Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I just upgraded my RC with HDMI !!

Then I took off... seems to be OK.  Then I got this RC FW need Update ..

But I already have 1.3.2 ... and my P3 on 1.4.10

Behold... I check the ABOUT, my RC becomes 1.2.6

So I just upgraded again to 1.3.2 (RC only)..

SO NOW I KNOW THAT BOARD I TOOK OFF HAS THE FW STORAGE !!

Check yr RC FW whenever you change to HDMI BOARD !!
2015-9-29
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

That's really odd never haven't heard of that happening before but there yuh go.
2015-9-30
Use props
jakek
lvl.2

United States

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-30 04:56
That's really odd never haven't heard of that happening before but there yuh go.

Happened to me too.  Makes sense I guess - they have to store it somewhere.
2015-9-30
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha SectorDrone, Rocket and jakek,

When I was researching the HDMI module, I came across warnings that I would have to update my firmware.  Sure enough, when I installed the module, it said to update the firmware and the controller pulled it off of the Internet.  I think it was SectorDrone's 1.3.2.  I will say that my Android device then started getting all five of the new IOC flight options but then things went downhill until this last DJI Go update on the 29.  So, I saw it as a benefit, albeit short!  

With this, now I have to check my versions as SectorDrone noted to see how I am doing even though the flight page indicates everything is up-to-date.  But, the HDMI module has already made a big difference.  Instead of a lag jump every second or two, I get one after five to ten seconds.  Even when the drone flies behind a tree in the mountain jungle where I live the contact is much more solid.  Using waypoints after the waypoint setting mission and on a filming mission, I really noticed the difference because then I can really look at the screen.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-9-30
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha SectorDrone, Rocket and jakek,

OK, The checks came out like Sector said - App (Android) 2.3.0; Controller 1.3.20 and Firmware 1.4.10.  Everything works - and really good.  The new IOC options were hard to get consistent, but when I did get to fly the HDMI module was even more smooth than yesterday.  Today I noticed no jumps at all - virtually no lag at all.  The HDMI module is definitely worth the $100.

One weird thing though.  One post here said that there are two different versions of the new DJI Go app - one about 50 MB and one 99 MB.  While I was looking for Sector's version information, I came across a DJI request to upgrade my app to the 99 MB version.  Well, I jumped on that horse because bigger is better in my mind (under normal circumstances) and since it came from DJI, I figured it was credible (and for my Android device).  And then it got weirder.  All my efforts to get the IOC options working failed to load until I formatted my three chips (on which I had the Firmware 1.4.10 in the root directory for past experiments).  Now with the formatted chips and disabling the "Multiple Flight Modes" in the Advanced Settings option so it can be enabled from the desktop, everything seems to work.  So, at least for tomorrow, I will try to get some flights in to test if the IOC is working properly.

BTW, when you live and fly in this mountain jungle, just getting your P3 home in one piece is cause for celebration.  Raise one for the P3 - it came home!

Alohia and Droine One!
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules