Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Pro Gimbal and Camera can they be used without the Quad?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Micheal
Flight distance : 128625 ft
Singapore

Hi all,
Preamble....
I crashed my Phantom 3 Pro a few days after it arrived, the gimbal broke and the camera cable ribbon cable snapped. I tried a couple of unsuccessful google searches for spare parts so ended up buying a new gimbal and camera unit. Inevitably once I had installed and flown the new Gimbal and camera I started seeing posts for spare parts and managed to buy the parts online. So now I am the proud owner of a spare Gimbal and Camera.

Last weekend I fabricated a frame to fit around the Phantom to use it as a steady cam for shooting footage in places I have learned the hard way not to fly. The resulting footage is great however using the Phantom in the frame looks a bit odd.

The point of my post is to discover if it is possible and if so how to use my spare gimbal and camera without the quad, I would need a power supply and some means of starting the camera I considered  possibly by buying a crashed  quad and installing the boards from the body into a box but then would still need to use the RC unit.

Anyone have any other ideas ?

2015-9-24
Use props
capalvch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

Dronexpert.nl have a handle for that. Check it at www.dronexpert.nl
2015-9-25
Use props
geoffreywolter
lvl.1
United States

I tend to find the simplest solution is the best... so if it was me I would find a buyer for your repaired gimbal and just buy something like the Feiyu G4 and a GoPro to go with it. I assume that time is money for you to some extent, in which case I think this route will definitely be the cheapest option for what it sounds like you are trying to accomplish.
2015-9-25
Use props
Micheal
Singapore

geoffreywolter@ Posted at 2015-9-26 02:32
I tend to find the simplest solution is the best... so if it was me I would find a buyer for your re ...

Thanks for your reply, my movie making is just a hobby so time is not important, I use a Drift rather than a go pro for POV shots, they are so light that they don't really need a gimbal just a stabilizer. I had though of selling the gimbal but given the cost of a new unit I am guessing that I would struggle to do much more than cover the cost of the parts I used to repair so will hang on to it as a spare.
2015-9-27
Use props
Micheal
Singapore

capalvch@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-25 19:42
Dronexpert.nl have a handle for that. Check it at www.dronexpert.nl

Thanks for the reply, I hade a look at the handle, it would serve the same purpose but the frame I am fabricating will allow two handed use which is a better option when shooting for extended periods.
I completed the prototype over the weekend and took it for a trial run. footage is rock steady.
2015-9-27
Use props
scott.dreamstre
lvl.1

United States

look at how yuneec solves that problem with the typhoon 500.  wish the p3 had the same feature
2015-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules