Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Additional telemetry: GPS coordinates and heading
12Next >
19153 53 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Dear DJI,

Please add additional live telemetry to DJI GO. I would like to propose adding:
- GPS coordinates - geographic latitude and longitude
- Heading

And GPS tag to photo:
- heading
(longitude and latidude are saved now)

These telemetry readings will be very very helpful in technical proffesional use like photo cartography. It will allow to place a drone on exact position (coordinates) and direction (heading). We are using your wide sort of product for this purpose, including a big platforms and smaller such as phantom 3.

For example:
prev_djigo.jpg
2015-9-26
Use props
Dronematic
New

Poland

Yes. Regarding to thread above started by Kyokushin, I have to agree. This facilities may be really helpful for users are concern of making ortofogomaps. This way we can treat DJI as full advance and professional equipment. Will keep my eye on this topic.
2015-9-26
Use props
musman1978
lvl.3

United States

very good idea   
2015-9-28
Use props
ss.alxs
New

Canada

Agree, would very much like live GPS coordinates - geographic latitude and longitude displayed on app somewhere.
2015-10-5
Use props
robert.foster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499183 ft
United States

Please add gps coordinates and heading to the Go app.  I work in the cell phone tower industry and use the Phantom 3 to photograph job sites and if the phantom allowed me to roughly gauge azimuth of antennas and tower position by hovering over them with the grid lines on...this would be a very valuable tool for me.

Thanks in advance...hehe
2015-10-6
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

And also at log screen, where we can track our flight, gps coordinates would be nice in case of emergency drone searching.
2015-10-13
Use props
FD_Drone
lvl.1
United States

Also real time coordinates is  a must have for Search & Rescue.  The ability to read out the GPS coordinates of a target & relay to ground crews can be a matter of life or death.
2015-10-19
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

FD_Drone Posted at 2015-10-19 18:06
Also real time coordinates is  a must have for Search & Rescue.  The ability to read out the GPS coo ...

Yes, You wrote a best argument mate!

DJI Products are used around the world in a resque teams. An example:
http://www.ibtimes.com/drone-hel ... -jacket-wet-1993797
2015-10-19
Use props
Takeoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9915 ft
Australia

May be make it an option for displaying GPS coordinates as I do not want more details to clog up my small screen. I am using an iPhone 5s.
2015-10-22
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

DJI, even P2 Vision + in Naza mode have GPS coordinates. Could you add it also to DJI Go for us?
11.jpg

It will be very helpfull for proffesional users of Your products (P3, i1, lightbridge2)
2015-11-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>

The co-ordinates are all kept in the text file that is logged in each flight log. I prefer to keep the app as is. There are enough bad guys round (no disrespect to all you professionals); no need to see DJI in the headlines in a major European capital for the wrong reasons. I am fully aware Futaba and other RC makers already provide RT lat long elev data but its at extra cost and a module.

Perhaps those asking for real time unlock of GPS co-ordinates can show proper credentials and you get a custom unlock code with the agreement that you will  allow police and security persons to track you.

Can never be too safe in this crazy world.
2015-11-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

No, for a God sake, GPS coordinates are known because you can see You and Your UAV on the map.... they are just not showing on Your screen, they are NOT locked, everyone who want to know your location will know it (in your way of thinking).

How you think are map position is taken from? A magic? Not my friend. This is taken from GPS coordinates, they are transmitted to your Tablet and position of Your Phantom is presented on the map, but you cant see the numbers and they are will be useful.

New litchi 2.6 will have this function, in my opinion DJI go also shoud. It is not a big deal.
It will only allow to get precise position to take a photo, nothing more. Or if you loose a drone you will be able to go to the last position. There a lot of sofware to get GPS coordinates from a Phone or tablet, but in our case we need coordinates of a Phantom to make work easier.
2015-11-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

DJI, any chances?
Litchi got that options, we would like also to see it in DJI GO.
2015-12-12
Use props
ruskid2
lvl.1

United States

FD_Drone Posted at 2015-10-20 00:06
Also real time coordinates is  a must have for Search & Rescue.  The ability to read out the GPS coo ...

As a  member of a search and rescue team. I agree this would be of great value. It should come with the ability to select from different coordinate systems also. Lat/Lon, USNG, etc.
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I for one agree that it would be a nice feature and a on/off tab if you didn't want to see it in the flight display. It's good for professional users that need to mark a specific location.
Yes, you can take a photo and get the data from that but live would be nice. And heading wold just be an extra treat.
There may be a reason why DJI does not offer it, I will ask
2016-1-22
Use props
Drugless
lvl.4
South Africa

I would love to have the GPS coordinates displayed on the devices screen since I typically plan my flights ahead of time from home using (crudely) Google Maps.
In an effort to ensure safety, legal requirements and make sure I don't waste my time travelling to a unsuitable site:
1.  I locate the area I wish to fly in on the Google maps
2. Calculate the centre of the area (making note of the GPS coordinates)
3. Establish whether the area would allow me to have X plus safety radius from roads / buildings. This then tells me what radius I should set my MC Settings - Distance Limit to.
4. I can then travel to the site and locate myself specifically on those coordinates.
I've used my devices GPS in the past but found it not accurate enough really.
2016-1-25
Use props
pinpointmapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

If we are asking for stuff,
Can we get some MISB compliant Metadata for the Imagery?
This would allow for UAV video to be used by ArcGIS mapping software Full Motion Video extension.
http://www.gwg.nga.mil/misb/faq.html
https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcg ... cgis-10-2-and-10-3/
2016-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

pinpointmapping Posted at 2016-1-26 08:56
This would all ...

I made the suggestion for you.
2016-1-25
Use props
HAILSTONE AERIA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-26 18:47

Thanks DJI-Ken, however, we are still waiting for GPS co-ordinates 11 March 2016.

It should be a simple firmware upgrade for DJI to do?
2016-3-10
Use props
HAILSTONE AERIA
lvl.3
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-26 18:47

Thanks DJI-Ken, however, we are still waiting for GPS co-ordinates 11 March 2016.

It should be a simple firmware upgrade for DJI to do?
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

HAILSTONE AERIA Posted at 2016-3-11 04:59

It should be a  ...

I made they suggestion, if they don't do it then that means it will not be an option in the app.
2016-3-10
Use props
BigAl07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6127769 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is an excellent idea for SAR and EMS missions. It blows my mind (that doesn't take much) that this isn't a higher priority. It seems like such a simple tweak since the information is obviously already there.

I would have no problem providing needed credentials to obtain this feature but if there is no feature then I guess we need to look elsewhere?
2016-3-26
Use props
HAILSTONE AERIA
lvl.3
New Zealand

Its now the 17/09/2016. This request was made on the 27/09/2015 thats a year ago. It would be so easy for DJI to add this into a firmware upgrade. Pro users like me need it for SAR. WHY have DJI not done this yet!
2016-9-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HAILSTONE AERIA Posted at 2016-9-17 08:17
Its now the 17/09/2016. This request was made on the 27/09/2015 thats a year ago. It would be so eas ...

I imagine it is because it is a consumer aircraft and the average owner does not give a rats about those figures. You don't always get what you want. Personally, I don't want the screen cluttered up with any more data than it has at present.
2016-9-16
Use props
HAILSTONE AERIA
lvl.3
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-17 06:43
I imagine it is because it is a consumer aircraft and the average owner does not give a rats about ...

Yea but your Australian so that comment doesnt really count
2016-10-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HAILSTONE AERIA Posted at 2016-10-18 07:50
Yea but your Australian so that comment doesnt really count

Hmm, on the other hand, being a Kiwi, you don't count. Not unless you have already immigrated here, like 99% of your countrymen
2016-10-17
Use props
abonto.yahoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27838 ft
Guam

Why can't they add this in?   Practically all drones other than DJI has this.
2016-12-19
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

As many request that has been made for this feature..... I can not believe it has not been added yet.

Come on DJI...... GET IT DONE ALREADY
2016-12-19
Use props
fansc4238f71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21024 ft
United States

Another SAR pilot here, wishing DJI would add this feature...  All the hardware is there, just a simple software tweak.  Also, a calculated wind speed would be beneficial as well.  Once again, hte hardware is there - all they need to do is compare rotor speeds when the craft is in a stable gps position and they could easily approximate speed and direction.  
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Ahhh had to read that twice.  Not to the screen but to the photo it self?  Sort of messes up the photo mosaic though don't you think?  Might be useful in the information section of the photo.
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
United States

ss.alxs@gmail.c Posted at 2015-10-6 03:37
Agree, would very much like live GPS coordinates - geographic latitude and longitude displayed on app somewhere.

I am having problems visualizing how these lines/numbers knit together...when the photo mosaic is generated.
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
United States

robert.foster Posted at 2015-10-7 07:07
Please add gps coordinates and heading to the Go app.  I work in the cell phone tower industry and use the Phantom 3 to photograph job sites and if the phantom allowed me to roughly gauge azimuth of antennas and tower position by hovering over them with the grid lines on...this would be a very valuable tool for me.

Thanks in advance...hehe

Sounds like a photogrammetry package!
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-10-14 06:32
And also at log screen, where we can track our flight, gps coordinates would be nice in case of emergency drone searching.

They make software for that.  Third party app.
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-11-17 18:23
The co-ordinates are all kept in the text file that is logged in each flight log. I prefer to keep the app as is. There are enough bad guys round (no disrespect to all you professionals); no need to see DJI in the headlines in a major European capital for the wrong reasons. I am fully aware Futaba and other RC makers already provide RT lat long elev data but its at extra cost and a module.

Perhaps those asking for real time unlock of GPS co-ordinates can show proper credentials and you get a custom unlock code with the agreement that you will  allow police and security persons to track you.

Had this conversation with some folks a week or two ago.  I think the gov has more accurate GPS available but does not give the general public access.  The coast guard now has landbased systems to improve on the GPS location accuracy.  Not sure if GPS or the Glonass is more accurate.  Also understand the time clock has something to do with the accuracy as well but not sure I understand that?
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-23 01:37
I for one agree that it would be a nice feature and a on/off tab if you didn't want to see it in the flight display. It's good for professional users that need to mark a specific location.
Yes, you can take a photo and get the data from that but live would be nice. And heading wold just be an extra treat.
There may be a reason why DJI does not offer it, I will ask

Your the Greatest Ken...like the ability to toggle it.  I bet you get comments on the accuracy if they put this in though!
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
United States

Drugless Posted at 2016-1-26 08:09
I would love to have the GPS coordinates displayed on the devices screen since I typically plan my flights ahead of time from home using (crudely) Google Maps.
In an effort to ensure safety, legal requirements and make sure I don't waste my time travelling to a unsuitable site:
1.  I locate the area I wish to fly in on the Google maps

Drugless - Nice Handle.  Could not agree more with the accuracy comment.
2016-12-24
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.3
United States

pinpointmapping Posted at 2016-1-26 08:56
This would allow for UAV video to be used by ArcGIS mapping software Full Motion Video extension.

Wow that requires a license...doesn't it?  Extra fee?
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2016-12-24 10:53
Your the Greatest Ken...like the ability to toggle it.  I bet you get comments on the accuracy if they put this in though!

WOW, that response I made was almost a year ago.
You now can swipe down to get rid of all the flight data.
2016-12-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2016-12-25 06:51
Had this conversation with some folks a week or two ago.  I think the gov has more accurate GPS available but does not give the general public access.  The coast guard now has landbased systems to improve on the GPS location accuracy.  Not sure if GPS or the Glonass is more accurate.  Also understand the time clock has something to do with the accuracy as well but not sure I understand that?

GPS calculates you position based on the difference in time of signals it receives from geostationary satellites that are located precisely in their positions. As light travels 300K kilometres a second, resolving distances of a few meters requires timing accuracy in the range of 10 exp -9 or a billionth of a second. Public GPS timing accuracy is in tens of a billionth of a second.
2016-12-25
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-24 16:00
WOW, that response I made was almost a year ago.
You now can swipe down to get rid of all the flight data.

Hmm. Swipe where?
I still cant find GPS coordinates.
2016-12-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules