Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Alternate Gimbal / Cam setup
1452 2 2014-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shep941
lvl.1

United States

So my gimbal / camera assembly is messed up. Rather than send it in for expensive repairs and wait forever I think I'd rather look at a GoPro option. What I was wondering is does anyone know what it would take (gimbal and attachment wise) to set up a GoPro on a P2v+ ver 2.0?

Also would I be able to use the DJI software on my phone for FPV the same as with the Phantom default gimbal/cam?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2014-12-16
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out the Dronexpert.nl Quick Release (http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre ... i-phantom-2-vision/).

It lets you remove the P2V+ camera and gimbal, install the quick release plate, and buy any of the 3 options for the imaging device of your choice. P2V+ Camera/Gimbal, GoPro with H3-3D Gimbal, or the Sony point and click. This is currently the only way I know of to mount a GoPro and still have FPV and use of the app, without adding some other FPV system. The quick release uses the stock FPV system.

From what I understand, you can not start and stop recording or photos while in flight. You can start recording before you launch and set up interval photos (while recording videos).

You can not change ISO while in flight ether. But apparently you can use the 7th channel lever (or tilt dial on new transmitter) to tilt the go pro h3-3d gimbal.
2014-12-16
Use props
shep941
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Tony!
Man this is an expensive hobby...
2014-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules