask on here if anybody has any ideas of who else to contact
2015-9-24
Use props
NealR
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Del, not that I can assist in your query, but I was more curious who you went with to be CAA PFAW certified?

I've been looking at some, and seem to cost around £1200 for a 3-day course, and renewed annually? Is this roughly what you went with/have done?

If you don't wish to discuss publicly, please feel free to message me directly
2015-9-24
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

try EUROUSC light uas sceme basic national unmanned aircraft systems certificate BNUC/BNUCS will give a clear picture of whats involved
2015-9-24
Use props
rmaimaging
New

Canada

I would think they would post notice of the aerial photography going on and as its all private property you should be fine with their permission to fly. In Canada we have an exemption from full aviation requirements and one clause is "anything involved in the project" is included so people or structures and the property owner essentially is then responsible again.
2015-9-24
Use props
Del2015
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi NealR, I did it through EuroUSC and it probably cost about £1500 in total after all expenses. There's a fairly cheap renewal each year which you can do through Euro or do direct with the CAA. Course is pretty easy to pass but as you're probably aware from my question, there still seem to be quire a few grey areas even after you've passed. As has been discussed on this forum several times.
2015-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules