a upgrade issue firmware 1.4 or 1.3
1415 21 2015-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
truckerich
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100814 ft
United States

I purchased this drone a Phantom 3 Professional last week and read on DJI Site I needed a update firmware. This is were they sent me and quoted below there instructions below the dotted lines.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE: "The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what should I do go with the new version 1.4 and egnore the controller update. It says it DOES NOT INCLUDE Update for the Controller or I can get the older version 1.3.20 for the best user experience? Thank You , truckerich

PS. I checked the SD Card in the camera of the drone to put the new update but got confussed. lol
The SD Card has nothing on it. I forgot it had 2 empty Folders on it so I deleted them.  Did I need them? I was getting ready to put it in my PC for updating.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only think I'm doing good how I'm replying etc texting here. I'm not savy forum participation. OK, I for the very first time powered up the drone airplane. Nothing is connected to it. It's been running now for 40 minuets. The lights flashing and the gimble in front is blinking red. Now what to do. When I turned on also the cameras was turing up, down, etc I'm going to wait it outnow. hm, hmmm, hum,zz. lol

Thnx
2015-10-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

What does it say in the App?  Icon upper right corner.  Scroll down to About and you will have a list of the current versions.  Please follow the instructions on DJI's Support page on how to do the upgrade.
2015-10-4
Use props
norcal.drivers
lvl.1

United States

I am in same boat. The message makes no sense.

I just did the 1.32 update on controller successful and waiting as I type this for the 1.4 to load on drone. We will see what happens
2015-10-4
Use props
norcal.drivers
lvl.1

United States

that worked.

dji make it less confusing and say to X and Y
2015-10-4
Use props
DarthDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42818 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi guys, I just went through this pain bu I'm proud to report I succeded with the upgrade and I just took my first flight!
Check e
This post: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=44480
First make sure you have the latest App for your tablet
Then upgrade the drone
I then tried to upgrade the RC with an SD card but failed. Then I discovered that the controller is best upgraded through the APP
So now I'm flying!
Hope this helps
2015-10-4
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-10-4 22:02
What does it say in the App?  Icon upper right corner.  Scroll down to About and you will have a lis ...

Hi there, Read my Quote. That's what they wrote exactly every word came from DJI Site. I don't understand what this quote is saying. I copy and paste there answer. Read quote again. Answer the quote.
2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

The quote is stating a simple fact, 1.4 does not include an RC update. If you are on an earlier version than 1.3 on the RC, please update RC to 1.3. The 1.3 file is available the same place this quote was posted.
2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

norcal.drivers@ Posted at 2015-10-4 23:22
I am in same boat. The message makes no sense.

I just did the 1.32 update on controller successful  ...

Did you update the 1.4 successfully?
2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

There is to empty folders on the drones SD Card in the camera when I bought the drone. What are they and the names of those folders that came with the drone?

2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-5 09:44
The quote is stating a simple fact, 1.4 does not include an RC update. If you are on an earlier vers ...
I Agree 100%
OK then I'll forget the controller update package  so go to 1.3 and there it is in 1.3 then go to 1.4 upgrade. I thought I read on site do not upgrade to 1.4. to many bugs and come back in a couple weeks for the upgrade. But it also said go back to 1.3. What;s that all about?
2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Been running fine with 1.4
2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

Do I really have to update as it is a new Drone. I Appol all the questions everybody.  Thou reply lol
2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What firmware are you currently on?
2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-5 12:15

It's a new never been turned on. Bought here last wk. a Phantom 3 Pro. What firmware do I have. It's new do I really need to do any updating? Havn't pluged the monitor in. Scared to. lol I pulled the camera SD card out there was 2 empty folders that was on the card. I thout I was to have a blank card but thinking about it I don't think I should of. Now it's a blank card for the camera. I forgot the names on the SD Cards folders. They were on the card new. oH, BOY WHAT A MESS                                 
2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

I only think I'm doing good how I'm replying etc texting here. I'm not savy forum participation. OK, I for the very first time powered up the drone airplane. Nothing is connected to it. It's been running now for 20 minuets. The lights flashing and the gimble in front is blinking red. Now what to do. When I turned on also the cameras was turing up, down, etc I'm going to wait it outnow. hm, hmmm, hum,zz. lol
2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

I only think I'm doing good how I'm replying etc texting here. I'm not savy forum participation. OK, I for the very first time powered up the drone airplane. Nothing is connected to it. It's been running now for 20 minuets. The lights flashing and the gimble in front is blinking red. Now what to do. When I turned on also the cameras was turing up, down, etc I'm going to wait it outnow. hm, hmmm, hum,zz. lol
2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

2015-10-5
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

truckerich Posted at 2015-10-5 20:06
I only think I'm doing good how I'm replying etc texting here. I'm not savy forum participation. OK, ...

I turned off my P3P after being on 45 minuets. Still blinking lights and red light blinking too.
2015-10-5
Use props
lotusteve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

truckerich Posted at 2015-10-5 22:33
It's a new never been turned on. Bought here last wk. a Phantom 3 Pro. What firmware do I have. It' ...

Put the blank card in the bird and it will put back the folders it needs automatically
2015-10-7
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-5 12:15

How can you tell what version I'm using?
UPDATE ! I turn the controller on and it has red light then turn on airplane and the light turns green. Progress :>) Now got to get camera connected. I exc the DJI GO app and brings me to camera settings. Now I got to connect. Don't know how yet.
2015-10-8
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-10-5 11:15

Sir DJI-BladeStrike., I'm so sorry not to reply back. I'm new and didn't know what you were saying
and to chicken to ask. I now know what you were asking. I'm afraid to update to the newest firmware 1.05.oo.30. I have the 1.4.0010 installed. The highest I've went is 700 FT. I didn't receive any height issues or messages if I remember. I lifted off first time last week. I know long wait. lol Beautiful. Now waiting for weather to brake. Ok now  reply cause I learned a lot in past what 3, 4 months.
Ok,Thank You, BIGDOG-AIR 1
2015-12-22
Use props
truckerich
lvl.1
United States

lotusteve Posted at 2015-10-7 12:58
Put the blank card in the bird and it will put back the folders it needs automatically

Sirlotusteve, I'm so sorry not to reply back. I'm new and didn't know what you were saying
and to chicken to ask. I now know what you were asking. I'm afraid to update to the newest firmware 1.05.oo.30. I have the 1.4.0010 installed. The highest I've went is 700 FT. I didn't receive any height issues or messages if I remember. I lifted off first time last week. I know long wait before lift off. lol Beautiful. Now waiting for weather to brake. Ok now  reply cause I learned a lot in past what 3, 4 months.
Ok,Thank You, BIGDOG-AIR 1
2015-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules