Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filter Screw too tight
1114 8 2015-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlosbsantana
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I was trying to remove the stock UV filter the P3 comes with and I found it impossible, it is extremely tight and I can't seem to find a solution here on how to unscrew. What worries me the most is damaging the gimbal by forcing it too much, I tried it both with and without the gimbal clamp. Any help is truly appreciated
2015-9-29
Use props
alirz1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

i had that issue also. I realized that i tended to press too hard on the filter while trying to turn it and it was not un screwing.
Then i realized i had to have a lighter grip on the lens and make sure to turn it anti clockwise, at the same time making sure im not pressing it inward towards the camera. It loosened very easily with that.
2015-9-29
Use props
carlosbsantana
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320591 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

alirz1 Posted at 2015-9-29 16:21
i had that issue also. I realized that i tended to press too hard on the filter while trying to turn ...

Just did that and I feel incredibly stupid worked like magic!
2015-9-29
Use props
Beau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to use a rubber band and a pair of vice grip things, with a light twist.
2015-9-29
Use props
gottysports
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Rubber gloves
2015-9-29
Use props
SectorDrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

your grip is too tight !!
2015-9-29
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

I had the same problem then read a post where someone suggested using a rubber band around the UV filter.   Used the rubber band and I was able to unscrew the UV Filter without much force.
2015-9-30
Use props
vii777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87152 ft
United States

Tnx for this guys. I think I came close to crushing mine trying to unscrew it to put on new nd4 filter. I now have a few rubber bands in my pack
2015-10-16
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.4

United States

I have found this worked immediately, because there is zero uneven radial force applied on the filter barrel.  Just push the flat portion of an eraser up against the front of the filter to provide some friction, then turn.

Viola!
2015-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules