LED Light codes
3363 5 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky084
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71083 ft
Australia

Ok here's another newbie question: When I power up in Naza mode (and I wait at least 30 secs to a minute), I get 5 slow green flashes and then a blur of red flashes then it repeats. (I do not currently have a smart phone yet, I'm just trying to get used to flying the thing, so I have no idea how many satellites I'm getting.)

If I'm in Phantom mode I get 4 slow green flashes and then a blur of red, then it repeats.

I'm not game to fly it without knowing what it's doing.

Rob.
2014-9-22
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You are confusing me by saying that you are switching between Phantom and Naza modes, you mean by hooking up to the PC and changing modes in the assistant software ? If so you need to run the IMU calibration and then do the compass calibration outside after switching modes as it resets the data.

If you are running without a phone for telemetry then I would stay in Phantom mode and wait for Green only before flying.
2014-9-22
Use props
sky084
lvl.1
Australia

What I mean is, that after hooking up to the PC and changing to either the Phantom or Naza modes I get the previously mentioned codes.

5 green lights followed by several fast red and then 5 green followed by several fast reds etc in Naza. Then if I switch back via the PC to Phantom I get 4 greens followed by several reds, 4 greens followed by several fast reds etc.

I have done (I think) the IMU calibration after each change.
2014-9-23
Use props
snewton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22198 ft
United Kingdom

Hello. Something's not right. In Naza mode you should be gettingone green flash, followed by a few slow reds until you have a good lock.

And FYI I've never (nor never had to) recalibrate my IMU or compass switching between modes - maybe mine's different but flipping around between modes doesn't seem to impact the IMU or compass (indeed why should it?).
2014-9-23
Use props
sky084
lvl.1
Australia

I think I have figured it out. I m close to an airport (3 km or so in a straight line). Now having read the manual again, I see on page 46 that it describes what I'm getting as far as weird light sequences.
2014-9-23
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

snewton Posted at 2014-9-23 17:20
Hello. Something's not right. In Naza mode you should be gettingone green flash, followed by a few s ...

Well I will bow to your superior knowledge Simon, unless your beverage of choice has gone to your head.
I was sure I read somewhere that you should calibrate after switching to NAZA....
2014-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules