Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Improving The Inspire Camera Mount
790 3 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoomStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys – Its not the end of the world - but I’m sure most all you Inspire pilots have noticed the poor mounting of the DJI camera and the resulting lateral shake during normal flight. The first time I seen one of the promotion videos of the inspire, I noted the shake but never figured they would release the machine in that condition.  I’ve seen a lot of camera mounts - but never seen such a poor mounting design as DJI has provided on the Inspire. The problem stems from the camera mounting being extremely low combined by isolators that are primarily designed for maybe the weight a Go-Pro at best.

You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to understand that each one of these lateral “Shake” movements on the Inspire, has to be counter-acted upon, so aside from masking normal flight inputs you now have to deal with this unneeded movement from the camera being un-supported.

Anyhow, if you haven’t ready remedied the problem - a quick fix is accomplished with just two small tie-wraps which are threaded through the center of the front isolators which tightens up the plate movement. Put them in loosely then fly the machine and tighten the wraps just a few clicks at a time until you notice the lateral shake ceases to exist. The result is improved images and less current draw since the mount is not working in an attempt to counter this movement.  I have included an image below!

Regards – Mike               
INSPIRE MOUNT.JPG
2015-10-1
Use props
teamnest1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a bad Idea. The only thing i would be concerned with is the event of an accident, the camera will not detach and instead break in a catastrophic manner. I guess it comes down to how confident you are.
2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

This will not work and actually do more harm than good Mike! I would cut the zip ties and let the system do it's job. Just like on RCG, people suggested this is not a good idea.
2015-10-2
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Bad idea its the job of the gimbal why cost 500 USD when if would need such a fix? And with these tie-wraps if you come to near to a tree even in only 2m alt it will break the gimbal with the crash landing.
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules