Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin a toy not for pro use due to their Customer Service
1135 7 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ian
New

United Kingdom

Had heard numerous snidey comments about DJI customer service but have now experienced first-hand the disaster that it is.  Dealing with the Europe office it took them 8 weeks to replace a cable that was preventing the app from connecting to the Ronin.  At least that is what I think the problem was - almost impossible to get any information out of them - but they said they were still waiting for the cable from China.  This is after saying that a lot of their staff were off sick - classic sign of an unhappy company.

Eventually - 8 weeks later (not 15-20 days as promised) it was returned while I was off on a shoot, but having tested it finally yesterday it does now connect from the app, but otherwise fails to work - cuts out after 30 secs and starts bobbing like a frightened chicken.  This was with an A7RII not the RED so it wasn't a weight issue for sure.

Tried to call Customer Service - line is busy - no engaged signal - just busy and disconnect.  All day and all the next morning.  Finally tried to go through a different number - office closes at 3pm!!

Emailed them - no response for 24 hours and that was only after I filed the ticket twice to try to get their attention

Let me contrast this with Kessler - had some issues with the CineDrive but they are available to help and really bend over backwards to support.  

Things break / fail, no problem, we understand that.  But if you don't care about your customers and are completely unavailable, then you cannot play in the pro market.

So, I have ordered the Movi M15 and will treat the Ronin as a back-up - a toy basically.(And why does Ronin not appear in the drop-down lost of Products on Customer Service ticket page?)

Shame, it worked well to start with and I thought I'd saved the company a fortune by not buying the Movi....

2015-10-1
Use props
tdreher99
lvl.1

United States

I completely agree with all of this. Imagine if a professionall company treated their customers like hobbyists
2015-10-1
Use props
dansouliere
lvl.1
Canada

It's a shame that such a high quality product becomes 100% useless due to the lack of support.

All they care about is selling. That is clear because you can see all their efforts are placed in creating new hardware.

They should hire more support staff now that millions of their products are owned by their customers now. Not doing this is ruining their reputation and eventually it will become common knowledge that DJI is a joke and everyone will stop buying their products.
2015-10-2
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.3

Sweden

Couldn't agree more Ian. I would never have bought the DJI product unless i had a local dealer that i have good relationship with. I can only imagine the horror to buy directly from DJI and be stuck in their 8week+ turnaround loop...
2015-10-2
Use props
oxproduct
lvl.1

Germany

My story. I have local dealer, but DJI don't send parts. They don't care about customers.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-32399-1-1.html
2015-10-4
Use props
oxproduct
lvl.1

Germany

See. They don't care about customers. They did not even answer.
2015-10-8
Use props
Stan B
Flight distance : 44580 ft
United States

Has any one tried ordering directly from the factory that makes these products?
2016-2-25
Use props
stephen851
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United States

Yep... I've had more horrible experience with them than I'd ever wish for.

110% here to sell, sell, sell and not worry about people who have paid.  Luckily I run a small company and figured out most of it on my own because  I tried to get help and it was completely useless and when I DID GET someone on the phone I'm almost certain they didn't even know who they worked for. I thought I was talking to comcast customer support for a second and realized, nope... they are actually better than DJI. (NOT REALLY, BOTH THE SAME)
2016-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules