Any downside to quick release props?
678 6 2015-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FergusH
New
United States

Hi,

My apologies if this has been asked before but I'm wondering if there are any downsides to the quick release propellors. After a crash, I need to buy new propellers and I'm wondering if there's any reason not to switch to the new type.

Thanks.
2015-9-28
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know of a single reason NOT to switch to the QR props.
2015-9-28
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just be mindful to check the bases for cracks prior to flight
2015-9-28
Use props
nebelung
lvl.3
Flight distance : 613615 ft
United States

Some people feel that the plastic base could break, and there is a completely new prop locking system on the new Inspire Pro, which is probably an improvement.

Personally I am sticking with the self tightening ones (and the locks) for now. Seems pretty bombproof.
2015-9-28
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

nebelung Posted at 2015-9-28 14:10
Some people feel that the plastic base could break, and there is a completely new prop locking syste ...

Where have you seen that there is a new system of props and locks on the I1 pro, are they available ? please point to the source of your info,  
2015-9-28
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

The new props that are coming out are going to be an amazing improvement and the locking system is almost that of locking the gimble down. Take a look on the forum for the
unboxing inspire 1 pro and you will see what I am talking about. Let's just hope we can purchase the new locks and props for the inspire 1.
2015-9-28
Use props
Midnightrider
lvl.2

United States

Never a problem with mine! (knock) (knock) (knock)
2015-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules