lightbridge and aux channels
7581 17 2014-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

How can i get light bridge to activate my retracts and my lights on my f550 with naza-m v2 like i can when i use the pc ground station? I plug my lights relay into the naxa-m  f1 port and my retracts into f2 on the naza-m v2 and in ground station your able to use the f1 and f2 ports as aux channels. When i use my spektrum dx9 and and my ar9020 spektrum receiver i connect my lights relay and retracts to the aux channels on my receiver and again im good. But when i take my receiver off and install light bridge i can't assign the 8th channel light bridge offers to the f1 or f2 ports on the naza-m v2. So when i use my lightbridge i can't use my retracts or remotely control my lights. .  
I haven't even been able to find a d-bus decoder cuz i could use that if it existed to operate the 8th channel lb sends up to the craft.  If lb used s-bus they do make a s-bus decoder for using pwm servos and relays with s-bus receivers but nothing for d-bus.  Im hoping dji will put out a naza assistant that eliminates gimble control on naxa-m v2 f1 and f2 ports that no one uses for gimbles anyway and allow those 2 ports to become pwm aux channels when using d-bus or even s-bus receivers like futaba and light bridge. . I love LB allot but i need my lights for landing in the dark and i Need my retracts for obvious reasons. .  

Anyone able to help me or knows of a solution please. . Please help me or let me know. ..  i know it's possible because the pc ground station is able to do it so I'm sure it would be easy for LB to have the same ability.  X1 snd x2 ports can be assigned to ioc or gimble control or even gains adjustments. So why not do something similar with the f1 and f2 ports? They are there so let's utilize them..  

Light bridge is awesome DJI but we need at least 1 or 2 aux channels too..  even if the h3-3d gimble was supported like the other 3 where we could map channels to gimble functionsi would probably get something to work out for me. I could then assign the 8th channel to gimble tilt and leave ch 7 tied to the naza-m v2 fw port and them could use my lights or retracts then...  or if i could assign a 3 position switch to 2 functions even world be nice. .  We just need a little more control over channel mapping and the ability to use the naza-m v2's f1 and f2 ports as pwm aux channels.  Like i said Earlier, they work as aux channels with the pc ground station so please get them working like that with LightBridge

Thanks

Mark
2014-12-15
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hi mark,
you need a futaba HUB (LB & expander connected in X2) and an SBUS expander and than you can use 3 channels more
2014-12-16
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Will that work with non- sbus servos? I thought about that myself but i would need to split the control wires connecting LB to naza but my lights relay and retracts use the traditional pwm signals like spektrum receivers out put, 2nd I've gotta set naza to D-bus in the naza assistant  for LB to work, Naza gives 3 options for the receiver type. Traditional, Sbus, and Dbus and naza has to be set to: Dbus, Tradition and PPM. Ive gotta set naza to Dbus in order for light bridge to be able to communicate with the naza. Are Dbus and Sbus the same thing? I've found many solutions for Sbus but nothing for Dbus.  Dji does make a Dbus adapter for the A2 that will take the 7ch from a traditional pwm receiver and turn them into a Dbus signal for their A2 controller but i can't find any documentation on it that will tell you what the switch positions mean or if it's capable of both pwm to Dbus  and also Dbus to pwm.  It would be my solution of it did but its $200 usd and i don't wanna spend that if it is just going to sit in my tackle box...  My last queation is what is ppm and what receiver uses it? I know my dx9 uses ppm if connecting to its trainer port..

Thanks,

Mark
2014-12-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need an aftermarket dbus decoder.. This one works:
http://www.fpvmodel.com/rmilec-h ... verter-v2_g478.html
2014-12-18
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Thank you..  would be nice if dji let the naza-m v2 f1 and f2 ports be mapped though. . Im curious to see if im going to get all 9ch with this or if light bridge will only send the 8 up to the craft.  I will post an answer once i find out
2014-12-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Lightbridge will map up to 16 channels.  After that it is the Assistant that assigns them and calibrates them.  The problem is that the Phantom, Naza v1 and v2, and the WKM do not have the capability to map channels the way the A2 does.  Old tech vs new tech.  Times change.
2014-12-18
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

When i fly with ground station im able to use the f1 and f2 ports on naza-m v2 like aux channels so I'm sure it would be an easy fix to allow LB to map to them like ground station does, hopefully dji makes it possible.  $200 ground station does what i Need it too but $1400 LB won't, i just don't think that is ok. If i could run my receiver with LB it wouldn't be an issue.  
Also i meant if i use futsba sbus decoder with light bridge will it out put only chanel 8 of my dx9 or all 9ch? Or just the unused channels? Meaning lb is only seeing 8 of my 9ch of my dx9 in the assistant app but will all 9ch be sent up to the craft still?
2014-12-19
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I bought a sbus decoder and now I'm able to use ch 8 for my lights or retracts but LB won't send ch 9 to the air unit, the ground unit won't realize ch 9 either..  there are 16 sliders under channel mapping for each controller input on LB but only 8 channels will work. . Any ideas on how to make ch 9 be noticed by LB?
2015-1-3
Use props
livethrive
New

United States

mark97564@gmail Posted at 2015-1-4 09:11
I bought a sbus decoder and now I'm able to use ch 8 for my lights or retracts but LB won't send ch  ...

I can't get channel 6 to work for my retracts. I have T8J, naza v2, lightbridge. Does nothing for me on channel 6, i know i have it mapped properly.
2015-1-9
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I bought a frysky sbus decoder and frysky sbus servo programmer and I programmed ch 8 to ch1 on the decoder and then plugged a servo cable Y adapter into the naza-m x2 port with light bridge and frysky sbus decoder all plugged in together with t Y cable.  and it decodes ch 8 and I been having to use it for my retracts and just plugging my led light relay into the naza gimble port and turn it on in the naza assistant, then when I aim the camera down the lights will come on cuz the signal needed to aim the gimble tilt down also is what my pwm controlled relay needs to activate..  If I could get lightbridge to send all 9 ch from my dx9 I would have what I need by using the decoder, or if dji would let lightbridge controll the naza gimble ports like the ground station can I could eliminate some wires and the decoder cuz then the gimble ports on the naza could be used as 2 pwm aux ports, so I hope they do something cuz 2 pm aux ports I needed on on craft minimum, or if someone starts making retracts with sbus servos, but then still screwed cuz lightbridge won't see ch9 on my spektrum dx9. It only sees 8 of the channels no matter what I do
2015-1-10
Use props
pall_oliver
New

Spain

God day
I have Naza V2, Zennuse H3-3D and Lightbridge mounted on my Quadkopter
How could I connect F1, F2 ports in in the air unit to control the gimbal?
Should I install an adapter, hub or decoder? Which one exactly?
By the way I can not upgrade the gimbal firmware from Naza assistant software, dose not show the IMU at all.

Thanks
Oliver

2015-9-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

You don't..  They communicate thru the can bus cable you connect between napa and the gimble's imu
2015-9-8
Use props
mando1187
lvl.1

United States

mark97564@gmail Posted at 2015-1-11 04:08
I bought a frysky sbus decoder and frysky sbus servo programmer and I programmed ch 8 to ch1 on the  ...

Hi Mark,

Did you ever get things working properly? im about to start doing all this and am considering just upgrading to a used A2 if i can get it cheap
2016-6-6
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Using 8 ch on my dx9 I got it to work like I stated above, but it wasn't good enough for me so I bought a futaba T14SG and sold the dx9 and now I'm able to use my sbus decoder for all of the channels..  I can even tap into ch1 thru 7 if I want. But my 4ch decoder is being used to decode ch 8 for retracts, ch 9 for my LEDs and I still have 2 more ch available on the decoder for ch 10 and ch 11 ..  I would need another sbus decoder if I want to use ch 12.  Ch 13 and 14 don't come out the trainer port though so I have to use a futaba receiver if I want all 14 channels but 12 is more than enough for me...  Plus ch 13 and 14 are digital on and off only channels. They aren't pwm so useless to me anyway....
2016-8-20
Use props
fansee8825fa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 475719 ft
United States

ducpeter Posted at 2014-12-16 00:31
hi mark,
you need a futaba HUB (LB & expander connected in X2) and an SBUS expander and than you can use 3 channels more

Hello my friend. Im very new to building drones. I recently bought a F550 with lightbridge, naza m v2, isod mini, zenmuse h43d, BTU, CanHUB, and DT7 RC w/ DR16 receiver. I need to learn the ins and outs on the function of these systems. I was reading your post and its to my understanding after reading it is that i will not need to use my receiver since i have lightbridge air uint? I need to learn a lot i know any if you could give me any help and advise Id greatly appreciate it. so far i have fram build with motors,esc and naza with everthing else besides lightbridge connected. how do I program my retracable landing gear to my rc?
2017-8-9
Use props
rchobby
lvl.1

United States

http://www.ztwshop.com
2017-12-25
Use props
rchobby
lvl.1

United States

li like it

[url=http://www.freewing-model.comhttp://www.freewing-model.com[/url]
2017-12-25
Use props
slbrisco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 516132 ft
Germany

Hello,

I have bought a Lightbridge 1 for transmitting my Video Signal from my cablecam to a beamer...

Now my question is, can I connect my Walkera G3D Gimbal (using the RX signal from the standard transmitter for ROLL and PITCH )??

And how can I connect it with my Lightbridge?

Otherwise I have to use the Lightbridge for Video only and do the other functions with my receiver...

Thank you all for useful answers.
2019-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules