Phantom 2 vision plus camera lens sun hood.
1305 2 2015-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,  Can anyone give me some advice on camera lens sun hoods for my Vision plus?   What I am aiming at is A) To eliminate the prop shadow lines.  and B) To be able to try and keep the camera in a higher or upper position to try and keep the horizon more level and straight.  I am willing to try anything to improve the quality of my videos, and I am open to all tips and ideas. (Even the crazy mad ones)   (".)   Thanking you all in advance.

Ps. I have added a link below so just lightlight it and open ....I hope it works.  The music is the US Marines Band playing "Anchors Aweigh"

Regards  Ian.

2015-9-30
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Ian, the video was pretty good. However the bright sun is a photographers enemy. Most pro when shooting g outside will shoot early in morning or late in the evening to get the best shots so the sun is less of an issue. Defiantly they love shooting on overcast days too. They plan their shots. If they have to shoot in the bright sunlight due to deadlines etc. then they make use of filters and shades  and reflectors to kill the shadows. To stop the props from getting into the shot two things come to mind. Angle the camera down a little more and slow the flight down so the Quad doesn't have to angle so hard in the wind. There are lenses available and also sun shade protectors. Both add very little weight and can help in the light. Myself I pick the am/pm fly times. Look at your video again and you'll see the shadows and what I mean.
2015-10-2
Use props
moxy149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-10-2 09:03
Ian, the video was pretty good. However the bright sun is a photographers enemy. Most pro when shoot ...

Hi Roy, Thanks for the tips and comments and I will be more prepared the next time I shoot some footage.  I had planned my approach to this subject and the plan was to shoot the approach, the passing, and passing between the piers.  When the boat leaves the dock it always sounds the horn but this time it didn't and I was caught on the hop, and so the planning went out of the window. I had just finished setting up when I noticed the boat was along side me, and after that I was playing "Catch-up", and the results were pretty dismal.  Thanks again for the advice.

Regards  Ian.
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules