Return to home- no video link
680 4 2015-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mfa
lvl.2

United States

I wondering this as I was flying last week- if I go out of range of my live feed on the video monitor and I hit the return to home button will the drone register this or is the communication totally disrupted between the controller and the drone.  On a couple of occassions I flew the drone in FPV mode and fly to a distance whereby the monitor lost the live video feed from the drone and I also had no visual lock on the drone.  I hit the Return to home button a few times and luckily the feek came back.  I was wondering if the drone goes out of range or possibly hits radio interference, will hitting the return to home feature still work.
2015-9-25
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

loosing video feed or table disconnected has no bearing on rc connection to p3. the best way to know if rc is disconnected from p3 is to look at the leftmost led light on rc. if it is red then u have lost connection. and if u have set all your rth settings correctly, trust, it will come back to your home point(if u waited to have one b4 take Off)

try this, it may help in other areas

http://forum.dji.com/thread-27393-1-1.html
2015-9-25
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I hit the Return to home button a few times and luckily the feek came back.  I was wondering if the drone goes out of range or possibly hits radio interference, will hitting the return to home feature still work.

Ray is correct.  The FPV signal has nothing to do with control, just the video feed back to you.  The one thing that bothers me is your wording that you "hit the return to home button a few times".  Are you aware that this is a push and hold until it beeps button?  If you just tap it, it won't RTH.  Push and hold, it beeps, the device will say something like 'return to home activated', the LED around the button will light up, the P3 will turn toward you, it will rise to the RTH altitude unless you are higher than that already, and return home and land.
2015-9-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be clear - the RTH button (hardware) on your Remote should work...
but it's possible, even probable, that the button on the DJI Go App may stop working when the app misbehaves.
2015-9-25
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

May I just add you need to be sure you have it set to a predetermined height first, like what I do is have it set to 85 meters, or almost max height allowed here in the states.  Then I just wait and listen for that familiar sound and when I have a visual on it, I cancel my RTH and fly her in myself.

On a side note, be sure your RC connection loss is set to RTH and not LAND.  That could be bad if it were not in a convenient place.
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules