Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cheong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2778799 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi

I am travelling during winter and was thinking of taking my P3P along to take aerial video / photgraphy, have any one done that before ? how to keep the battery warm if I am travelling by using the public transport (trains / bus) etc

What should I watch out for beside the battery ?
2015-10-4
Use props
jeffreyqaunaq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140164 ft
Canada

ive been flying at -6C ground level, winter is here already with lot of snow, just watch out for the snow and battery draining faster, at one point it was giving warning to auto land but couldn't figure out what was happening but slow it home safely
2015-10-4
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Carry batteries against your body, like photographers do.  Body heat maintains a reasonable temp.  As Jeffrey said, watch your battery levels.  Cold will deplete them much quicker.
2015-10-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

2015-10-4
Use props
cheong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2778799 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Tim, amazing video, in the video, you guys wrap the Inspire 1 with foil to keep it from getting wet and keep it warm, how can I do that we the P3P ? any suggestions ?
2015-10-6
Use props
Snowman
lvl.2

Finland

This is also a topic of interest to me. I flew today in temperature of around zero degrees celcius, and got a critical low voltage error with 53% battery left.

I assume this was because of the cold, as I had flown a little while but possibly not enough for the battery to warm up. The error came when I was using full thrust upwards and away (over a lake...). With full power the voltage drops a little, and it seems it dropped below the critical level and started to auto-land. Luckily, it can be canceled with a press of a button.

Maybe the gust of wind in high speed also cools down the battery a little, so the low level warning was a combination of things.

I did not have time to register the voltage when the error came. I think I saw the voltage numbers change colour around 3.62 volts, so if around that it level might be wise to be extra careful.
2015-10-7
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Wow! Amazing stuff!
2015-10-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

We often have a "wonderful" winter here in Alberta, but from what the local Natives have been telling me, it's going to be a mild one this year.
Perhaps it's only the factual beginning of earths warming trend.

"Weather" it's cold or warmer than usual, I still intend to fly on some days that allow it and get plenty if awesome footage of our winter wonder land.
Our city seems to embrace the colder months with festivals and outdoor events that bring out the crowds, even when the Celsius is in the negative degrees.

Plenty to look forward to, including a top notch ice carving competition and week long display. Only Cold Weather permitting. ;-)

So yeah, the Phantom bird will Rise to the occasion.

RedHotPoker

2015-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules