Phantom3 Channel hack
9007 35 2015-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luckjo7
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I have a question about channel hack. We alredy shared the instruction for increasing the number of channels from 8 to 32 before the new update(Sep 7). Now, most of people updated the newest firmware on aircraft.
I am wondering if the previous instructions could be used to increase the number of channels from 8 to 32. Is there any one who already increased the number of channels? Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide
2015-9-24
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Works the same on any firmware
2015-9-24
Use props
luckjo7
lvl.1

United States

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-25 14:03
Works the same on any firmware

Is there any big difference between 8 and 32 channels? Anyone who tried this?
2015-9-24
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Australia

luckjo7@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-25 16:11
Is there any big difference between 8 and 32 channels? Anyone who tried this?

Sure is a big difference channel 32  has minimal interference/noise
2015-9-24
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Did you bother to even consider why those channels are disabled?

Only channels 13-20 are legal to use in the US.

Those other channels are restricted by the FCC and will get you a BIG fine when you are caught using them. And Yes they have the equipment to find you.
2015-9-25
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Luck,

I tried the hack after getting the very frequent "no signal" messages after I did the 1.41 update on my P3P. I had no signal issues prior to the update. I successfully applied the hack and tried numerous different custom channels. There may have been a very slight improvement in the very upper channels 28-32. Not a significant improvement by any stretch. I wouldn't bother going through the hassle. I think it's a firmware issue, DJI has acknowledged that a problem does exist and they are "working on it". I think we're all just going to have to wait it out. Maybe someone else will come up with a solution but I've invested almost a week on it now and I'm getting nowhere. Sorry.

Jerry
2015-9-25
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-25 11:17

Only channels 13-20 are legal to u ...

"Reference Required".
2015-9-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-25 17:17

Only channels 13-20 are legal to u ...

No I dont bother, also this was not asked for and I dont let a crap government interfere with my life quality!
2015-9-25
Use props
geoffreywolter
lvl.1
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-25 12:24
No I dont bother, also this was not asked for and I dont let a crap government interfere with my l ...

LOL.... Ohhhh Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh Brother!
2015-9-25
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-25 12:40
"Reference Required".

It's called Google. You should try it sometime.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR ... -vol1-sec15-205.pdf
2015-9-25
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-25 18:24
No I dont bother, also this was not asked for and I dont let a crap government interfere with my l ...

So if someone else uses a channel they are not supposed to use and it interferes with your life (e.g. because they interrupt emergency services communications and you die because the emergency service don't get to you in time after you had an accident) I assume you'll be OK with that?
2015-9-25
Use props
geoffreywolter
lvl.1
United States

agrewe Posted at 2015-9-25 14:47
So if someone else uses a channel they are not supposed to use and it interferes with your life (e ...

I'm not sure logic and reason will prevail in this case...
2015-9-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Thats government propaganda supported by the lie-press. The poor sending capacity of the Inspire can interfere with nothing. Also please tell me and proove which of the 32 channels could even theoretically interfere with emergency services communications in which countries. As obviousely many are not only using all channels but also higher power outputs and better antennas there should already be many dead because of there is any real issue beyond government cosmetics.

Its more likely a Phantom/Inspire which were constructed for 32 channels doesnt find a useable frequency and crashes into a building due to the 8 channel bottleneck when the RTH altitude is set to low. Though it may be a pilot mistake then it would not have happened with 32 channels.

2015-9-25
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-25 21:14
Thats government propaganda supported by the lie-press. The poor sending capacity of the Inspire can ...

Hey, pssssst, I'll let you in on a secret:

The real reason the corrupt government doesn't want you to use those channels is because they use those to communicate with the "lie-press" and suppress the truth: They are all Illuminati. They also send mind-control messages over those channels to control the population.

You are the only one who can see through this ghastly scheme! You are a hero!
2015-9-25
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Seems the mind control messages work rather well .............
2015-9-25
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-25 14:48
It's called Google. You should try it sometime.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2001-title47-vol ...

Oh I see you are a smart one... I am 73 years old. I have forgotten more about the net and computers,
that you will probably ever know. Kid.
2015-9-25
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-25 20:41
Oh I see you are a smart one... I am 73 years old. I have forgotten more about the net and compute ...

Sorry for being on your lawn.

You can go back to yelling at the squirrels now.
2015-9-25
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-25 20:52

If you are making a statement here do not assume that everyone who reads it is going to accept it.
Back it up by presenting references to what you are saying. That is the only thing I am saying here.
But I feel a little immaturity here. Have a very nice day.
Over and out.
Bat
2015-9-25
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-25 20:56
If you are making a statement here do not assume that everyone who reads it is going to accept it. ...

My "statement" about what???

You could simply ask a question about anything you are ignorant about instead of your pissy "References Required" reply.

Ask me what channels are 13-20.

I will tell you that those are the channels in the 2406mhz - 2476mhz and are the same ones used for WiFi. The other ones fall outside that range into the cell phone, HAM radio, and other restricted frequencies that are illegal to use without a license.

But you probably think DJI disabled those channels to punish you and make their drone crappier.

Or you just forgot.
2015-9-25
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Australia

And don't assume everyone lives i n the USA land of the free lol
2015-9-25
Use props
SkyWalker66
New

Turkey

i changed the dji.configs  and channel shows  32ch is there will be any problem to use this channels?
2015-9-26
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

channels 8-32 are reserved for cellular service if im not mistaken, and are rarely used. yeah its illegal, but their not going to care enough to come hunt you down
2015-9-26
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-25 21:26
My "statement" about what???

You could simply ask a question about anything you are ignorant abou ...

A correction Bob, the Phantom 3 operates on 2.400-2.483gHZ not megahertz.

And yes, DJI got smacked for encroachment on frequencies they aren't licensed for. That's why 1 firmware 1.1.6 or 1.1.8 was a forced update.

The chances of getting nabbed by the FCC are remote. They do run mobile vehicles looking for offenders like the days of 19 channel CB radios and linear pre-amps.

In my area, Sprint has two mobile vehicles sniffing for offenders as they are looking to sell excess bandwidth and have to certify that there is nothing else using the allocated bands.
2015-9-29
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Lightbridge uses radio channels which are within the ISM bands to transmit video back to the RC. The P3 has antennas in the landing gear that communicate with the RC on 2.400 GHz - 2.483 GHz. DJI initially implemented 32 channels within this band but later discovered that only 8 channels (13 -> 20) were legally available. The other frequencies are in used by ham radio, satellite comm,  or are used by wireless carriers in various countries. See this spreadsheet for detailed channel specifications. https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... li=1#gid=1477125990
The 8 channels that are available for our use can also be used by wireless routers and repeaters, so depending on where you live and fly, you can get significant interference. Our RC defaults to automatic channel selection from channels 13 to 20, and can change channels if significant interference is detected during flight. You may select Custom and choose the cleanest frequency in your area. The hack makes all original 32 channels available for Custom selection. Auto only selects within the 8 available frequencies. In my area channel 20 is almost always clean:

2015-9-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-26 10:52

It would be much friendlier on this forum if posters regarded other posters as having an equivalent or greater level of intelligence or experience to themselves, rather than the other way around.
2015-9-29
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-9-29 23:37
It would be much friendlier on this forum if posters regarded other posters as having an equivalen ...

"Reference Required".
2015-9-30
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

I can tell you my signal drop was soooo bad I could not fly and see what the bird was seeing on my ipad mini.  I did the channel hack and using channel 32 I have not had one problem in 30 flights.  So yea its worth doing IMO.  
2015-9-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Thank you for demonstrating my point.
2015-9-30
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-9-30 18:48
Thank you for demonstrating my point.

And thank you for demonstrating mine.

Mine was that you have no clue how to read a thread, what was yours?
2015-9-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-10-1 09:05
And thank you for demonstrating mine.

Mine was that you have no clue how to read a thread, what w ...

Mine was that you are unnecessarily rude to everyone on this forum.
2015-9-30
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-9-30 19:16
Mine was that you are unnecessarily rude to everyone on this forum.

Well then you completely missed the mark.

It was I that he was being rude to and you replied to the wrong person.

Now if you knew how to read a thread, you would know that. So I was right on.
2015-9-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-10-1 09:18
Well then you completely missed the mark.

It was I that he was being rude to and you replied to th ...

I replied to your disrespectful comment about chasing the squirrels, as my comment about making incorrect assumptions about other people was aimed directly at you. So no, I do know how to read a forum, and I got it right. If you want a reference, take a look at any of the Dilbert's Laws, in particular the one about arguing.
2015-9-30
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

Geebax Posted at 2015-9-30 19:50
I replied to your disrespectful comment about chasing the squirrels, as my comment about making in ...

Oh so you decided to take a comment out of context and attack someone on it.

Next time comment to yourself about not being rude.
2015-9-30
Use props
SILVER3
New

Canada

How do you get 32 channels back into your app
2015-10-13
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I can't find the instructions for doing this.mits worked for me in the past and my light bridge 1 still works great ding channel 29, but the pilot app updated and I can't find the files I had to do this channel hack, can anyone send the link to it?
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys need to stop with these comments and being unfriendly to other users. I already had to delete a few that were personal attacks on other users.
2016-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules