2.7K 60fps Request
2171 5 2014-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fsucharles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348425 ft
United States

If possible could we see 2.7k @ 60fps.  To me it has a few perks, first,  if you're downscaling to 1080, it gives a good amount of frame to play with in post.  Second, 60fps is nice to help with smoothing out the small bumps and helps slow things down.  Small request I hope,
2014-12-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

That resolution and frame rate is not offered on the Inspire.  4K, 1080p and 720p.
2014-12-15
Use props
Fsucharles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348425 ft
United States

It was a wish... a nice middle ground if you will.  Perhaps a future thing.  Thanks for all you do Ed.
2014-12-15
Use props
skyml
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4741906 ft
United States

I am sure this is one of the reasons why many were hoping for a future mount for cameras like the GoPro where they can have more options with frame rates and resolution not to mention other options for lenses.  The Inspire 1 is an interesting Platform but it's important to remember that it's just that, a platform. It would truly be a more versatile platform if swapping cameras where possible so as to give the user more tools in the basket so to say.  DJi has hinted that this may happen but they sure have been awfully quiet about it.  For someone like me, the camera is everything. Dji realizes that, otherwise we would have the Inspire in hand already. The current  production delay is supposedly caused by a problem found in the existing camera.   Dji is working to make that better from what we understand.  I only hope that their innovation doesn't stop there and that they truly do follow up on their promise to provide exciting promises on future camera options for this little flying camera platform
2014-12-15
Use props
bk.greenmowing
New

Canada

skyml Posted at 2014-12-16 03:43
I am sure this is one of the reasons why many were hoping for a future mount for cameras like the Go ...

I must agree with you, Fsucharles, 60fps is the way forward.
If DJI upped their ante, and produced a "GoPro" copy camera, but had a better lens with no distortion, they would have a winner.
Clearly.
Without the ability to record "higher-then-FHD/1080p" resolution at frame rates exceeding 30fps, they have next to no market for their product. To be truly appealing to more than the geek crowd, they must have either 4K60p, or 2.7K60p, the latter standard on the updated GoPro Hero4 Black.

HEAR ME DJI!!!!! Do as GoPro does, offer a free software update to allow existing cameras to run at higher fps, and a mid-way 2.7K/2.5K resolution...!!!... (offer a 2560x1440 WQHD resolution option as it works better with existing monitors...)

Anyone and everyone wanting 60fps at high resolution, petition below!!!
2015-2-20
Use props
Todd_perkins78
lvl.1

United States

I'm with you on that. would love to see 60fps
2015-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules