Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Open Port
1668 12 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fubar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 705020 ft
United States

Does anybody know what the open / unused port on the I1 is for? I noticed it when I had the nose piece off the other day and wondered about expansion possibilities.
2015-10-1
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Do you mean the micro USB port on the back? I know it can be used for developer-related things and you can run the PC simulator by connecting the Inspire 1 via USB to the computer but other than that I don't know. It'd be nice to use it as a charger, it'd only take, what, 40 hours to do the 100Wh battery? Hahaha...
2015-10-8
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 13:38
I don't think that's the one in question.

The clue in the post is that he (or she...) removed the ...

Haha, really? Can you show the screen grabs?
2015-10-8
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 14:38

The clue in the post is that he (or she...) removed the  ...

What you have to do in the Simulator to see this messages? Fly over his house
2015-10-8
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 14:48
I could be wrong, of course... Their reference to "Free Fly" might not be about the manufacturer o ...

Thats absolutely not funny. I have worked with (with not for please note the difference) Asian managers before - was about gaming software - but they constantly laughed over their customers. This looks for me like asian humor telling us some limits are on the way.
Have you just installed new Firmware released on Sept 7th before?
2015-10-8
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 08:38

I think that's in reference to the change in firmware that doesn't allow us to fly near airports.
2015-10-8
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Alastair Posted at 2015-10-8 15:44
I think that's in reference to the change in firmware that doesn't allow us to fly near airports.

The last limit put in firmware was the 500m orbit radius - which unfortunately also applies to 3rd partxy apps. Before was the 20% speed cut in 1.03 in August and much earlier the 32-->8 channel cut in April?
2015-10-8
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

I would be more likely to beleive that this is a message indicating that the amount of flights that you are allowed without upgrading the firmware was comming to an end.
2015-10-8
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

Sorry Paul, the image was clipped on my phone and I did not see the HaHa! in the messages. With that said I would have to agree with you 100%. These type of instances only help to make the Inspire 1 look more lime a toy than a proffessional aerial phtography tool. I would think that DJI would want to be all over this in order to correct and prevent these types of silly and dangerous things in the future. I say dangerous due to the fact that while plugging in your Inspire to your PC to use the simulator is a desired feature by alit of operators, it also opens the unit up to potential viruses and hackers. This message is makes it clear to me that tbe security set in place is not ( and to be kind ) entirely effective.
2015-10-8
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
China

Do you think it's a reference to Parrot's Freeflight software? If so, what do you think they think has ended about it? Have they implemented a feature they think will stop people buying Parrot drones? Is it that they cut the price to undercut Parrot? Or has Parrot announced some sort of failure?
2015-10-8
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
China

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-9 00:47
Hahahahaha....

That would imply that I think that Parrot's products are superior to the Inspire.. ...

Oh, I see. Sorry, didn't mean to imply you thought Parrot's products were superior. I hadn't heard of Freefly before but my question is still the same. What do you think they meant by it? What could they have done to think they've surpassed Freefly?
2015-10-8
Use props
Fubar
lvl.2
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-8 20:38

Well this thread took a left somewhere... you are correct in assuming I was referring to the front port. No response from the company folks on the port then?

Very strange that a company like DJI, spending the kind of money they do to promote a very sexy, sleek, professional product would allow silly non-sense like the "Free-fly" jab. I'd guess it is some programmer taking a jab at his counter part in another company. Probably not the first time from him or the other guy for that matter. If upper management knew about it, then I would say it doesn't bode well for the company's future. I doubt it was an "approved" program code tho.

Either way, I am not a Parrot or PC owner so I will go on, blissfully unaware, of such non-sense. Carry on!
2015-10-9
Use props
Fubar
lvl.2
United States

lol, no worries on the derail... it was an interesting read, that's for sure. after all that talk about hidden code, developers with ulterior motives and the strange visual similarities the Inspire1 has with the iRobot, robots; I get a little nervous when the light starts blinking red on my bird these days.

2015-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules