Phantom 3 Standard Issues
17427 25 2015-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
batmanreturn
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi guys,
I received my Phantom 3 Standard last week after having bought it from the official website.
DHL was fast to deliver and took them only 3 working days. With high anticipation, i opened the box and tried to do an account registration with the Go App which took like 20mins because it apparently does not allow me to do so. I figured out later, that by turning off the remote, u can allow it to register your account successfully.

Also, I know there are a ton of problems that pilots are now experiencing with their birds with the new firmware update. With GPS signal loss, Follow Me and other features wont be able to work properly. Live Video Feed is lag for me and is not able to work after about 100m. There is no video as 'No Signal' is seen.

The only way to resolve them (I believe) is to rollback the version to 1.3 for Advanced/Professional.

May I know if there are any viable solutions for Standard users at the moment?

A lot of users discussed about their issues here, but i seldom see any pics uploaded.
I took a few and was wondering if this is what you guys have experienced as well.

I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus with IOS 8.0.2
Cannot enable follow me

Home point was not successfully recorded

No Signal

Radio Channel Quality Poor

Strong Interference

Kind Regards,
Leslie

2015-9-29
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

A couple of observations rather than solutions:-

1.  All the issues are in the same location could there be strong interference where you are? - I flew yesterday and had the same issue - was safe to fly though and I just kept the bird close by. - Have you tried a location that is in a open green field with no concrete.
2.  No SD card in - dont think this will cause a problem but why no sd card in the bird - I always have one in when I am flying and have no issues.
3.  The GPS signal being too weak could either be your location or a problem with the bird

I am sorry that doesnt give you the solution as I am a fellow standard user - mine just works and when I get warnings there is normally a good reason due to the location and I take it easy
2015-9-29
Use props
batmanreturn
lvl.1

Singapore

Stan1970 Posted at 2015-9-30 14:05
A couple of observations rather than solutions:-

1.  All the issues are in the same location could  ...

Yup,

1. I tried with another different location in the middle of an open field in a park and still getting the same errors.
2. Also tried with my SD card in previously but had forgotten to insert it in yesterday.
3. Not sure if it is my GPS fault with the phone, but im having a 4G connection, and i have no problem surfing net or viewing videos on YouTube on my phone.
2015-9-29
Use props
MarkCahill
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

have my Phantom 3 since the 17th of September. I have updated to the version 2.2.0 of the DJI Go app and since then I have received a "No Signal" message in the app. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5. On a few occasions I have re-installed the app and the first use of the app gives me the live view, however if I power off the Phantom. Other than the "No Signal" and the corresponding lack of a FPV live view, else works fine. There are no other errors presented through the app or through the Led's on the Phantom 3.

Firmware is version for the Phantom 3 (v1.4.0010) and its controller (v1.3.20) and the android app is 2.2.0.

I have tried the following:
1. Have the controller in close proximity to the Phantom.
2. Have both the controller and the Phantom in a remote location away from power lines, buildings, wifi signals and anything that may interfere with the signal.
3. Re-installing the DJI Go app (as mentioned above this has worked occasionally, and when it has it has only been for the first time after install)
4. I have changed the cable between the controller and the Galaxy S5.
5. I have tried to re-link the controller to the Phantom.
6. I have cleared the flight logs and formatted the SD card (from the app).
7. In the DJI Go app I have selected reset to default settings.
8. IMU calibration
9. Gimbal auto-calibration
10. Removed and re-inserted the MicroSD card (while the Phantom is powered off).
11. Checked the cables on the camera for any loose connections and any damage.
12. I have installed the DJI go app on a Nexus Tablet and this shows the same error.

Yesterday I updated the Android app to version  2.3.0 (as this was only released then), as I hoped that this would fix the issue and has not.

I logged the above as an issue with DJI support on the 28th of September and received a ticket number, but have not heard from them since.  I also called the UK number support number yesterday and they told me they could not help as I did not buy from them (they are just a partner and not DJI), so they gave me  a number is Holland to call. I called this number in Holland and they gave me and email address to send the details to and I sent this email, they were supposed to contact me back but never did. I will be on the phone this morning as soon as they come online.

I am very frustrated at this point as I the Phantom are not cheap and the level of support is extremely poor.

Mark.
2015-9-29
Use props
batmanreturn
lvl.1

Singapore

MarkCahill Posted at 2015-9-30 14:48
Hi,

have my Phantom 3 since the 17th of September. I have updated to the version 2.2.0 of the DJI ...

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that u are having the same issues with many of the users here as well. I think some of them has also submitted tickets regarding this. Please keep us posted!

In the meantime lets hope they will come up with a firmware fix for this issue soon..
I was almost certain my P3S No signal is due to no Lightbridge (only has Wifi Live Video Feed), until i read many of the forumers (using P3A/P3P) distress over the same issue.

-Leslie
2015-9-29
Use props
MarkCahill
New

United Kingdom

batmanreturn Posted at 2015-9-30 08:00
Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear that u are having the same issues with many of the users here as well. I t ...

Leslie,

Thanks for your empathy, I have been talking to DJI support on the phone and via email over a week and a half period. This was very frustrating as I called their UK, Holland and German numbers (all on the website) and each country passed me between around like pass the parcel (as well as some emails from China). Nobody want to help until one very useful support technician in Germany ensured that I got a concrete response from the Tech team in Holland. The end result been that I have to ship (and pay for shipping) to Holland from Ireland, paying for shipping is something that I am not happy about considering how much I paid for the Phantom however I feel I have very little choice in the matter.

I will let you know what the next chapter bring... Stay tuned...

- Mark
2015-10-9
Use props
angelpilot4u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199826 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I think the Standard is a very low quality Phantom, in the same week 2 of my friends bought P3S, one of them could not fly over 20 meters, then kept switching to go home because of the lost of signal, the second person the RC controlled the P3S quite far but a no signal kept occurring over 20 meters also with the lost of telemetry data and video. These were problems fresh out of the box on the first flight, same scenario, DJI ask the flight files but could not determine what the problem was and ask to ship them to Hong-kong, and they would replace the broken parts.  Shipping at the customers cost of course, and you get eventually a repaired aircraft when you actually paid for a new product. DJI has the worst customer service I have ever seen. My advice stay away from P3 standards they definitely are not worth the money they sell for.
2015-11-6
Use props
scottsmith10612
lvl.1

Australia

Have just sent my P3S back to the store for a store credit. Too many disconnects and lost signals meant it was using the RTH feature every few minutes!! Hopefully my new P3P is a bit less stressful to fly!
2015-11-6
Use props
espr3z
lvl.1

United States

The p3s lost signals and disconnects didn't start till the latest firmware came out on 9/07/2015. They need to hurry up and relase new firmware or revert firmwareback...
2015-11-18
Use props
glakhani
New

United States

Just bought a Phantom3 standard. The flight controller status LED stays solid red (it is fully charged). As per manual, it means the controller is non-functioning. Unable to connect DJI GO to the controller. Any solution? Thanks

Gopal
2015-12-5
Use props
farhan
New

United Kingdom

hi there i have exactly the same problem here just bought the p3s did you find any solutions
2015-12-25
Use props
dod1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233 ft
Ireland

I'm having the exact same issues. Home point can not be created, interference, weak signal, safe to fly non gps mode. I have 6-7 satellites locked and have the same issue in the city and wide open countryside. Any solution?
2016-3-12
Use props
dod1983
lvl.1
Ireland

dod1983 Posted at 2016-3-12 18:42
I'm having the exact same issues. Home point can not be created, interference, weak signal, safe to  ...

Got my phantom 3 standard 2 weeks ago
2016-3-12
Use props
dod1983
lvl.1
Ireland

I logged a ticket with support. They requested some screenshots from the app which i sent over. They have asked me to ship the drone to them for repair.
2016-3-14
Use props
Nightingale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44301 ft
Netherlands

Have you tried relinking the remote to you phantom? This fixed my lose of signal massage. Don't know why, it just did :-)
2016-3-14
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

dod1983 Posted at 2016-3-12 12:43
Got my phantom 3 standard 2 weeks ago

Yes take it back and buy a Advanced or Pro.  And I am Serious.  To many problems with the Standard that cant be fixed.

You will be amazed by the Advanced or Pro.

Good luck -donnie
2016-3-14
Use props
dod1983
lvl.1
Ireland

I just updated to the newest App and also a firmware upgrade. Seems to have fixed things. GPS works perfect now.
2016-3-30
Use props
stanley.tehee
New
Flight distance : 600033 ft
United States

We are getting similar results with our phantom 3 standard, we can fly to about 300 to 400 feet vertical and we loose signal with the phantom returning to home. But, if we fly away from us we can go at least 800 feet. I do not understand the difference. Has anyone been able to break past the 400 feet level?
2016-6-28
Use props
jjepilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft

stanley.tehee@g Posted at 2016-6-29 02:46
We are getting similar results with our phantom 3 standard, we can fly to about 300 to 400 feet vert ...

Antenna position adjustment. Go on the app and look at the video on antenna positioning.
2016-6-28
Use props
stanley.tehee
New
Flight distance : 600033 ft
United States

jjepilot Posted at 2016-6-28 14:25
Antenna position adjustment. Go on the app and look at the video on antenna positioning.

Tried, no luck. It's pretty sad when we can get a mile with our phantom 2 and the 3 we can't seem to get over 300 feet before it starts telling us signal loss.
2016-9-24
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

I have a bone to pick.

"Also, I know there are a ton of problems that pilots are now experiencing with their birds with the new firmware update."

That's not quite fair.
How many people have NOT had any problems ?
Have you noticed that most of the posts here are 'problems' ?
Using your logic most of the phantoms sold are having one problem or another.
My bet is a fraction of one percent of people are having FW problems.
2016-9-24
Use props
Don S.
New

United States

Question:  I have a Phantom 3 Standard and have a return to home issue.  When I take off it states the set point has been set.  When I push the return to home icon on the app and move the slider it flies home but doesn't land anywhere near my original point.  What do I need to change to get it to accurately return home?
2017-2-11
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

My p3s has been amazing.  Flies perfect great range and great signal.  I do use a windsurfer though
2017-2-11
Use props
Koula
New
Australia

Hi,  I'm a new P3S owner.  Only had it for just under a month, but too long to return it to the store.  Since day 1 I've had image transmission errors.  The video feed cuts in and out randomly.  Doesn't matter if I'm right beside the drone.  I've tried several different locations. I've done the RC link method numerous times.  I've tried turning on/off the controller, rebooting the app, etc.  Sometimes rebooting the app helps but lately it's gotten worse.

Just wondering, did I get a $600 lemon?  I've read a few forums and there doesn't seem to be any fix for this.   The drone isn't usable in this state.

NOT happy DJI{:4_142:}.
2017-5-22
Use props
fans930ea4d3
New

United States

I believe i have figured the issue with connection problem i could only control my gimble if i got that far most time i couldnt even get past the how to connect steps and get it to even have a camara option with 3 different phones finnaly i noticed once after connecting wifi that my cell data was auto switching to 4g even tho i was connected to the drone controller i was able to access my cell settings and stop it from auto switching when internt was unavalible through wifi connection i did this on all three phones and now everything works fine i was so frustrated for days
2017-5-28
Use props
ArlingtonForest
New
Flight distance : 354 ft
United States

fans930ea4d3 Posted at 2017-5-28 05:19
I believe i have figured the issue with connection problem i could only control my gimble if i got that far most time i couldnt even get past the how to connect steps and get it to even have a camara option with 3 different phones finnaly i noticed once after connecting wifi that my cell data was auto switching to 4g even tho i was connected to the drone controller i was able to access my cell settings and stop it from auto switching when internt was unavalible through wifi connection i did this on all three phones and now everything works fine i was so frustrated for days

Dude, I think you just saved me from insanity! This was a huge problem, I couldn't get my Android phone to connect most of the time. After reading your comment about the phone connecting to network when internet was not present, I found out that Android 7.1.2 does not have any option for changing this setting. SO, thanks to DJI not programming this very well, the solution is to put the phone in airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi ONLY (After you have gotten the drone registered, for that I had to use an iPad). Doing it this way let me connect reliably, but I still need to test it more.
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules