Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot Connect the Phantom 3 Remote Controller to the Samsung tablets.
8206 11 2015-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mvn591014
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38537 ft
United States

I just picked the DJI Phantom 3 package from UPS last week. I purchased it from Amazon LLC. After carefully unpacking the package, reviewing the documents as well the instructional videos, I came to the conclusion that I must have a specific Apple device in order to use the Phantom 3. I thought that the Phantom 3 could run on Android based devices, due to connectivity with the remote controller.

My current Android devices are the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and the Samsung Note 10.1.
Pick up of the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced at UPS center (7).jpg
Pick up of the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced at UPS center (22).jpg
2015-9-27
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

I have the Samsung galaxy A5 phone, S6 edge phone, galaxy note 10.1 and the galaxy tab S2 9.7 and all of them work well with both the DJI app and the Litchi app. The note 10.1 is 3 years old and i had to upgrade the firmware first. otherwise no problem
2015-9-27
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You may need to enable USB debug mode.. I had to on my Tab S2

1: Ensure your device is not connected to another device via the USB cable.
2: From the Home screen, select “Apps” > “Settings“.
3: Select “General” at the top of the screen.
4: Scroll down on the left pane and select “About device“.
5: Tap the “Build number” area 7 times. You should get a message that indicates developer mode is enabled.
6: You should now have a “Developer options” selection available on the left pane. Select it.
7: Under the “Debugging” area, check the “USB debugging” check box.
2015-9-27
Use props
juanpaulofloren
lvl.2

Malaysia

How is the lag using the Samsung Tab?
2015-9-28
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tab S2 is not bad..

2015-9-28
Use props
dmoerman
lvl.1

United States

Can someone clarify for me just which Samsung tabs are compatible with Phantom 3??  
2015-9-29
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

dmoerman Posted at 2015-9-29 18:10
Can someone clarify for me just which Samsung tabs are compatible with Phantom 3??

I remember that I already saw it on the specifications page here: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/spec
Recommended Devices
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Z3 EXPERIA, MI 3, MI PAD

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2015-9-29
Use props
ziggyzoomba49
lvl.1

United States

Here's another question. If the iPad Air 2 is a recommended device (which I bought) then why do they not include a holder for it? The holder on a Phantom 3 Standard will hold a phone but not a tablet. Is there places to purchase one?
2015-10-11
Use props
mvn591014
lvl.2
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-28 02:39
You may need to enable USB debug mode.. I had to on my Tab S2

1: Ensure your device is not connecte ...

Tap on my "Build Number" numerous times. Nothing happens!

Delete DJI GO app and re-install it again. This time, the app doesn't recognize the connection between the controller and the quadcopter as the latter main LED flashes red.

I have tried everything suggested on official DJI websites and blogs from individuals, and from U Tube. Nothing works so far.
2015-12-12
Use props
mvn591014
lvl.2
United States

dmoerman Posted at 2015-9-29 10:10

From all the information I have gathered and drawn conclusion from, you need to use or purchase the latest Android version mobile devices for the latest DJI GO app.

This is because the latest DJI GO app uses lots of processing power, lots of RAM memory, and lots of battery power. Some Phantom users reported that the DJI GO app is draining their iPhone battery even after it was turned off.
2015-12-12
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

mvn591014@gmail Posted at 2015-12-12 11:43
From all the information I have gathered and drawn conclusion from, you need to use or purchase th ...

No, that is incorrect. I am running a 9" Nook HD+ that is >2 years old. No lag whatsoever. Connects every time. Granted, it is rooted and running a custom ROM with a lot of extra tweaks, but it runs almost flawlessly. The one glitch it has is tolerable.

Now running Litchi is a different story as it needs more processing power than the Go app. I cannot run the Litchi app at all on my current setup.
2015-12-12
Use props
cj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265121 ft
United States

Make sure you've downloaded and installed all updates available. If you haven't, you can't connect to the tablet.
2015-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules