Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin M vibrating loudly on tilt down
2724 3 2015-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stewart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6032398 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My Ronin-M has started to vibrate loudly when I tilt the camera down. The camera/payload is a Sony A7RII with a 35mm f/1.4 Zeiss lens. It starts to vibrate at apporox 40 degrees right through to 90 degrees.  I have attached a screen grab of the assistant app. I have balanced the payload so it holds position when moved to any position. I have calibrated the system, I have used the "Auto tune stabilty" feature on the app. I recently upgraded the IMU and CGU firmware. Any thoughts for trouble shooting? I turned the stiffness right down as you can see on the tilt axis and still at "5 stiffnes" I get vibrating. I've had the ROnin for 2 weeks.
Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 12.57.31 pm.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 12.55.49 pm.png
2015-9-30
Use props
stewart
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I fixed the issue in relation to the vibrations, I reset all my settings back to default/straight out the box.  Re-calibrated and then auto stabilized. It wasn't making the vibrations before with the exact same settings and then after the IMU  and CGU update it started vibrating as mentioned earlier.  Co-incidental, who knows.

The DJI assistant app is still creating issues after the latest update, when I change a figure and press write, nothing happens. The values change but the change is not reflected in the speed responses.  I tried minimum and maximum speed settings and no change. I tried re-starting after doing the adjustments, I tried doing a power re-start.  
2015-10-2
Use props
Ventuza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71726 ft
Canada

I notice that the Tilt Stiffness on the motor is very low.
That means there's not enough power to hold the rig in position on the tilt axis.
When the rig starts to tilt down, the system tries to keep it in place and there's a tug of war between the two, and there you go ..  you have a vibrator. ;-)
On my Ronin M the power / stiffness on the Tilt is quite low too (12) , If I try to up it, to be like what I have on the roll or the pan axis, it starts vibrating badly too ! I suspect it tries so hard to keep it in place that a ping pong effect happens again. I would prefer max stiffness on everything from the start and then dial it down.

Good luck !
Please share your experiences !
2015-10-24
Use props
stewart
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Ventuza Posted at 2015-10-25 04:43
I notice that the Tilt Stiffness on the motor is very low.
That means there's not enough power to ho ...

Thanks for your input. I will give this a go and see how it pans out
2015-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules