How to view 4K
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thewood45
lvl.2

United States

Hello ALL,

Thanks in advance for all your help.  Ok, so I have a P3P and I have a new 4K TV.  How do I view my 4K footage on the 4K TV?  This is frustating, because the only thing I was able to get to work is run the footage off my laptop using a HDMI cable.  I would like to directly watch the footage on the 4K TV but for some reason using a USB the drive is not reading my 4K MP4 files (Yes the TV is compatible reading MP4 with USB) So I'm curious what you guys out there do to watch 4K on your 4K TV?

Thanks,

Eric
2015-9-24
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I would firstly refer to your TV Instruction Manual. Check it out if it can plays 4K mp4. What does it say?
2015-9-24
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-24
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Put the video on a thumb drive and plug it directly into the TV.  Should play like a dream then.
2015-9-24
Use props
Thewood45
lvl.2

United States

Thanks everyone for your help.  I fully understand as I've been playing movies off a jump drive for years on my TV's.  Maybe its some type of setting on my new 4K.  I'll play around it today and see what I can do.
2015-9-25
Use props
Screenbyte
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You need to check what codecs your TV will play.
I had the same problem with my Sony until I found out it will only play MP4 files encoded in  H265.
Once I converted to the right format they played fine.
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules