1803 7 2014-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, to say I am annoyed and extremely frustrated would be an understatement.  After having purchased the Ipad GS, specifically for business work, I then discovered that hey, it doesn't work with an Ipad 2, which I was perfectly happy with. OK, so in addition to the expense I have just incurred in getting the hardware, it now seems I have to spend £350 on a new Ipad! So, after spending all day yesterday and today, at my expense, trying to get the thing to work, nothing is happening. The datalink/bluetooth connection simply does not show on my Ipad Air. Yes, settings, Bluetooth, turn on, nothing. I've tried switching on the Quad and TX with different starting protocols. I've tried starting the Ipad and then connecting the Bluetooth battery, then I've tried starting things in a different combination. Nothing at all. So all this afternoon, I've had some poor guy at Apple take me through other possibilities, such as a complete reinstall of the OS on my Ipad, reboot of everything... nothing... except after reinstalling the OS on the Ipad the GS Bluetooth, showed up for about 5 seconds and then disappeared! Gone. So here I am after two days of getting very angry and frustrated.

Could someone from support please offer some advice, before I shoot myself, I would be grateful. Thank you.
2014-12-16
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

Which FC you use?
And how are the LED Indicators of both the AirEnd&GroundEnd light?
2014-12-17
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, when you say Autopilot system?  The flight controller is Naza M V2, the rest of the GPS, etc etc is all DJI hardware. The GS app is the latest downloaded to an Apple Air. The relevant lights show correctly.

I have had some small success, in that while the GS BT does not show in the list of BT devices, it does appear after the App is started. However, I have to reboot the Ipad from cold, then initiate the App for it to find the BT link, any other way of doing things does not work. it's all a bit of a plaster job.

The other thing is that if I have to reboot from cold, then I will presumably lose the cache holding the map in the App. So I can't prepare a route before I go out to the launch site because I will have to reboot the Ipad and in doing so lose the map information from the cache (?) I have to test this. This is all a lot of nonsense.
2014-12-17
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No response from DJI?
2014-12-18
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hmm, can someone please let me know if this is the right place to receive help from DJI? Thanks...
2014-12-21
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems support for DJI products is about as useful and helpful as you can get from Apple! I wonder if DJI would be more helpful if they were a newly formed company looking to attract customers.
2014-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi,rockliffe . Please show me some videos about your problem,which is quite odd i think. Make sure the BTU and  the 2.4G Datalink are correctly connected.
2014-12-22
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jackson Posted at 2014-12-23 10:41
Hi,rockliffe . Please show me some videos about your problem,which is quite odd i think. Make sure  ...

Hi DJI, sure. The problem I seem to be having is that the App will only connect to the datalink if I boot the ipad from cold, which is a problem. If I create a flight plan at home, it will then be lost from the cache if I then have to go out in the field and have to reboot from cold.
2014-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules