Torn between these 3 devices
3228 28 2015-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

So, it's about time I upgrade my tablet from a Samsung Galaxy Note TWO 10.1" to something with a little more "horsepower".  I'm torn between these 3 devices and come to you guys for suggestions.  This tablet would be primarily just for the P3A so I don't need a lot of hard drive space.  In contention are:

1) Apple Ipad Air 2 w/A8X M8 processor, 3 cores, 2GB memory, 2048x1536 resolution, and weighs 1.69 pounds
2) Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 w/Exynos 5433 processor, 4 cores, 3GB memory, 2048x1536 resolution, and weighs 1.42 pounds
3) Samsung Galaxy Tab S w/Exynos 5 Octa processor, 4 cores, 3GB memory, 2560x1600 resolution and weighs 1.61 pounds

Love to hear pros/cons on each and why you would or wouldn't purchase it.  Looking to make the purchase late October time or maybe early November so no real rush.  All are about the same in price within $50 of each other.  Thanks everyone! LOL, help me spend my money!
Single SelectVote, Total 70 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

84.29% (59)
14.29% (10)
1.43% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

i love apple products, even with lower specs they work so much better then android and windows
2015-9-27
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

I bought an iPad mini 4 this week. Works well and the holder supports it better than my iPad Air 2 as its lighter.
2015-9-27
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I Just bought an iPad Air 2 myself and I have an iPad Mini 2 (which is actually the perfect size and fits perfect in my P3 Case).   I can't tell you how well I like it yet though because it is not here yet.  Should be here Tuesday.  I wanted something with GPS and a barometer so I got the the a cellular version.  I already have the inspire device holder so it can handle the extra weight and I got have the shoulder strap.  The iPad Mini 4 with cellular (for the GPS)  might be the better Apple choice though (same processor as the iPad Air 2).  Since I already had  an iPad Min 2, I decided to go with the Air 2 for the bigger screen size.

Good luck.
2015-9-27
Use props
phillbarnes9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-27 14:39
I Just bought an iPad Air 2 myself and I have an iPad Mini 2 (which is actually the perfect size and ...

I've been using the iPad Air 2 but find it to bulky so just got (getting) the iPad mind 4.  
2015-9-27
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

phillbarnes9@gm Posted at 2015-9-27 08:33
I've been using the iPad Air 2 but find it to bulky so just got (getting) the iPad mind 4.

Yes, I will probably find it bulky as well especially after using my iPad Mini 2.   If I could only have one device now it would be the iPad Mini 4 with cellular (for the GPS).
2015-9-27
Use props
bullingerbrian
lvl.1

United States

iPad Air 2.. The screen is questionable but it's the fastest tablet out!
2015-9-27
Use props
msoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

I have iPad mini 2 with cellular service. It fits perfect in the holder.
2015-9-27
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

Use iPad mini 2 and its perfect. 100% compatible, fits in the holder, not too heavy and works like a dream everytime.
2015-9-27
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Hmmmm, never thought about the Mini 2.  Even with the smaller memory size and it being dual core vs. 3 cores on the Air2 a lot of you recommend it?  I wouldn't be getting the cellular version as I have no need for Follow Me.  But the size of the Air 2 appeals to me as I like to see as much as possible and have easier screen controls.  Great info so far guys!  I appreciate it!
2015-9-27
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-27 11:09
Hmmmm, never thought about the Mini 2.  Even with the smaller memory size and it being dual core vs. ...

Yes, I have to say, I like my Mini 2 and have not had any problems with it.  I have never used a bigger device so I have no input one way or the other on the bigger screen but I look forward to finding out sometime after Tuesday then I might be able to comment on which I like better.
2015-9-27
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-27
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-9-27
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

iPad mini 3 w/wireless and cellular...perfect....
2015-9-27
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-9-27 19:45
FYI. The Tab S is a better tablet than the Tab S2

What makes it better?
2015-9-27
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Samsung is best for freedom. So many options, even without rooting.
Apple feels cool. Good if you want to use it with legit programs. Their screens seem better.
Apples processors used to be the best, because of the way they could handle data slightly more efficiently at the same speed as others. Not sure if that's still the same. Anyone?

I bought an iPad Air 2, just because DJI seems to be more compatible and stable compared to my Samsung devices.
I have DJI GO, and that 'Commute' game on my iPad. I don't use it for anything else.
If it was a Samsung, I could be using it for more apps, but I guess this keeps the tablet nice and streamline.
2015-9-28
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I haven't used the Air 2. My opinion is that it is a double edged sword.  The screen real estate is nice, but the size also seems like it would be just a little too big to deal with.

It's the same reason I just got an iphone 6S. I liked the screen size of the 6S Plus, but it just seemed too big to deal with for everyday use fitting in a pocket.

I use a mini 3 cellular (borrowed) with a mini 4 to be delivered today. I think it just seems to be the right size for the task.

2015-9-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

If you want the performance of the iPad Air 2 but want a smaller screen consider the new iPad Mini 4.  It has the same A8 processor as the iPad Air 2....  Just smaller size.

http://www.apple.com/ipad-mini-4/
2015-9-28
Use props
Two Snakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241457 ft
United States

Apple vs Android.  As a IT professional getting many questions daily from operators of both my suggestion is stay with the operating system you are comfortable with.  This way you avoid the learning curve needed to change device if you are not familiar.  On a side note I personally like Android.  
2015-9-28
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

2015-9-28
Use props
deanO Aussie
lvl.2
Australia

My ipad mini 3 is better to use than my samsung s6.  seems faster, with little lag so i would prefer the mini. Bigger screen is better too and it isn't heavy to hang on to.
2015-9-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Hold off on any buying for now till we see if the dust settles on the DJI app, kind of worthless at the moment with a buggy firmware and a future locked down firmware......
2015-9-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

iPad Air 2 64GB Celluar here, & love it. No lag, no heat. Certainly kept stable in the Inspire 1 device holder.
I couldn't be happier. Unless it was an iPad Air 3 128GB Cellular. ;- and it will be, when ever they are eventually released.
When the fanfare of the iPad Pro dies down, it will be the next big seller. Guaranteed, for sure.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-29
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-28 23:20
Hold off on any buying for now till we see if the dust settles on the DJI app, kind of worthless at  ...

Yeah, I wasn't going to make any purchases for at least a month anyway, HOPEFULLY by then we'll know what's going on with the Go App "lockdown".
2015-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

By then there might also be more news on Apple's eventual iPad Air 3 release date. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-29
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

I replied earlier about getting an Air 2 soon but was currently using iPad Min2 and loved it.   I thought the Air 2 would be bulky or heavy.  I was wrong.  I use the shoulder strap and I love this thing.  It really is nicer having a larger screen!   The jaws on the device holder all the way open and it fits perfect.  I even put it in the sun hood and it fit without any problems (solid) with the Inspire 1 Device holder.

2015-9-30
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Devices I have/use in order of preference (both inspire and P3P)
1) iPad Air 2 - big screen, powerful, just works
2) iPad Mini 4 - small screen, otherwise similar to Air 2
3) Samsung Tab S 8.4 - Only used when others not charged or for 'intelligent flight' when don't care about a smooth picture from craft - solid on paper, not so much in reality

Air 2 and Tab S have been in use for the I1 since Feb and P3P since whenever it released, much experience with these tablets/craft.  These tablets are strictly for playing with these crafts, so minimal if anything beyond flying apps/data on them.

GT
2015-10-1
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Sure looks like I know what I want to do!  These are great results everyone!  Now just to see if that price drop ever happens.......and assuming I can wait that long now! LOL.  Of course I've seen some really good deals online, but I'm one that likes to buy "big" things like this in person.......just a personal thing I guess.
2015-10-1
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Well I found a deal I couldn't pass up tonight. Found a air 2 brand new for $360 and jumped on it! Bought the 2 year Apple care just to be safe. Only thing I'm not happy with is it came with iOS 9 already installed, with a prompt to upgrade to 9.02. Think I'll hold off on that till I play around a bit more. Thank you everyone for all the help on and offline!
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules