1235 1 2015-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian Cresswell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2448842 ft
  • >>>
United States

I realize that the only current lenses "officially" supported by the X5 are the Zuiko 12mm and 17mm, and the DJI rebranded Leica 15mm.

However, based on weight, it would seem the following 3 lenses are within 15 grams or so of the above lenses, and should be a close match for weight/balance:
Zuiko 25mm
Zuiko 45mm
Panasonic 42.5mm

Obviously, 45mm is pushing the limits of what can be sufficiently stable for video, since that would be a very narrow FOV. However, it would be a nice option for still image photography and perhaps as a survey lens for high resolution mapping. Also, perhaps it could be a great option for ground-based usage once DJI eventually releases the handheld module.

In addition, I would love to see support for the Panasonic 14-42 power zoom lens. It is tiny and weighs under 100 grams. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... umix_G_X_Vario.html The lens doesn't even change extension much while zooming, which should mean it could potentially balance pretty well. It would be extremely beneficial to have a powered zoom lens as an option on the X5. This would give users the ability to create dramatic changes in paralax by adding an aditional axis of movement. It would be awesome to see DJI implement a way for users to remotely zoom this 14-42 lens, giving a truly unique capability to the X5. Could be extremely useful!

Perhaps zoom could be controlled in a couple of ways. One way would be if it could be controlled via the right side scroll wheel (camer settings dial). Left to zoom out, right to zoom in. Additionally, perhaps there could be an option to use the C1 / C2 buttons to zoom in/out. Left click and hold would be zoom out, right click and hold could be zoom in. This could have an "ease in/ease out" function so that when clicking and holding the button, the zoom starts and ends somewhat gradually so that it doesn't begin and end abruptly. Would really, really love this feature. I guarantee people would be really interested in remote zoom via this lens. I know it's possible, because the Blackmagic pocket cam has the ability to control zoom via LANC with this specific lens, so I know the lens can support remote zoom protocol. Let's do it!

I'd love to assist with any testing if you'd like. I own all of these lenses and could make myself available to help test.

Cheers!
-Ian

2015-9-25
Use props
Scotflieger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
United Kingdom

As an Olympus OM-D EM-1 user and MFT supporter, I fully support this suggestion. The M.Zuiko 45mm is a must have especially for stills photography.
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules