Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I been trying to find a clear answer to this but just can't find one.

What is the best setting to be on the Image Transmission, Auto or Manual???

When in auto I noticed that my Image transmission drops on and off.

But when i choose custom, I have channel 20 which is the lowest point on the graph and never spikes red.

Also, when I am in channel 20, the on and off connection stops and maintains in good connection status.

So in all, is being in custom the best way to go?

I seen some videos on youtube where most advanced pilots recommend to use custom and choose the lowest point on the graph as the best channel.

So is this true?

Let's get this cleared
2015-10-2
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

The auto setting is a joke, always having dropouts. I manually set to channel 17, no dropouts and is a very solid transmission in my area.
2015-10-3
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris@corp-medi Posted at 2015-10-3 17:58
The auto setting is a joke, always having dropouts. I manually set to channel 17, no dropouts and is ...

Chris,

So when choosing a good channel, are you looking for the lowest point on the graph?

I choose my channel to be 20 because it is the lowest point and never spikes a red bar.

So I am assuming this would be an excellent channel for me to choose.

Is this correct?
2015-10-3
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

I looked for the bar that had the highest most stable signal, not fluctuating up and down a lot. Ch17 was stable and in the red most of the time, but as soon as I locked on to it its been a blue bar and stable.
2015-10-4
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yunior Posted at 2015-10-3 17:57
Chris,

So when choosing a good channel, are you looking for the lowest point on the graph?

YES - you are correct. You should look for the channel with the lowest point on the graph because this is a signal interference graph.  You want to wait for several minutes because the graphs shows average signal interference over time.  I ALWAYS fly in Custom mode and use Channel 20 (lowest point on graph - lowest signal interference) about 90% of the time.  I rarely have video signal loss.  You also need to orient your antennae correctly (antennae parallel to one another, with wide flat sides of antennae facing the Phantom; thus, typically both antennae sticking straight up with Phantom in front of you).  When flying the Phantom 3 at a great distance, it is important to keep your body oriented with the antennae aimed at the Phantom.  At distances over 7000 feet, I typically lose RC Transmitter signal level BEFORE I have any problems with video transmission.  Too bad there's not a manual setting and multiple channels available for the RC transmitter signal tranmission like there is for the HD video transmission signal.
2015-10-4
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

chris@corp-medi Posted at 2015-10-4 11:05
I looked for the bar that had the highest most stable signal, not fluctuating up and down a lot. Ch1 ...

No - you should chose the channel adjacent to the LOWEST point on the graph. This is not a signal strength graph - it is a signal INTERFERENCE graph.  The high points on the graph are being used by other electronic devices and, thus, there is greater chance of interference.
2015-10-4
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-10-4 11:40
No - you should chose the channel adjacent to the LOWEST point on the graph. This is not a signal  ...

Its been working perfectly for me for the past 6 mo.
2015-10-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may also want to lower the transmission rate to 4mbps if you are planning any long range flights.
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules