brand new Inspire 1 repaired by Dji returned w/ damaged and missing some parts
1103 7 2015-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pheonixf
lvl.1

United States

Hey Guys
Well i got my inspire 1 back after an unexplained crashed happened literaly 8 days after ipurchased my unit, at the time i was lucky enough to be flying over a grass filed opposed to the Hudson river where i was flyingthe previous night , i still count my lucky stars that this didnt occur over the hudson river as well as over any people or property.
I'll explain the crash in short , Labor day weekend i decided to attempt to catch a shot of the sun setting in long island , since i had been trying to do just that sincegetting the bird 7 days before that. I choose to lauch rom a grass field for a number of reason, one it was isolated and had plenty of flying space with no one around , and two because the night before i noticed some funny behavior when flying over the hudson river to catch a shot of manhattan.
So i go get to the field and perfom my preflight check , my calibrations , check battery levels, and all thats required before take off. I place the props on the bird and test to make sure they are on securely. After i'm done and satisfied with the preflight check i start my motors and begin to ascend , once i hit 119ft off the ground and only using the joystick to ascend up nottouching anything else , i look at the monitor and see the image spinning , i look up into the air and see my bird is in a freefall headed straight forthe ground, me screaming NOOOOOOO!!! like i witnessed a murder i ran over to find my bird with its frame twisted, the gimbal port cable broke , gimbal fell off, left arm joint snapped in two, battery ejected ( but still powered on) , landing gear leg broken unable to stand bird up. 1 out of 4 props snapped in half, 1 prop completely misisng  (never found ),
anyone who has experienced a crash knows the exact feeling i was having so puting my anger and disbelief aside i proceeded to collect the piece and began wondring WTF went wrong, luckily it was only 8 days old and brand spanking new , so a simple call to DJI , a bit of confusion and some run around and my unit was off to be repaired , a porcess that i had read prior to sending it in ,  would take a lengthy time untill it was returned to me , i am happy to say that not all cases are equal and i received my unit back within 16 days of sending it in minus the time it takes to actually get there ( Dji revieved it 9/16/15 and i got it back yesterday 10/1/15) Although i still have not been given a reason why my bird initially crashed.
  Unfortunately this is where things get funny , i am highly upset and bothered by the results of my inspection of my repaired unit.
  Upon opening my "Brand new 8 day old Original  Inspire 1 case " that was just returned to me by the Dji repair team, one of the zippers was completely off the track and is unable to close/open the case , leaving me with the  ability to only use one zipper to close/open the case. Now i can see where one would think this isn't a big deal and in most cases it probably wouldn't be , however in this case one just might find that it is something that needs to be addressed , if you consider two key facts ,
1>THE ENTIRE UNIT CASE AND ALL PARTS INCLUDED WERE PURCHASED ONLY 6-8 DAYS PRIOR TO ITS CRASH.
2 AND MY FAVORITE > THE CASE ITSELF COST OVER $450 ALONE
keeping these facts in mind you can see why its considered a big deal to me , if that alone isn't reason enough than consider it a sign of the quality of care and workmanship that  fostered within the company.
Now if this was the only issue , i would most likely do what any other cool headed person would do and just take the 2 mins to sit and fix the zipper, however it wasn't the only problem  i found. As i placed the items (batteries ,cables ,props,documents ) originally in box when purchased ( 8/28/15), i picked up the Remote Controller that was just sent back from DJI along with my Aircraft ,and Camera and noticed a series of scratches and chips along the metallic parts  , aswell as some form of blackish dirt or stain on the rubber of the Remote ,this made  me instantly furious for the same 2 reason that i was upset about the zipper, but with the exception of an added reason which is the most Important of all, MY REMOTE CONTROL WAS ONLY 8 DAYS OLD AND HAD NEVER ,NOT ONCE BEEN DROPPED NOR FELL IN ANY WAY , WHICH WOULD RESULT IN THE SCRATCHES AND CHIPS THAT ARE CURRENTLY ON MY REMOTE AFTER RECEIVING IT BACK FROM THE DJI REPAIR TEAM, FURTHERMORE I HAVE NEVER HANDLED THE REMOTE OR AIRCRAFT WITH ANY TYPE OF DIRT OR MATERIALS ON MY HAND , LET ALONE BLACK MATERIALS ,WHICH WOULD RESULT IN CONDITION MY REMOTE IS CURRENTLY IN

Thinking to myself that I cant be entirely mad because i did receive my unit back in a good time frame , and maybe i can learn to overlook these things , i proceeded to inspect the rest of the returned unit , only to come across the camera Missing the Original Filter( Part 35 only clear not the ND Filter  ) that was attached to it when purchased . as well as the gimbal cover ( part 16 i believe )  missing completely. At this point i was more than pissed and decided that i would just wait till today and write an email , and also call in to seek clarity on why and how this could happen, and how did it go unnoticed .

Usually i would have a different approach and tone after  experiencing service like this , but i wont because i am still impressed with the parts of the service that were exceptional, I'm hoping that something  can be done to rectify this because i have only owned this thing 1 month and for 22 of those days it wasn't in my possession ( traveling to DJI and back for repairs) , which means i literally have a total of 1 hr an about 30 mins utilizing my $3000+ investment .
Watching my bird fall out of the sky has struck a big blow to my confidence in the aircraft ,but not enough to quit on it but the added issues now have me fearful that the time frame i have been praising my in fact be a rushed job, i hope this not to be true because i consider myself a returning customer and have aith in their abilitity to make things right

has anyone else has had an experience like this?

2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please provide me with your RMA number...
2015-10-2
Use props
Pheonixf
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-2 11:10
Please provide me with your RMA number...

RMA 0908201576854-203299

Update : since writing this post i also made contact with DJI via the telephone ,whioch proved to be somewhat pointless, what i mean by this is that the rep although he was trying to help didnt seem to know how to handle the situation , he advised me to look for the original email that contained my RMA number and reply to it with pictures showing the damages mentioned , also i forgot to mention that my gimbal cover was the missing part when it was returned , i told him and he insisted i take a picture and send it aswell. my question is , was this rep giving me the correct info on how to proceed or was he dismissing me to someone else
thanks in advance for your reply and hope you can provide some clarity and a possible solution , because i did the math and from the parts missing alone ( gimbal cover , and Clear cilter , im looking at $50-60 extra expense that was not all needed for a brand new purchase.
2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pheonixf Posted at 2015-10-2 09:54
RMA 0908201576854-203299

Ok thanks for providing the information. I will try to have someone look this over.
2015-10-2
Use props
Pheonixf
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-2 16:53
Ok thanks for providing the information. I will try to have someone look this over.

thanks for any help you do provide BladeStrike , i have a question about my bird , One of the legs isnt touching the ground completely like the leg is shorter by a half an inch , is that normal?
Since receiving it back i havent gotten a chance to fly it part of the reason for that is the fear from the initial accident , but its mostly due to the uncertainty that the aircraft is back to 100% .
once again i do appreciate your assistance.
2015-10-3
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pheonixf -

Someone should be in contact with you shortly about this issue. I have made management aware of the issue.
2015-10-4
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good job Blade
2015-10-4
Use props
Pheonixf
lvl.1

United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-4 10:59
Pheonixf -

Someone should be in contact with you shortly about this issue. I have made management a ...

greetings blade, once again i thank ou for your assistance , however its been 4 days since you posted this and i have yet to receive any type of communications other than you from DJI,  it is becoming more frustrating by the day , still i do appreciate all the help you have provided so far   
2015-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules